Copyright (c) 2014 by Jacob Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jacob -- Blogmeister

2nd period

8th grade gifted English follows the 9th grade curriculum in the order of the 8th grade units. 8th grade gifted Extended Academics intends to stretch gifted learners as does 8th grade Extended Academics intends to enrich studies for students scoring well in mathematics on standardized tests.

by Jacob

teacher: Anita Roberts-Long

PC-RSG 10/24/11
First and Last Hunting Trip 10/24/11
*Bullying* 03/10/11
*About the book* 03/03/11
As you begin 02/24/11
E journal 02/17/11
growth 11/18/10

Family. In many societies, family comes before everything else: school, extracurricular activities, and even personal wants or needs. People are taught to respect and love their families. In Communist China, during the Cultural Revolution, young people were taught to dislike and even break ties with their mothers, fathers, and even grandparents. Jiang Ji-Li hated her grandfather for being a greed landlord. She almost went as far as changing her last name to have a new start and class status. Later, she realized her family loved her, and so she protected them from any form of danger. She even worked in a field in a rural farm community just to protect her father. She promised she would keep her family safe and never betray them. Se went from despising her grandfather and hating her family to wanting to protect and help her family no matter the danger or consequences. This is how I feel about my own family.

If anyone in my family were in danger, I would reach out to help the. I will support my family no matter what choices they make and protect them in whatever situation they are in. I love my family and would sacrifice myself to save them. Family is incredibly important to me, and I feel there is a bond between families which cannot be broken. I will always be there for my family and will help them out any time they are in need of it. I appreciate everything my family has done for me. I would help anyone in my family no matter the consequences, no matter how far away they are and no matter what I must do. I think Jiang Ji-Li felt the same way as me about the value and meaning of family.

4:00 A.M., Butte la Rose, cold as an Alaskan winter. There was still a veil of fog over the land. My uncle awoke me like a drill sergeant waking up a platoon. I leapt out of bed and into my camouflage-hunting garb. My uncle grabbed his shotgun and we were out the door by 4:15 A.M. I couldn’t bring a shotgun because I didn’t have a hunting license yet since this was my first time and I wasn’t sure if I’d liked hunting. My uncle and I met up with some of his friends to pick up the beagles that we were going to use for the hunt. 4:30 A.M., we arrived at the kennel and the dogs were howling up a storm because they were excited and ready for the hunt. My uncle picked three or four of his favorite dogs and the chase began.

First, we checked out an area of tall grasses and the men let the beagles loose. We started looking around until one of the beagles started howling, which meant, “I’ve found one, I’ve found one!” My uncle ran over to where the noise was coming from and found the dog barking at a squirrel. Although this as an early sign of failure, I was still hopeful that the dogs or us would spot a rabbit. About fifteen minutes later, as some of the guys were ready to try a different spot, there was another earsplitting howl. This time it came from just outside a circle of five old abandoned rusty cars. As we all encircled the cars, a cat sprung out and was then quickly pursued by one of the beagles. Each and every time a letdown or false alarm like this occurred, my hope in finding a rabbit went up but my faith in actually catching one went down.

5:30 A.M., after an hour of false sightings, some of my uncle’s friends were thinking about throwing in the towel, but others wanted to check the woods, which was bound to have tons of rabbits. I couldn’t even consider quitting yet, especially since this was my first time going hunting even though I wasn’t allowed to shoot a gun. I just couldn’t go home empty handed. I think failure was what kept me motivated and optimistic. It would be a terrible car ride home if no one shot a rabbit.

There it was again, the howling of a beagle, which came from deep inside the woods. My uncle and I rushed over to the sound but had to be careful not to trip over any branches. Zoom! The rabbit ran by in a blur with the beagle on its tail. My uncle couldn’t get a good aim for a while but then had the rabbit in his sights. Or so he thought.

He fired his big twelve guage and there was a bloodcurdling whine. My uncle had just shot his favorite dog. I tried to convince him we could make it to the nearest pet hospital and he just shook his head. The shotgun blast (multiple pieces of singeing metal) had ripped through the poor dog’s flesh. I thought about how much pain the beagle must have been in. The blood was now oozing out of the dog's body. My uncle answered that unasked question. “I think we should put him down.” He said sullenly.

You could see the twisted anguish in his face and in the beagle’s. I know people say animals don’t have feelings, but after seeing the torment in that dog’s deep blue eyes, I don’t know how anyone could say that.

My uncle guided me out of the forest. We took nine steps from the beagle before the executing shot rang out through all of Butte la Rose. On the way home I saw that the nearest pet hospital was in Breaux Bridge, which was about thirty minutes away. I’ll just say one thing… it was a long car ride home. Arrived home, 8:00 A.M., Halloween morning.

Bullying is when one person puts down another person mentally or physically. People have made fun of my friends and I and I have seen people verbally abuse each other. A victim of bullying should tell a teacher or walk away from the problem. I could put posters on campus to denounce bullying and I could be student council president and advise people to stop bullying.

"Among the Betrayed" is a very fascinating and exciting book. This is a lot like another book I have read in that there is children who dislike and disobey the government. this book is different because these kids don't try to overthrow the government, but in the other book the kids do. I do agree with the actions of the kids(main characters) because they are just trying to escape from something they did not do. sometimes I feel like things are unfair but I don't run away, I face the problem and deal with it.

I think the book might be about a girl whose betrayed and joins other third children to fight the government. I would probably get along best with alia because she is very friendly. I think they might have trouble with the government because they are trying to rebel against the government. Sometimes I feel as though whats going on is unfair or not right so I want to rebel against that unjust system.

Today I found out that aerospace engineers work about 6 hours a day, they can't live where they want if working on an expirement,and pay is good.

Yes, I agree with him because if you want to be a good writer, you can't worry what other people might think of your work,because if you are worried that expressing your ideas and feelings might embarrass you, then the story might be bland and maybe even boring,. On the other hand if you are willing to risk it all your story will definitely be exciting and interesting.