Copyright (c) 2014 by Brooke Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brooke -- Blogmeister

Brooke's Blog

1011

by Brooke

Title: Smarter Energy (01/31/11)
Description: Our class is beginning a Science unit exploring electricity. As we explore this form of energy, please take a look at the world around us. By making observations about our classrooms and our homes, it is clear that electricity is a big part of our lives.

Think about the following questions:
• Do you think that we depend too much on electricity? Why or why not?
• What do you think life in your home would be like if we didn't have electricity?
• What do you think life in school would be like if we didn’t have electricity?
• If you were an inventor and were creating something new, what would you make it run on instead of electricity and why? Support your choice with juicy reasons! Think about what we learned about renewable vs. nonrenewable resources.

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

I think we don't depend on too much electricity because most electricity is for a good use. Like, we have lights so we can see. If we didn't then when ever we wanted light we would have to build a fire. And we use computers to gain our knowledge. If we didn't have electricity at home we would have trouble cooking many food. Like how would we be able to use a stove or microwave and a washer machine. At school it would be kind of tough because we use smart boards and it's very bright and big so everyone can see it. Also in the cafe they make us lunch and we would have to bring lunch everyday. If I got to make my own invention it would be a flying car. It would run on water because you can always stop at a beach, pond, your own pool, water that you drink and anything. 

Yes we depend a lot on electricity. If we didn’t have electricity I couldn’t play on my computer or watch TV. If I didn’t have electricity in my house probably I’ll be bored. I would have to do different things like read my books or play with my toys. We also need candies at night School would be like almost the same as our homes If I was an inventor I would use the sun to make electricity.

I think we depend to much on electicity, because we mostly use lights, and tv so often. We don't realize that we are wasting electicity.

I think my house would be so boing, and useless without electrcity we could live in stores. There would be nothing to do at home.

I think school would be boring, too. One reason is because we would have to learn on chalkboards instead of smartboards. I also think it would be the same if there weren't any smartboards.

If I were an inventor I'd create the PS3 that runs on sound. Even when the tv is on. You wouldn't waste electrcity. People like playing on the PS3, and they wouldn't waste enegry except sound energy.

I that we depend on energy too much because we use electricity for light when we need to to see anything in the dark like writing, reading, playing and so on. I think it would be dark and hard to get things done in the dark if I didn't have electricity in my house or at school. If I were a creator I would make things run on small fires instead of electricity.

Article posted February 1, 2011 at 02:59 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 86

I think we depend too much on electricity. I mean we have it all around us! Lamps, computers, radios also lightbulbs. Without it, we would have a completely a different life. My home wouldn't be SO bad.We would still have lighters,candles,tables and chairs.But, we would have NO fridge, I wonder where they kept food in the 1700's. School wouldn't be bad at all. We have paper,pens,chairs,desks,and books. If I was an inventor, I would make my machines run on canola oil. It's eco-friendly and it's safe.

- Avneet

Article posted February 4, 2011 at 01:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 80

I think we depend too much on electricity. I mean, some people leave lights and lamps on for a long time. That's wasting electricity! If we didn't have electricity, then life at home would be hard. If you had to do your blog, then you couldn't do it. Why? NO ELECTRICITY! If you wanted to eat, you wouldn't be able to. Why? NO ELECTRICITY! See? Electricity is very important to our lifes. But if you didn't have it, then life would be a PAIN! At school, we won't have smartboards! We would have to write in the dark, or light up candles! We are very lucky to have electricity. So we should be proud of it! I wish that I could make everything run on toys. I chose toys because if you just had a little bit of yarn and a needle, then you could make a toy! The toys I want it to run on doesn't have to be good toys. It can be a ripped up toy that you don't want. Electricity rules!

Article posted February 4, 2011 at 02:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

Yes beccuse we need energy to see light.If my life at home would be without energy, at night it would be dark.If life in school with no energy there would be no light in the bathrooms.I would not like it because all inventions have energy.

I think we depend to much on electricity because we don't need t.v.s and phones we just want them. If we didn't have electricity it would still be really hard because were used to having all of the electricity.If we didn't have electricity In school it would be a lot harder because we are lucky enough to have smart boards and other things like that but if we didn't we wouldn't learn and have as much fun as we do know. If i had to make a new kind of car I would make it run on water because we never run out of it.

Article posted February 1, 2011 at 01:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 71

We depend on electricity because we can use our brains and so

we do not use  calculator  which is electricity.I think it would

be dark or be would be walking and the only way we will get

light is if we made fire it would be hard for us to cook food. it

would be hard for us to do our work and we would not know

important  words any teacher says. Solar panels because it

will save the earth and  we will not be using electricity the sun will be

putting the light for us . 

I think we depend to much on electricity everything we do depends on electricity. I think life would be dark. Without electricity in school we couldn’t learn. If I to invent my own invention it would run on tomatoes because you can re grow them.

I don't think we depend on Electricity, we need it.

I think that if we didn't have any electricity it would be very dark.

I would invent a way to use water as energy. It would use the rain water to charge up cars. Take a hose and let the water go through the hose into the car.

Article posted February 2, 2011 at 02:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

I think we depend too much on electricity. For example, now people don't read as much as they used to. If I didn't have electricity in my house, I can't play  on my computer or text on my phone. More importantly, there would be no lamp or anything to lighten up the place at lunchtime. If there was no electricity at school, there would be no smartboards to write on. We would have to write on a whiteboard or blackboard. If I was an inventor, I would've made a machine that ran on carrots. It would run on carrots because it is a renewable resourse and it is not that much money

Article posted February 2, 2011 at 02:25 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 99

I think we depend on electricity heavily because we need light to study or read our books. We rely on the computer to communicate and research. If we didn't have electricity we would be holding a candle to read. There will be no music video of Mr. Dugger to enjoy, no smart board, no computers, and not enough light to study. Will be still living in Stone age.

If I were an inventor, I would invent Rushicity which will not require any wires to get power.

The Rushicity will be generated by mighty Sun which will not cost a dime to you. So, what are you waiting for? Get connected!

I think we depend too much on electricity with no electricity there would be no light, tv, cumputers, phones, games, cameras, cars and stoves if I was a inventor I would inent a car that runs on air

Article posted February 10, 2011 at 12:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 68

I think we do because we watch TV, we play on the computer, we cook, we do the dishes, and more!  I think it would be hard but after a while we would get used to it.  I think life in school would be more challenging because we wouldn't have a  smart board or a computer.  I'd make a factory run on  brussels sprouts because a lot of people don't like them so it would be a good use for them.

I think we do depend on electricity because we use it everyday. I think my life without electricity would be horrible because if we didn't have it we couldn't do a lot of things like cooking,watching t.v,and a lot more!!! I also think school without electricity would be nothing but learning everything we already know! If I was a inventor I would make computers that run on water because water is a renewable resource that we can us over and over !!!!!!! 

I think that energy is great. But I also think that we are very dependent on it. For example, I am depending on my computer to do my blog assignment. I also think that life won't be fun without electricity. This means that without electricity,we won't know if snow is going to fall! But in school it might be okay because you can learn with paper and with the teacher. I would make it electric but I would also make it not making pollution.

Electricity is a great thing but knowdays I think that maybe we depend a little to much on electricity because there is all these new games like the wii and the psp and people watch a bunch of tv, not that you should never watch tv beacause tv keeps you entertained and an hour or so is pretty good but if you spend all day out doing things you think you can just come home and watch tv and everything will be ok when you are just wasting electricity and killing brain cells.

If there was no electricity in your house I think life would be very hard because you need light and without electricity there is no light. Also you need electricity for cooking for example if you want to make tea or cupcakes or pie or chicken nuggets or corn and much more, you need electricity.

If school had no electricity it would be very hard for example teachers need to print out things and they can't do that without electricity also there would be no light.

If I had to make my own car it would run on soda beacause instead of caring a bunch of oil you could just cary a pack of soda and soda is better for the eart compared to car oil.

I think we depend too much on electicity because everyone needs it to do work and dicover more things you never knew.I think what our would be like without electicity would be fire, bourd games,garage refrigarater and layers of blankets for the winter time.I think life in school with out electricity would be chalk bourds and sunlight from the sun.If I create somethig new and make it without electricity it would be solar powered and it would teach and make anything anyone wants it to make and catch robers by hitting it with a pan and throw a net on the robber and callthe police so the police can capture the robber and the best thing about it is that it finds your stuff and hide youfrom trouble.

I am a girl in 4th grade. In my spare time I like to go out and play with friends and family. I have a mom, dad and a brother named Dillon. I like to play with him. We both enjoy playing the Wii together. My favorite color is blue. I love math and science. My favorite food is BBQ ribs. I play 2 intruments. The piano and violin. I can speak 2 languages. Chinese and English. I love dogs. Especially the yorkys. My best friend is Grace. We like to play together. I have the coolest teachers in my school. They are going to teach me lots of 4th grade stuff. I am so exicited to learn about crayfish with my class! This halloween, I am going to be a blue witch. I hope my basket will be filled with candy! I am also going pumpkin picking. I am deciding to make my pumpkin turn into a scary jack-o-lantern. I just started Club Penguin! I love it!