Copyright (c) 2014 by Chris Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Chris -- Blogmeister

Chris's beast blog

1011

by Chris

Title: Finally Facing Your Fears (06/14/11)
Description: This is the final blog assignment of the school year!

In “Toliver’s Secret”, Ellen’s grandfather said “We get over fear by doing things we think we cannot do. These are trying times, Ellen. Many people are doing things they thought they never could do.”

Write about a time that you have taken grandfather’s advice and faced a fear. Use details, time-order words, dialogue and follow the rules of grammar to tell the story.

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

A big fear that I have is heights. I am very afraid of heights. One day, my dad took me to the city to go in the Empire State Building!!!!!!! I was really scared and I couldn't say no since my dad had already bought tickets!!!! So, i did it. But, at the top we were so high that you could see my dad's car and we took a cab to the Empire State Buildin because there was no parking spots. My dad held my hand the whole time!!!! Another example is when I went on a GIANT ferris wheel with my friends. I was terrified!!!!!!! We got on and they told me to close my eyes. Then all of a sudden we stop I SCREAMED so loud since we were stuck at the top!!!!!!!!!!!!! I opened my eyes and my friend Courtney was SHAKING it!!! I screamed at her SO loud!! Then I realize that Arianna is afraid too!!!!!!!!! SO, we held hands!!!!!!! However later I wanted to go on again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(weird)

i am afraid of haunted houses because there are vampires at night 'black' and there are ghosts and monsters at the day time

my grandfather topld me to swim b ut i was scared.then i tryed and tryed then i finnaly did it i swam in the pool.

Article posted June 21, 2011 at 02:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 110

One time I faced a fear was my first time going on the Zipper at the herricks carnival. I was so scared, but I went on with my brother. It seemed less scary when I closed my eyes. After that I felt fearless at the carnival.

I faced a fear once. It was a hot summer day. First, my mom told me" Let's get a drink. Why don't you go try order it yourself?" Then, I wailed" But mommmmm!" Next, she said" You could do it!" Then, I said" NO WAY!" Mom said" Yes" We went back and forth. It almost took forever! Then, I finally gave in. I went in the store and said to the guy at the counter," One Ice Tea and one cup of cold water." That wasn't so bad, I thought. Finally I got my order and ran back to the car to show my mom. " I told you so", mom said. " I know", I said with a grin.

Article posted June 15, 2011 at 01:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

My fear is kind of emberrasing! But, I'm sure lots of people are scared of them! I was in a family friend's house and they had a dog... Its was really cute, but I was terrified! It would always come towards me when I ran away, but they said the dog thinks I'm  playing a game. My Dad got angry at me for being scared, and he said "I had a dog when I was young! You've got to show the dog who's boss!" I then started to pet it with one hand, then dog had an ADORABLE face so I now like them but I'm still a little scared!

Article posted June 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 132

If I took grandfather's advice I have to faces my fear of being alone.I did it once but I can't survive so Renee has to baby sit me.I'm a bit old enough to take care of myself.I hope I can survive.

one time me and my mom whent to avencherland and

i whent on tow crazy rides ,one was the pirat ship one i felt like i was going to die i was in fear , and the other one was the rolller coster ride i feelt like i was going to fly out of the seat .

whent on two crazy rides one was the prirate ship ride it feelt like i was going to killl my self. and the othre one was when i whent on this rolller coaster and we werer going so fast!

I had to face a fear. It was to kill an ant. I am terrified of insects. Well...MOST of them. First, I captured the ant in a plastic cup. Then, I put a tissue on top of the cup. I put it there to make sure that the ant won't come out of the cup. After that, I then shook the cup. It eventually killed the ant. It died. I was thinking in my head how disgusting it was. When I showed my mom, she said," Why didn't you just squish it? Just throw it in the garbage." Then I said,"Ok." That was me facing my fear of...ants!

I faced fear alot of times. One fear I faced is going on a rollarcoaster. It was a really scary moment. My stomach tickled alot. Once I got on  I overcomed my fear.

I used to be afraid of jumping off the high diving board! Everytime I went to jump in the pool on the diving board I went on the little one. I kept saying "I'm not going to go on the high diving board EVER!!!" But one day I kept saying I'm going to go on it and when I went on it and climbed all the way to the top I couldn't go back down so I jumped!!! When I was in the air I held my nose and breathed hevaily through the mouth. I felt like I was going to drown, but then I fell in!!! "WOW!!!! That was so much fun!! I can't believe I was scared of this before!!" I said to myself. That was the time I faced a fear!!!

I had taken grandfathers advice when I was on a scary roller-coaster ride I didn’t want to go but I did go. I took a deep breath and I was proud after it was done. Another time was when I was left alone in my house. I was scared of something weird. Then I got over with it. Now when I am left alone, I have no worries.

Article posted June 17, 2011 at 01:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

I have faced many fears in my life but my number one fear would be when I first had to ride my bike. My mom kept on saying "Want me to let go know" and I kept on saying "NO"! Then without surprise my mom let go and I rode a whole block while my mom was trying to keep up. I knew that I would fall eventually and I did! But I got back on and rode even longer all of the little kids were wathing me and I felt so special!!!

My fear was to go on a scary ride and I faced my fear but tears came out my eyes and the same thing happened on another ride exept I wanted ride until I figured it was not what I expected and I was 6 and in Disney world but now they are back sending us deals to come and that is starting to bother me

I'm a cool athletic smart boy. I like to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. My favorite color is red and I like to eat cheese burgers. My favorite subject is math.