Copyright (c) 2014 by Shweta K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Shweta K -- Blogmeister

Earth Science in First Person-

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Shweta K teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Here are some helpful facts about weather...

* When altitude goes up, temperature goes down.

* When dew point goes down, cloud base (altitude) goes up.

* When temperature and moisture go up, pressure goes down.

*When temperature goes up, density goes down.

* When temperature goes up, relative humidity goes down.

When there is low pressure, there will probably be bad weather.

* When temperature and dewpoint get closer together, there is more chance of precipitaion.

*Clouds consist of water droplets and condensation nuclei (not water vapor).

*When it is warm and moist, there is low pressure (cold + dry = high pressure).

Air Masses-

-form on land = continental (c)

-form over water = maritime (m)

-form in high altitudes = polar (p)

- form in low altitudes = tropical (t)

* there are two types of air masses.

Low Pressure Air Masses

-are called lows and cyclones

-in a cyclone, the wind blows toward the center in a counter clockwise motion due to the Coriolis Effect (only in the northern hemisphere).

High Pressure Systems

-the pressure is the greatest in the center.

-they rotate clockwise (in the northern hemisphere) away from the center.

:) :D :O

Article posted February 10, 2011 at 07:20 PM • comment (6) • Reads 571 • see all articles

You should be so excited right now!!! You're reading the coolest blog! Hey, my name is Shweta and this is MY blog, Earth Science in First Person. Science relates to many things in this world such as tennis; the energy going through the ball and racquet and the force of gravity. Science can be implied with almost anything! I will be explaining many of these things and I will post up interesting articles and videos. Be sure to follow me up and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to leave them in the comments. :) :D :O Locations of visitors to this page