Copyright (c) 2014 by SJ Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SJ -- Blogmeister

Yellow Sunshine-

by SJ teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5D Ramlieh Reflection (01/24/12)

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:10 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 342

The heavenly potato and the beef angel

I could feel the steam arise from the meat and potato that I was about to devour. The taste of certain juices and numerous spices curled around my tongue. Then the potato’s taste arrived. The taste of salt and seasoning oil had arisen from the inside of the slice. I had another bite. This time, both tastes crashed together making the taste of paradise. It was the most delicious moment.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:07 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 95

One morning, I woke up feeling sick and it was the day I was going to pack for Ramlieh. I asked my dad since he was a doctor if I can go, but he decided not to send me because I wasn’t feeling well. While I was watching I felt very queasy, dizzy and not myself. I said to myself “Great!”

The sight of me being sick is not a pretty thing! The taste of my mucous was very disgusting. It was stuck in my throat! My heart was beating very loudly because I was disappointed I wasn’t going to Ramlieh. My head was like a volcano because I had a huge fever. I felt very queasy and dizzy.

Then my mom felt very bad that I stayed home so she took me out to get a toy. I first played with my toy, which was a diary. Second, I finished my homework which was writing. It took me a really long time. Samia, Wafik and Ghinwa all tried to cheer me up by getting me to be hyper. I was happy.

At the end, I am glad I didn’t go because I relaxed at home and just had time for myself. Also, I heard people got sick.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:27 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 95

I felt the breeze that hit my face like a flash of light; it was so cold that my teeth were like a skeleton clicking his teeth. I heard the people talking and they were so loud that I could not hear anything that coach Wisam was saying and I tasted well I did not taste anything, fuf that is better than tasting yellow ice.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:06 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 64

Aww! It hurts so much. I felt like a bus ran over my foot. The pain was spreading, spreading like water when it is on glass. My face was bathed in sweat. The smell of pain filled the air. I screamed to my dad who thought I was faking. Finally after three minutes my dad helped me up to the house. The next thing I knew I was on the couch with a pack of ice on my foot.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:00 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 89

My weekend this week wasn’t the best! I had a rough time being sick. The worst part was that my nose clogged up and I had to blow my nose every 5 minutes.

My hands were freezing cold so I had to cover up a lot. All I saw those 3 days were the TV and computer.

My ears were closed the whole time so I tried doing everything but it didn’t help.

That’s why I hate being sick! I also hate being sick because you have to catch up on homework.

But….I love being sick because you stay home all day and miss school!

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:30 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 89

As I touched the milk white snow I felt my bare hands freeze like dried ice. I closed my eyes to focus on bringing hot warm blood to my freezing hands. I opened my eyes to see my hand the shade of a clear light blue sea. I had at the same time I heard the sweet warm chirp of a bird they’re mocking me I thought. As I flipped the small snow ball that would complete abou Ali. The snow ball was going to be the head of me and my friend’s snow man. I lifted the snow ball and placed the ball on top. “Let’s make him an arguileh!” said Aneese “Come on!” I said back.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:24 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 90

“Ewwwwwww!” everyone screamed, we had to make paper out of recycled paper. We had to put the recycled paper in the blender with water until it became liquid and mushy. It looked really disgusting. We put water in a big bowl and poured the blended paper inside it. Then we used a mesh, put it in the big bowl and took it out and waited for the water to get out. We took the top part of the mesh off and put cloth. We put the cloth on the mushy liquid, put a sponge on the cloth and pressed the water out until ALL the water went. Then we flipped the mesh upside down and we slowly took the cloth off. Yay the paper is done but still mushy! Now we put whatever we want for example leaves and different colors and we have our mushy paper. The only thing we have to do now is wait for it to dry. That was fun but the only thing that was really annoying was that the water was as cold as ice.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:11 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 100

The Fancy Gourmet of Ramlieh

By: Jack

“Lunch time! Lunch time!” Mr. Andre called along the corridors. I walked down the stairs towards the dining room. A sweet aroma of potatoes and beef wafted up to my nostrils, my stomach growled. We walked into the dining room and there lay before us a wonderful selection of food. The hubbub luscious of talk arose as we sat down to eat. The first potato melted in my mouth, the luscious taste of perfectly cooked potatoes overwhelmed me. The wonderful taste of the food in Ramlieh.  

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:24 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 77

We were having dinner in Ramlieh and by the looks of it the beef and potatoes looked disgusting, but you know what they say “don’t judge a book by its cover.’’, so I tried it. When I put the beef and potatoes into my mouth there was a burst of flavors! The beef was so juicy, tender and succulent and the potatoes were so well seasoned and moist. I was in shock that it was going to taste so delicious that I wanted even more. I learned that you should never judge anything by its cover except art and other stuff like that.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:36 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 71

Chickeny goodness

I ate the food in Ramlieh like never before.  I heard the chicken calling my name “Nour eat me eat me I say”. I saw the chicken just lying there on the plate waiting for myself to finish drinking water so I can finally take a bite. I touched the spoon ready to take a bite of chicken. I smelt the scent of the chicken the beautiful most wonderful scent. I tasted the well cooked chicken it was too delicious too be in Ramlieh

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:18 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 77

Simen 24.1.12

I went to the mountains with my class. It was cold and there was even snow there, but I forgot my snow clothes in the bus! I could feel the cold air crawling into my trousers, my body felt like an ice cream. When I touched the snow it felt like my hands had been in the deep freezer for an hour. I could smell all the trees around me, they smelled like soil. When I saw the bus again my eyes almost melted. I had a nice trip!     

Hii my name is Sarah. Iam 10 years old I like dogs and all kinds of animals. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers and 3 cats. My teacher is Mrs. Coffey and she is very kind I am in 5D. My favorite hobby is swimming and that is all I can tell you byeee.