Copyright (c) 2014 by Gabrielle Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gabrielle -- Blogmeister

2nd period

8th grade gifted English follows the 9th grade curriculum in the order of the 8th grade units. 8th grade gifted Extended Academics intends to stretch gifted learners as does 8th grade Extended Academics intends to enrich studies for students scoring well in mathematics on standardized tests.

by Gabrielle

teacher: Anita Roberts-Long

One day when I was five years old, I decided to go to my Paw-Paw's fishing dock with my dad. I was with him, my brother, and my sister. Before we arrived when we were in the boat, my hat flew off. That made my dad a little upset because he was telling me to take it off so it wouldn't fly away. When we finally arrived to the dock, we all walked to the covered area. In it was a couch, a T.V., a refrigerator, and a shower. I was bored as my dad and Paw-Paw were talking amongst themselves, I decided to sit at the edge of the dock and let my feet hang over. I noticed a dead fish pass by, so I lifted my feet up and leaned over the dock. I started poking the fish. Everyone was still inside talking to each other and watching T.V. My dad noticed what I was doing and told me to stop because I would fall in. I disagreed with him and told him I wouldn't. I kept poking the fish, ignoring what my dad had continuously told me. I was poking the fish for a while which made it move further from me so I had to reach far just to poke it. I guess it was too far away because I couldn't reach it. I tried my hardest, but I couldn't, and found myself in the water. The water was deep, and I was only five years old so I couldn't swim. The mud underneath my feet wasn't helping because every now and then my feet would get stuck in it. There was a big electrical box right by me, and I was really scared to go by it. A few moments later I saw my brother running toward me in the water. He picked me up out of the water and put me back on the dock. He was about thirteen years old back then. After that I had to go rinse off in the shower and get my clothes washed. My brother had to do the same. I think my dad was really upset with me for not listening to him again. For some reason, every time my parents tell me something is going to happen to me, I ignore them and it does happen. Still to this day, I'm stubborn and don't listen when they tell me something. I should start listening to my parents when they tell me to do something or not to. But kids are supposed to give their parents a hard time right? Well, that's why you shouldn't poke dead fish!

I think I relate to the part where Ji-Li tells her sister she needs to do better and try harder. I always encourage my little cousin to try her best and to never give up no matter how tough something can be. Another way I relate to this book is when Ji-Li is really nervous to start a new school. I don’t like starting new schools because I’m always afraid people would judge me or make fun of me. Ji-Li also feared that because of her family background. People would more than likely secretly judge her when she wasn’t paying attention, or wasn’t around. Ji-Li always feeling tempted by the older Red Guards. I also feel tempted by older people. They always make themselves seem tougher since they’re bigger and older. She probably felt as if the Red Guards were towering over them with power just like I feel about the older people. The way that I think I connect with this most is my family is always supporting me just like Ji-Li’s does for her. I also get mad about my family for little things just like Ji-Li did, but in the end, my family is always there for me, just like Ji-Li’s is there for her. I think those are the ways that I connect with this story most.

Ate the end of the book, Halley begins to date Macon. Macon has somehow changed Halley from being a perfect kid to a bad girl. She is now doing things she has never done before. Halley and her mom drift apart since she is always with Macon. She starts sneaking out and other things.

In the middle of the book, Halley is beginning to like Macon, Michael's best friend. She tries to spend as much time as she can with him. Scarlett is still being very quiet about he boy friend.

The beginning of "Someone Like You" is about two best friends, Scarlett and Halley. Scarlett is usually the one that helps Halley when things are hard for her. Now that Scarlett's boyfriend, Michael, died on a motor cycle crash, Halley has to be the one to help Scarlett get through everything that's going on. Halley isn't used of having to comfort Scarlett, but she is now learning how to.

At the end of Dear John, John goes back to work and notices there is a major crisis going on. He decides to reenlist for two more years so he won't let his buddies down. Savannah is proud of him. They continue writing notes to each other then stop. John comes home to see that Savannah is married to a guy named Tim who is very ill. A while later they realize they are still in love.

In the middle of Dear John, Savannah and John continue talking about their life. John gets mad at Savannah for thinking his did may have autopsy. He accidentally hits Tim in the nose. John has to go back to work in a few days and Savannah and John aren't ready for that.

Article posted April 4, 2011 at 01:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

In the beginning of Dear John, John is out surfing and notices a girl named Savanna. Her purse falls in the water and John is quick to get it. Savanna thanks him and invites him to a party at a house she is renting for break. They talk the whole night then go on a date the next day and tell each other about their life. The next day, he takes her to meet his father and his father tells her about his coin collection.

I think the book I am reading is going to be about the four girls finding out who "A" is as they get more notes.

I think I would best get along with Spencer because she always tries to be better than her sister, and I think I do that sometimes too.

I think the characters will get more notes leading them to who"A" is and who killed their friend Ali.

I can make connections to the book because at my old school because there were cliques and there would always be one person holding them together, like the girl, Ali, in the book.

Article posted February 11, 2011 at 02:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

Could you put the book Wicked up?