Copyright (c) 2014 by Sydney Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sydney -- Blogmeister

Reader's Response Journal

3rd period

8th grade gifted English follows the 9th grade curriculum in the order of the 8th grade units. 8th grade gifted Extended Academics intends to stretch gifted learners as does 8th grade Extended Academics intends to enrich studies for students scoring well in mathematics on standardized tests.

by Sydney

teacher: Anita Roberts-Long

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 12:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 89

(The theme is, “Enjoy the good times while they last!”)

In Red Scarf Girl I can relate to a couple of things. I had experienced true sadness when my cousin Laci had died. I also felt true happiness when I had found out that I had made the dance team. Ji-li had experienced a lot of different emotions for the first time throughout the entire story. She went through a lot throughout the entire story and I felt bad for her almost through the entire first half. Also she can’t do a lot of the stuff all of her friends can do because of her bad family background, and her community always looks at your family background before you can do anything.

I have been under great pressure a lot of times, especially with my school work. I know that my parents want me to do my best in school, so I always try my hardest and sometimes my hardest isn’t good enough. Like sometimes I can’t bring up a grade in one of my classes, or I forget some homework at school, or I turn in a paper late. Also since I am the oldest child I know that my expectations from my parents are a little bit higher than my sister and brothers. So even though I get put under pressure a lot, I always try my hardest.

I have experienced what it is like to lose a loved one. I lose my older cousin Laci when I was only 8 years old. I also lost my great-grandmother at 10 years old, two days after Christmas. I miss these people very much just like Ji-li will miss grandmother. I also lost my great-grandfather a couple of months before I was born. But even though I never got to meet him, I know that he is with my family and I everyday watching over us. I always hear stories about him, so I can picture what he looked like, and what funny things he did. It hurts to lose a loved one, but what everyone has to remember is that they are in a better place, and they will always be happy.

I have finished reading, "Where Are You Now", and it was a really good book! I didn't really like the ending because I thought something completely different form what happened would happen! So I was kind of dissapointed about the ending, but it was a good book all together!

So far I am loving, "Where Are You Now", is an awesome book! I am at the part where Carolyn just got the message from, who she thinks is Mack but it's really, Olsen's friend Altman! I can't wait to finish reading it and find out what happens next!

The book, "Where are You Now", is a very good book so far! I love the suspense in it! So far I am at the part when Carolyn and her mom get the Mother's Day phone calll from Mack saying that he's fine, and then Carolyn goes off on him for leaving her and her mom! I would so far reccomend this book to anyone who likes mystery books!

I have been reading the book, where are you now! It is a great book! I'm still wondering how Mack got that note to his sister, in the collection basket, at their church! So now, I can't wait til' they say how he out it in there! Also I can't wait until they actually find Mack!!

I have been reading the book, Where Are You Now, and so far it is a great book! I love the mystery and the detail that they use in this book!

I just finished the book, The Hidden Staircase, and I have to say that it was a really good book. I am now reading the book, Where Are You Now, by Mary Higgins Clark! I think that it will be a good book! ill find out in a couple of days!

Article posted March 17, 2011 at 03:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

1) Summer nights by rascal flats

4) You would have to experience the best night of your life but make sure it was during the summer. Like maybe you went to a party, or to a friends house. Just some happy memories from a special night during the summer.

5) Summer nigts, everybody, are you with me?

Let that Igloo cooler mark your peice of paradise

Summer nights, everybody's feeing happy

Holler if you're ready for some summer nights!

1. Bullying is the act of intimidating a weaker person to make them do something really bad or crule.

2. People pushing kids into the bathroom and beating them up, people being bullied over facebook, and people getting teased at school, even being bullied during class.

3. The victim can tell a teacher, a parent, or any person with authority. You also have to make sure you tell that grown-up right away.

4. If you want to stop bullying you can report it immediatly if you see it hapenning during school. Also if you see someone getting bullied and you know them, you can go up to them and stick up for them, and tell the bully to leave that person alone, take your friend and walk away.

This book is realted to the nancy drew book that i have read because they both are adventurous. The nancy drew books are however more mystery, and Harry Potter is more fantasy. I think that this book so far is really good. I can' stop reading it. I think that with the conflicts that the characters are going through i agree with their actions a lot. This book doesn't really relate to my life because it is a fantasy, but it does realate with the adventurous part of mt life.