Copyright (c) 2014 by LS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LS -- Blogmeister

The Big Apple-

by LS teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Just a Simple Burn

Just a Simple Burn

Why? Why him. He had never harmed anyone, it was unfair and painful. It was like having a punch in the face watching him there screaming and screeching, being held by his mother and ready to go to the hospital. It was just a few hours ago that I was playing with him and chasing him around, he was my cousin my baby cousin. I’m much attached to him and seeing him there in pain was the worst moment in my entire life. It all began when he was taking a shower suddenly the hot water was turned on it charged toward his delicate and gentle skin like a bull running toward the red cape. Screams of pain came from the bathroom. My aunt horridly grabbed him and smeared cream for burns all over his body. As I watched her do so my heart was throbbing with pain. I felt as if someone had stabbed me, I couldn’t take it anymore I had to sit down. My head fell into my hands as I started to cry and sob. He was rushed to the hospital by my mom and aunts. I was in so much pain and soreness. I missed him already after about ten minutes. I decided to read to exclude what just happened. I couldn’t get it out of my head. I was counting the minutes waiting for them to come back. One hour went by and they weren’t home yet, I waited and waited till I couldn’t any more. I started to cry again but this time I couldn’t stop. Finally the doorbell rang I opened the door and there he was lying his mother’s shoulders all wrapped up with white cloth. Just looking at him there made my palms burn, tears rolled down my face my heart felt a thousand times heavier than it was a minute ago it was a scary feeling . I never imagined how much damage could happen from just a simple burn. He was in so much pain, a baby his age would be crawling all around the floor playing with toys. But all he did was sit there. Sometimes I feel that life has no justice but we have to accept no matter what! As I watch him heal I become happier and happier every day.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 01:36 AM • comment (2) • Reads 81 • see all articles