Computer class where students learn computer 1 courses

teacher: !MFCP15

1. Bullying is the act of intimidating a weaker person to make them do something they don't want to do.

2. I have seen kids get yelled at and hurt. I have seen people make fun of others because of an activity they do. I have also seen kids get bullied online for things they didn't even do.

3. They could tell and adult and just ignore the people bullying them.

4. I could tell people to not bully and be really nice to people. If I am nice to them, they might try and be nice to me and everyone else.

Right now,I am reading Inkspell.

1. I think it will be about Dustfinger going back into the book, and Meggie will probably follow them there. Then Mo and Resa will follow Meggie, and they will all probably get into some sort of trouble.

2. I think I would best get along with Dustfinger or Farid because they are most like me and they think the same way I do.

3. I think Farid will get into a lot of trouble for following Dustfinger everywhere and I think Dustfinger will get into a lot of trouble by Basta and the Magpie. Meggie will probably have a lot of obstacles to get to Dustfinger, and Mo and Resa will probably be stopped really early.

4. I think I am like Meggie and Mo because I like to read books a lot. I also think I am like Fenoglio because I like to write and be creative.

3. I learned that Ezra Pound worked with Robert Frost and other legendary poets. I also learned that he had written a lot of his own poems and got many awards from Ivy League and other top universities and colleges.

2. I learned that Wikispaces is a pretty simple tool once you know how to use it. I am also happy that we could do this project online than using pencil and paper because it is so much faster.

1. I learned that communication through the Internet is way faster than manual. I think it is cool that we could work on a project together with people halfway across the country.

Article posted February 10, 2011 at 12:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

a. I chose Dalai Lama's quote. I think that what he is trying to say is that having compassion and tolerance is something that you can use to your advantage. You may seem weak on the outside but mentally, you will be tougher than anyone.

b. I can apply this to my life because I have had to tolerate my sister a lot. She can be annoying and bothersome but if I tolerate her for a while, then she will just go away (probably). If I was compassionate to her, she might be nice to me and do what I ask for her to do sometimes.

c. Compassion and tolerance are definitely things that can improve anyone's attitude. Someone could always use some more compassion and/or tolerance no matter how nice they may seem to be. There are some things that can't hurt you but can only help you and I think that this is one of them. But you can't be too tolerant too. I think sometimes you will have to put your foot down and be firm to people to make them get the point.

d. If everyone was a little more compassionate and tolerant, there would be on rivalry between people and countries and there wouldn't be that many wars. Overall, the world would be a more friendly environment for everyone. This would help everyone have better character and better life skills. If everyone was a little more compassionate, just about half of the world's many problems would be solved.

Article posted January 21, 2011 at 03:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

When I reread the poem "An Immortality," I found that it does not have that much relevance with rose leaves. When I first read this, I was just skimming it, and did not realize he just making a simile. I figured out it was a simile after the second time reading it when I was reading it more word to word. "Though rose-leaves die of grieving,

Than do high deeds in Hungary

To pass all men's believing. "

This passage says that he would rather have peace and calm than have fame for doing a high deed in Hungary, for some reason. I really like the way the poet thinks and how he writes because most people want to be rich and famous and stuff, but this poet thought deeper and saw that it would be better to be at peace than other things.

Article posted December 2, 2010 at 06:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

On 12/1 I commented on Ms. Lubich's blog "Books Anyone?"

Article posted November 21, 2010 at 04:50 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 47

So far this year, my favorite book would have to be the one I am reading right now, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The one person I despise and strongly dislike would probably be Snape and Voldemort (or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named). I don't like them because they both have evil personalities, Voldemort being a little more pointed. After reading a chapter where Harry's dad made fun of Snape for no reason, it changed how I felt about Snape a little. I don't think any character in this book directly represents someone, but indirectly, I think Harry represents good and Voldemort represents evil, and that the moral behind this story is that good always beats evil. I don't know whether Rowling wrote this book from Harry being like her, or just made a story.

I agree with Charles Ghigna completely because if you don't put in creativity and different emotions into a poem or any type writing, it has no meaning. Emotions and imagination give writing meaning and thought. Without risking putting in some emotion into a writing, there is no writing.

For the mystery genre test, I studied for about 10-15 minutes the evening before and looked at the study material in 4th hour the following day for about ten minutes. If I got the chance to redo my test, I would have studied a lot more. I would plan to study every night for about 3 or 4 days by memorizing each word and its definition. On the night before the test, I would quiz myself, and if there was something that I was not clear on, I would review that term longer than the rest of them.

This plan is much better than the first one because it involves much more studying time in a more creative way. My first plan did not prove to be that helpful. I think that, if I study for longer, the material will get into my head more firmly than before. I think that if had a chance to redo the test, with the plan I have, I could get an A on it.