Copyright (c) 2014 by Nicole Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Nicole -- Blogmeister

Nicole's awesome fourth grade blog

1011

by Nicole

Oh my gosh! It is the last day of fourth grade for me! I am sad, but also happy and excited. I can't wait until I can finally go to Splish Splash and the pool. Finally I don't have any homework and school. I love school, but it feels good to be free. I already miss my friends, Mr. Dugger, and Ms. Thomas.

I had to face a fear. It was to kill an ant. I am terrified of insects. Well...MOST of them. First, I captured the ant in a plastic cup. Then, I put a tissue on top of the cup. I put it there to make sure that the ant won't come out of the cup. After that, I then shook the cup. It eventually killed the ant. It died. I was thinking in my head how disgusting it was. When I showed my mom, she said," Why didn't you just squish it? Just throw it in the garbage." Then I said,"Ok." That was me facing my fear of...ants!

I have changed for the better because I got better at math,language arts, and writing. Also, I made more friends and got even better friends with some people. I would still want to improve in science and social studies. I think I got better at that, but I want to do even better. I could accomplish that by studying more.My favorite memory of fourth grade was the time when we made the crayfish video. I will always remember the music video that we made! 

Article posted May 25, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

Dear King George,

You are so greedy and not caring! We have families to take care of and you put taxes on things! How would you like it if one of us wanted you to pay taxes. You know what? I'm brave enough to put my name on the bottom of this declaration. Why don't you look for my name? Find me and kill me. Do that after you give us our freedom. British is one place and America is another. Give us our freedom!

Nicole

There are some food that the school has that is unhealthy that I would like to see eliminated because it isn't exactly healthy. One of them is the pizza. It isn't exactly healthy because of the grease. I feel that there is just too much of it. When I put my napkin on it, it leaves a stain. It is too fattening. What I would like to see for "Our Healthy Day" is burgers, apples, and vegie chips. Burgers could have vegetables in it, veggie chips have vegetables in it, and an apple is a plain fruit. An apple doesn't have any artificial flavors in it.

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 42

If I lived in colonial New York, I would've been a patriot(against British rule). I would've been a patriot because I don't think that it is fair. The colonists don't even know how much money they lost, so the colonists might be paying a greater amount than needed. I think that the king should have told the colonists how much they lost and then stopped after the price was payed.

On my spring break, I went to Mexico. My favorite thing there was snorkling. I snorkled in a cenote that was really deep. I think it was about 180 meters deep. There was fish and it leaded to the ocean. It was my favorite thing because I got to see a variety of fish and the plants that live in the cenote. If I could hae done anyhing I though of, I would've went scubadiving in Bonaire. I would've picked that because I want to be deep in the water and for a long period of time, instead of being on top of the water.

Article posted March 31, 2011 at 12:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

I think my biggest challenge as a fourth grader is science. I think that because science doesn't really fit me. My triumph this year has been making new friends. Successes I would like to have is being better at playing my viola and getting a good score on the NYSSMA test. I could do that by practicing a lot more than usual.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

I thought that it was pretty fun. It was also very interesting to watch them because you could learn from them. My favorite part was when they put on the different colored lights and played the nice music. I think the class would enjoy pop music. I chose that because many people do. Also, it's fun to listen to in my opinion.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 01:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

If I had to nominate a mascot, I would choose a Leopards. I would choose a leopard because whenever we go to any specials, we usually get there early. Also, because "Room 25 leopards" sounds kind of catchy. I would try to convince Ms.Thomas, Mr.Dugger, and the whole class by saying," You have to admitt that we are usually fast getting places."

I am an awesome fourth grade girl. In my spare time, I like to hang out with friends and go to the pool. My favorite color is blue. My favorite subject is math. I like to play my piano and my viola. I also have a brother and like to read books. Peace!