Copyright (c) 2014 by Iqrah Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Iqrah -- Blogmeister

Iqrah's Cool Fourth Grade Blog

1011

by Iqrah

Title: How Can We Have a Health-ateria? (05/16/11)
Description: Childhood obesity is a major concern for our nation. Our First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign addresses many aspects of getting us in better physical shape, and one area deal with improving the menu in our schools.

Is there anything available in our school that you would like to see eliminated because it isn’t healthy? Is there anything that would like to see available to us in our school that you don’t see now? If you could make one day of the week “Our Healthy Day”, what would the menu look like? Name 3-5 items that you think the students in our school would enjoy and would also keep us healthy.

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

I think the cafeteria shouldn't sell sugar cookies. Also I think they shouldn't sell brunch for lunch because pancakes and syrup are not healthy. I think the cafeteria should sell whole wheat snadwhiches instead of sandwhiches on white bread. A healtgy meal would be a salad, water bottle and yogurt. On the salad there would be lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and carrots.

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 02:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 84

The foods that we should eliminate in our school that aren’t healthy are funnel cakes and sugar cookies because they are not healthy for you.

I would also like to see in our school seafood because in our school they don’t have fish sticks.

If I could make one day of the week “Our Healthy Day”, the menu would look like this lettuce, carrots, tomatoes onions and cucumbers in a salad because they all have vegetables

if i could eliminate something from the cafetirea it would be pizza that we have every friday i chose this because pizza is not that healthy.if i could add something to the cafetiria it would be watermelons. i chose this because watermelons are healthy and should have watermelon or some kind or fruit every day.If i were to make a lunch menu that was healthy i would put 1% milk and salad fruits vegetables and chicken nuggets. to make students happy and healthy i would put watermelons,carrots and eggplant and a taco.

Article posted May 19, 2011 at 02:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 145

Three things we should take off the menu are chicken nuggets, popcorn chicken, and pizza. I think we should see free water bottles, instead of pay for water bottles.

Think three things that should be added to the lunch menu are steak with less fat, a salad with chicken, croutons, and honey mustard dressing, and salmon with rice. they are healthy, and I think the school will like them.

No, there is not anything available in our school that I would like to see eliminated. I would like to see clementines and cabage available at our school.I think my classmates would enjoy chicken with brocoli, fried cabage with whole bread and sushi with fresh lobster legs.

There are lots of things on the lunch menu this month. Some not so healthy. The ones I would like to see eliminated are Taco Day, Hamburger day, and a BLT Chicken sandwich. Things I would like too see is free bottled water and a bigger salad area. If there was a day called "Our Health Day",  the menu would have a fruit salad, a turkey, chicken, or veggie sandwich and no added sugar and non concentrate orange juice or any juice. 

Avneet

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 12:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 92

If I had to eliminate something, it would be pizza. I chose pizza because it's so greasy. I also think that they should take out chicken nuggets, too. It's not always healthy, even if it tastes good! If I had to add something, it would be sandwiches on WHOLE GRAIN bread, not white bread. My menu:

1) Salad (Main Meal)

2) Water (Drink, free)

3) Apple slices (Side dish)

I think the lunch menu should be more healthy.They should serve steak,grape,zuccini,shrimp,and baked chicken.I wish they served more healthier food.One day.

I think the sugar cookies and the funnel cakes should be taken away. I also think the brunch for lunch and the mac and cheese because they are both not healthy for the school. I think natural fruit juice should be added and salad that has lettuce, carrots, tomato, and a little bit of corn.

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 01:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 86

I think the pizza because the cafeteria pizza is not healthy at all, it’s too oily and we have it on every Fridays. There should be salads and whole wheat bread. There should be milk, veggie burger, and plan fruit with no sugar added! In the cafeteria there should be less sugar.  But, also a little sugar, also.  

-Iqrah

There are some food that the school has that is unhealthy that I would like to see eliminated because it isn't exactly healthy. One of them is the pizza. It isn't exactly healthy because of the grease. I feel that there is just too much of it. When I put my napkin on it, it leaves a stain. It is too fattening. What I would like to see for "Our Healthy Day" is burgers, apples, and vegie chips. Burgers could have vegetables in it, veggie chips have vegetables in it, and an apple is a plain fruit. An apple doesn't have any artificial flavors in it.

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 03:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 97

I think they should take off pizza and put water not chocolate milk. Watermelon and chicken stew should be added.

Yes there are lunches that I would like to be eliminated from our school lunch menu!! I would like to see Chicken Fingers,  Pizza, Hamburger Day, and Grilled Cheese eliminated!!! I would like to see Salad,  Fruit Bowl with apples, pears, banannas, and pinapple, Nuddle Soup on the menu that wasn't on the menu before!! If I could make a healthy day of the week it would be Salad. I think everyone would enjoy salad with a little bit of dressing=http://

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 03:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

The first thing that is unhealthy is the pizza. The pizza is too oily. This can make the kids very sick. Another thing is that the Gatorade makes the kids want to take it. Once they figure out that Gatorade is available, they start buying it. The last thing that is unhealthy is that the snacks that you get to have. There are cookies, ice cream; oh it makes our mouth water. Students change gets spent on this. They beg to have these stuff. These are whoa foods which are eaten every day.

I don’t want all the foods to be taken out, but I want them to be there with less fat. I am not saying to completely destroy sugars; or nobody will have fun eating lunch. I would like “The Healthy Day” to look like this:

• Choice of fruits (minimum two)

• Plain Milk( 2% milk)

• Vegetable sandwiches

• Baked Multi grain chips

For Snack:

Yogurt and Granola Bar

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 260

I think our school lunch menu is ok, not great, but not terrible. If I had to see something elimenated from the lunch menu it would be terriakki chicken, i'm not sure if terriakki chicken is on every lunch menu but I know it is not healthy. If I had to see something added to the lunch menu it would probraly be tofu. If I had to make a healthy lunch menu for a week it would start with brown rice.The next day it would be an omlet with our without kethup. After that it would have to be tofu. thirdly it would be some fish and chick pea. Finally it could be some tomato soup. That is the healthy menu for the week!!!

Article posted May 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 87

I would like to see pizza eliminated. I would like to see traditional foods added. Here is my menu:

1) Seaweed and beef, cucumber, and eggs.

2) Water (free)

3) Apples, peaches, pears, etc.

Article posted May 18, 2011 at 01:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 83

A lot of kids in America  have a prolem with weight .I would try to help them. If  I were a person who worked at aschool cafeteria, I would  try to limit unhealthy foods such as oily pizza & many varieties of ice cream. I would add delicious fruit cups. Each day is a differnt type of fruit.

I am a girl in the 4th grade. In my spare time, I like to hang out with my friends. My favorite colors are pink and black. My favorite subject is Writing,Reading,Science and Social Studies. I like the animals chettas and bunnys. My favorite Ice cream flavor is cookies and cream. My favorite book are Judy Blume and I love reading and books. I love my 4th grade teachers. My dream is to be a teacher and a doctor. I speak to langues that are urdu and English. I play club penguin. My favorite tv show is Wizard of Waverly Place,Jonas L.A. and Hannah Montanna Forever.