Copyright (c) 2014 by SJ Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SJ -- Blogmeister

Yellow Sunshine-

by SJ teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Title: 5D - Camping Reflection (10/14/11)
Description: Well, guys, what did you think?

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:19 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 425

5d’s camping trip in Dare El Qamar review:

Our camping trip was very fun and interesting, that I enjoyed it very much!!! The best part of it was sleeping in the tent, because nobody slept!!!! We all stayed awake and visited each other, but when the "teachers" came to check on us, everybody ran into their tent, zipped it up, and pretended that they were asleep, so when the "teacher" arrived it was as quiet as possible! The thing that I hated the most was the 5 mile hike, which I thought we were going to die on!! Nobody had water (including me!), and we were all tired, but what I hated the most about the 5 mile hike was the thorns scratching your legs!!! The food was great, like a royal restaurant! Putting up the tent was very fun. We had a bonfire, but it was too hot to eat marshmallows, but we listened to a great story and enjoyed the way the fire got lit by itself!! This was a great camping trip, and I’m looking forward to another one!!!

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 03:11 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 137

When we got to Deir El Qamar, the first thing we did was build the tents. It was hard but the teachers were there to help us. Next we had a snack and after that we went on a 5 mile hike. We found lots of fossils and bullet shells. The way back to the camp was shorter. When we got back, they gave us lunch-- pasta a la Wissam. It was delicious. We had some time to ourselves. Then we went to the activity place and played Capture the Flag and face painted ourselves. When we came back, we did whatever we wanted. Then we had a bonfire   and then we had dinner. It was shish tauok sandwich. When we went to sleep, actually no one did. We all stayed up all night and in the morning everyone was sleepy.

For breakfast we had manushi and hot chocolate, then we took down the tents. Then we went to do the activity place and put bags on our legs and started to run with them on. When we went back to camp we had the same snack and went back to school.  

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:10 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 112

The Camping Trip To Deir El  Qamar:

The camping trip was amazing!  I loved it very much it was one of my favorite field trips. The food was like I was at a professional restaurant!!! But the hike was a little bit thorny, but nice. The part that I liked the most was when we had to sleep! First of all because I didn’t sleep, Second of all because it was dark and almost all the tents where lit up with flashlights! I also like the part where we had to set up the tent that was really cool too! I DID NOT like the part where we had to go back to school….. LLL I loved to look for fossils in Fossil land (As Coach Wissam calls it.)I loved looking at the sunset. It was amazing how the sun goes away quickly A-M-A-Z-I-N-G=http://!!! So pretty much everything was very nice and interesting!!!!

My favorite game where capture the flag and the beanbag jump. J

I just have one more question: Are we going to go again??????

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:18 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 95

Deir al Qamar was a really amazing experience for me. I had so much fun there. I learnt how to set up a tent and I had a roommate named Samar. Samar and I were in a tent together alone. I didn’t sleep for the whole night because people were talking and dancing at night. I kept on saying “Be Quiet!” at night but they wouldn’t be quiet. I stayed up at night and still people were talking. Then, after I finally got settled and finally slept, Samar said I was snoring! In the morning, we woke up at 6:30 A.M. and people were hyper and we also caught grasshoppers.  

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:39 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 135

Deir Al Qamar was an amazing experience; I had all my friends there. At first we learned how to set up the tents and it was not that hard. We ate snack, had juice, and went on a hike. My roommates were Samar, Layan, and Reem. We went hiking for 4 miles and 2 hours. At night we stayed up till 9:30 for the bonfire and ate tiramisu. We couldn’t stay outside, but we did. The morning after that, we woke up and had breakfast. We took the tent down and went to play a game. It was very exciting in Deir Al Qamar!

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:11 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 191

When I went to Deir Al Qammar it was one of the best experiences I’ve experienced. Why? It’s because I’ve never been camping before! I enjoyed it a lot, especially night time, when we were supposed to be sleeping. It’s a long story so I’m going to put it this way… I slept for 2 hours in total; from 1AM till 3AM and the rest of the night was with my friend, in their tents and outside on the rocks! We had a bonfire too! We didn’t roast marshmallows though. The bus ride to and from were both fun! The food was delicious and the tent was really cool. Oh, yeah! We also looked into a telescope and saw the moon!

I enjoyed it so much! I hope that 5B and 5C enjoyed it as much as we did!

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:08 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 141

Dear Reader,

I will now tell you about our camping trip at Deir al kamar. The camping trip was awesome. My favorite part was the night because we had the camp fire at that time and we had the barbecue. My least favorite part was the hike because it was so long. The hardest part was falling asleep because it was so hot! The easiest thing was playing Capture the Flag because I am fast at running and the person I was versus was not so fast. I hope you enjoyed the story of the camping trip.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:08 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 92

While I was at home on Monday and Tuesday when my friends were camping I just watched TV and used my computer. I also saw my cousins while I was at home. And when my aunt called I answered and she stuttered then asked why I was home. I told her why.. And then on Tuesday the day before I had to go to school I wasn’t very happy because I wanted to stay up one more night. Then in the morning I heard my alarm clock and I was very annoyed. When I got to school I wondered what my class and teacher would tell me. But then not that many people asked me why I didn’t go.

That’s what I did On Monday and Tuesday.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:43 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 123

Hello blog viewers, I am going to tell you a story about where I was on Monday and Tuesday. I went CAMPING with my class! I can’t tell you everything so I am going to tell you one part of this trip.

It was at night, all of us were getting ready to sleep. As the two teachers left, we slowly started to whisper, then we started to talk, then we heard loud voices. We heard people getting out of their tents, and one of my tent mates left the tent. The others didn’t, and I refused to leave the tent, so we started to talk. We looked out the tent door and we saw that everyone was outside of their tents. Then I saw a teacher come flashing his light around. We all ran and pretended to sleep, he told us to whisper. We all waited a while then everyone got out their tents. One of my tent mates left the tent then the same teacher came and slept on the bench near the tents we waited till he woke up and left. Then we heard something about being drunk because other people ate something with 2% alcohol. We stayed up all night and we heard wolves howl. A lot of teachers came but we never got caught. That’s it.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:34 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 149

Camping Trip to Deir El Qamar

Deir El Qamar was very nice. We learned how to put up a tent. The tents can fit four people. My roommates where Lea, Juliana and Nasiba. Lea did not come with us, so there where only three of us in the tent. We had to sleep at nine thirty, but we didn’t. When the teachers slept, we all went out, turned the flashlights on, and went outside, and sat on the rocks. We were talking the whole night, and in one of the tents there was a disco. “Get to bed now!!!” the teacher screamed. “Oops,” every one whispered. I was watching him Coach Wissam (the teacher) from the mosquito net because I couldn’t sleep. When he went we went out again and stayed up suddenly…

Another teacher came so we went in the tents again. When the teacher left are friends came to our tents and said scary stories, when they were done, it was morning.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 03:19 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 100

When we arrived to Dar el, kamar my stomach was jumping up and down in excitement. I couldn’t wait to do all the fun activities, like the bon fire, the hike, and the scary stories. Once we reached down we sat on the lunch table. The teachers gave us tirimuso sandwiches for a snack. Then we went to a field and played games . After the games we set up the tents then went on a four mile hike .When the hike was over we came back to the campus, ate pasta, and watched the sunset then slept. My campmates and me couldn’t sleep so we told scary stories. In the morning we woke up ate

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:36 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 108

The camping trip

When I got to class it was really early and I was so excited I couldn’t sleep. When it was 9:00 we got on the bus and went off. When we got there we set up our tents and got a snack. After the snack we had to go on a hike for 2 hours it was nasty for most people. While we were walking we saw a cranberry tree and most people ate some. I was really tiring it was about 4 miles it was kind of fun to. We saw small hills that couch wissam calls Fossil land. Many people found clams and fewer people found quartz. When we got back to the camp most people were tired so they took a nap.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:25 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 103

We began to walk from the camp; it was hot!

When we were walking, there were many thorns. When we came to the place, we could find fossils. I was looking for a long time. After one hour, I had many fossils, for example: Snail houses and clams.

IT WAS A GREAT CAMPING TRIP!!!!

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 02:13 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 103

On Monday, we were heading to Deir al Qamar for a camping trip. After one hour, we arrived and we had snack, which was cake and juice. Our teacher told us to have a meeting so we can learn how to set up a tent. In the meeting we sat on the floor which was covered with pine. After the meeting, we went to bring our tents and set up the tents for the night. Setting up the tent was so good and a nice activity which I enjoyed. We finished setting up the tents, and had to go hiking. We walked for eight miles and I got so exhausted and I was tired. I was exhausted because my bottle was done. We arrived to our tents and ate lunch which was penne a la Wissam. When we were done eating we had time to rest for thirty minutes. We went to the other side of the camping area and played the game of Capture the Flag. It was six and a half, so we ate dinner which was sandwich tawouk with garlic. We went to sit around the bonfires and sat and said stories. As time went by, we went to our tents so we can sleep. The next morning we played games and it was time to go back to school so we can go home.

Hii my name is Sarah. Iam 10 years old I like dogs and all kinds of animals. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers and 3 cats. My teacher is Mrs. Coffey and she is very kind I am in 5D. My favorite hobby is swimming and that is all I can tell you byeee.