Copyright (c) 2014 by Iqrah Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Iqrah -- Blogmeister

Iqrah's Cool Fourth Grade Blog

1011

by Iqrah

Title: Hail to the King! Or maybe not... (05/09/11)
Description: After the French and Indian War, Great Britain took on a lot of debt. Paying soldiers their wages and the cost of ammunition, food, and other supplies put a big dent in the King’s royal wallet. As a result, the King placed taxes on several items that the colonists either enjoyed or relied on. These taxes were monies that were paid to the King in addition to the cost. If you lived in colonial New York, would you have been a loyalist (loyal to Great Britain) or a patriot (against British rule)? Why? Be specific in your reasoning!

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

..(      If I had to choose from a patriot or a loyalist, I would choose to be a patriot. I would fight for the people's rights. Even though it is the king who taxed us, I will be the one removes them.=http://=http://=http://=http://       

If I had to choose between a patriot or loyelist I would be a patriot. I would be a patriot because it was a kind gester for the king to protect us during the war, but things like that should be favours, and if the king wants us to pay for for him protecting us then fine but money is one of the only things that we have and we use the money for our children and you just decide to takee all our money! Well that is SELFISH!!!

If I lived in Colopnial New York I would be a patriot. A reason for this is because I don't want to die. However, I do agree with the patriots but, I rather live. Being a Patriot is a huge risk of death.

I would be a patriot because I don't like paying taxes to king Geroge. I think it's unfair to have people work hard to make money and then ask them to pay taxes on certain things. I also think its unfair that King George decides to the colonies to pay the goverment because He said we have to pay taxes that was made from paper.

Article posted May 13, 2011 at 02:12 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 82

I would be a loyalist because I don't want to die or suffer from anything. I agree with patriots, though. It's not fair to tax everything. Even playing cards is taxed! At least make the British pay some taxes! I won't ever tell my thoughts to the king, though. Or else it's, "Off with your head!" for me! Even though I sound like a patriot, I would still like to be a loyalist. Besides, being a patriot is risking your life. BIG TIME. Also, he's the King! What about "All hail the King!"? What happened to that? He's the king, anyways. Not a sales person or a driver. A KING!

Article posted May 13, 2011 at 02:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

I would be a partriot, because King George the III set taxes on daily needs. He is a selfish little monster. All he cares about is money,and he didn't cares about us, even a little. He closed all the harbors in Masschusetts, so we can't get any products. He doesn't deserve to be king.

Article posted May 13, 2011 at 01:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 84

I would be both a patriot and a loylist because the king porteced us but he thinks we have to pay taxes because he saved us,he thinks that taxes is a reward for saving us.What the people think about taxes is that they drain you out like water being sold for free.I think that he had done the right thing for helping us but I also think that savig people is for free and not expecting any rewards but the king respects money in his castle.

Loyalist or Patriot 

I would pick a Patriot because I go against because that rule is unfair. It is unfair because King George raised the taxes higher. We need the taxes for our families’, shelter, and for food. We need it more than you because you are the king and you have that all ready so, you should let us have money. Lower the taxes.        

I am the king. If I were not king I would be a patriot.

Article posted May 12, 2011 at 10:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

I would be a patrot because I don't lke taxes or the idea of a soilder kicking you out of your own house!  That"s crazy!  I  think the Boston tea party was right & wrong.   I think it was right because  They were standing up for what they belive in. I like that.  It was wrong because they were trying to blame the Mohawk indians.

If I lived in colonial New York I would be a patroit. I would be  patroit because I wouldn't want to pay taxes for things I need or for things I relied on. I wouldn't want to have to pay for sugar, tea, paper, playing cards, and many more. What if I had a family that I had to buy food, clothes, drinks, and a nice place to stay if I had to pay taxes on mostly everything. I would need money just to stay heathly. That's why I would be a patroit !!!!!!! 

I'd rather be a patriot instead of a loyalist.I don't like being taxed unfairly.I don't think it was right for the king to tax the colonists to pay the war.I think it would have been fun if I was at the Boston Tea Party.

I would be a loyalist because I don't want to get in trouble, go to jail or die. I don't want to be a patriot because it's more risky and dangerous. It could get me in lots and lots of drama and trouble. I think listening to king is safer rather than arguing with him. He could do anything with you. I mean, he's the king!

I would be a patriot because the king can tax us but, he can’t tax us on everything. We use. For example, when the king started toning use, he king’s rules was unfair and I want freedom and liberty and I don’t want to fray any taxes to the king just because the king protected us. He didn’t actually fight the war. His soldiers fought it. When the king started taxing us, we had to pay taxes on everything we do to make a life for us. He had us pay all the money when the king had enough money for himself. It wasn’t that the country of England was a very poor country. We were desperate because in the New World and in England because if we go to England, we couldn’t practice our religion and if we stay in New World we would have to pay more taxes. Before, people were thinking that they have live like this because England was the most powerful country at this time and if they protest, they will get killed easily. On the other hand, they could protest because Mahatma Gandhi and his people protested the King of England, King George the third, and got independence from him.

I would rather become a patriot than a loyaist. I would become a patriot because the mean king was greedy and put taxes on everyday needs. That is why I would become a patriot.

Article posted May 11, 2011 at 01:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 79

I would probably be a patriot. The reason is taxes are unfair, I mean they put them on things colonists need to survive! The war did put a dent in the king's wallet, but now bigger dents are going the colonists' wallets. The king puts taxes on the colonists, but not the people of Britain. The king is being super unfair.

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 90

If I lived in colonial New York, I would've been a patriot(against British rule). I would've been a patriot because I don't think that it is fair. The colonists don't even know how much money they lost, so the colonists might be paying a greater amount than needed. I think that the king should have told the colonists how much they lost and then stopped after the price was payed.

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 01:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 302

i would be a patriot because i have to work to get money and i dont think it is fair to take our money so the king or goverment can use it. i think this beacause i would rather go to another city and not pay taxes then pay taxes here in great britian

I am a girl in the 4th grade. In my spare time, I like to hang out with my friends. My favorite colors are pink and black. My favorite subject is Writing,Reading,Science and Social Studies. I like the animals chettas and bunnys. My favorite Ice cream flavor is cookies and cream. My favorite book are Judy Blume and I love reading and books. I love my 4th grade teachers. My dream is to be a teacher and a doctor. I speak to langues that are urdu and English. I play club penguin. My favorite tv show is Wizard of Waverly Place,Jonas L.A. and Hannah Montanna Forever.