Copyright (c) 2014 by Olivia Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Olivia -- Blogmeister

-

8th grade gifted English follows the 9th grade curriculum in the order of the 8th grade units. 8th grade gifted Extended Academics intends to stretch gifted learners as does 8th grade Extended Academics intends to enrich studies for students scoring well in mathematics on standardized tests.

by Olivia teacher: Anita Roberts-Long

Article posted October 24, 2011 at 03:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

Beach Bums

I felt the sun’s rays beating down on my back as I walked along the ocean’s edge with Kailyn and Spencer. Sand ran through my toes as the water splashed, getting my legs wet. The ocean water felt good on my skin, while walking on that hot beach day. I would take deep breaths, breathing in the ocean air. “It feels good to be back,” I said to myself while the other two girls were talking about the week that had just begun.

Kailyn, Spencer, and I had already spent one week together at a camp called Camp 360. It was going to be the second week we spend together, and we couldn’t wait. The three of us already knew there was going to be some fun times ahead of us, and hoped they wouldn’t leave us too quickly. We were ready to have a good time, and weren’t going to leave the beach without one.

After spending almost seven hours together in the car, it was time to get out and stretch our legs. Right when we arrived at the condo, we unpacked our things, bathing suites, and jetted down to the beach. We ran down to meet Kailyn’s older sister, Ashtyn, to tell her we made it safely, then walked along the beach scoping out all the people we would be spending the next week with. We knew a few people were going to be at the beach right around the same time as us, so we were keeping an eye open for any familiar faces.

After looking for people, we went into the water. As we were splashing around, it felt almost as if I were five years old again without a care in the world. We didn’t have any troubles, just three teenage girls at the beach wasting the day away. The only worries we had that whole week were getting darker, and making sure we didn’t forget to grab our tanning lotion.

We went up to our room to order pizza and fix our hair later that day. All three of us, Ashtyn, and Ashtyn’s two other friends had the room to ourselves, and since the other three girls were older they were never really in the condo except at night to go to sleep. So we basically had the condo to ourselves, which was pretty cool. We were already having so much fun, and it was only the beginning.

After the first day, all the other day were pretty much the same, but also very different. We had the same routine everyday, woke up, walked down to the beach, came up for lunch, walked back down to the beach, came back up for dinner, took showers, and went to bed. But everyday, we were laughing about something different then the last. I don’t think I have ever laughed so much in my life, it just never stopped. That beach trip was one of the most fun trips I have ever been on, and I’m glad I was able to spend it with two of my very close friends!

Article posted February 25, 2011 at 02:04 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

I think the book is going to be about smallpox coming back to the world. It will be difficult to to get rid of the disease. I think I would get along best with Mitty because he very laid back, and so am I. Some conflicts are that Mitty is trying to get rid of the virus he brought back, and needs a cure. Some connections are that Mitty waited until the last minute to do his class work, and sometimes that happens to me.

I liked the book, but sometimes it was a bit disturbing. When he swallowed the key, or cut his finger, my stmach started to hurt. It was a little funny though. It wasn't one of my favorite books, but it was okay.

Joey Pigza was a crazy boy. If Iwere living with his grandma though, I would probably be like that too. The grandma is very meen and rude. I felt kind of bad. I was happy to see that his mother came back for him.

I was really hoping that the medicine would help him. He was getting in trouble for things he couldnt control. If I were his grandma or mom, I would have brought him to a doctor way before then. In my opinion, the to gardians were just as crazy as him. Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key is just a crazy book.

3 facts about the author:

1.She married her husband without her father wanting her too.

2.she hurt her back in a car accident.

3.A poem i like is by her, How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways.

2 facys about technology:

1.it is hard to get used to.

2.sometimes its hard to understand.

1 fact about communication:

It is very hard to communicate with someone you dont know.