Copyright (c) 2014 by Justin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Justin -- Blogmeister

justin's blog

1011

by Justin

Title: Sign Here, Please! (05/23/11)
Description: The Declaration of Independence was one of our dearest and most famous documents in the history of our country. In it, the members of the Continental Congress declared the colonies free from Great Britain and stated many of the reasons that caused this separation.

Imagine that YOU are sitting alongside Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and the other members of the Congress, but YOU are the one that has been chosen to write it. Thinking about our activity with the jelly beans, what we have read and movies that we have watched, write your own Declaration to the king. Tell him what YOU want and the events that have happened or things that he has done that has caused you to feel this way. Try to be historically accurate, but you may add your own feelings and emotions.

Do you think that you would have been brave (or foolish!) enough to sign your full real name to the Declaration knowing that it would go to King George? Why or why not?

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 254

Dear King George,

You are not fair=http://! People shouldn't be calling you king=http://! You are very selfish=http:// We want indepedance=http://=http://!!!! People are dying because of you! Are you proud of that because you keep doing it?

From,

Carly George Washington, Robert Livingston, John Hancock, Benjamin Franklin.

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

Dear King George

You are one of the most selfish kings in the world. You have taxed the people on almost everything we work hard to make our money and we want independence now. All you care about is your money and not your people and we want freedom.

if i were writing the declaration of independandance i would of wrote dear king. you cannot tax things. or we will not buy them. we will melt your statue and make bullets. and we will not be ruled by someone who is across the ocean.

i think it was foolish to wright this because you will just have the british army kill us.

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 02:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

Dear King George the third,

you are a selfish little meanie. You put taxes on daily things like tea. You closed the ports in Massachusett. What I want to happen in the colonies is to have independence. I don't want a king ruling us. I don't want taxes on anything. You're a bad king, and I can't stand it.

Article posted May 24, 2011 at 12:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

Dear King George,

You are the most selfish king I've ever met! You put taxes on everything we buy. Well of course you protected us but still, it is not fair. You care more for money than your people. You care so much for your money that I am pretty sure that you count your money before you go anywhere, just to make sure if a coin is missing. We need independence! We don't need you taxing us or your troops in our houses.

Dear King George,

We the people, want to be our own. Several of us have been dying and losing our jobs because of the nonsense that's called taxes! You sent out troops to stay in our homes when there is war. Is this how you want your people to live? Give us liberty, or give us death. We the people, want our freedom to be 2 seperate lands. You king, have been putting on unfair acts. Closing our bays, making us pay more for tea. We the people declare our freedom!

Avneet      John Hancock    Ben Franklin George Ross Robert Livingston George Washington

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 02:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 111

Dear King George,

I don't believe that we're getting taxed on everything! Yeah, you might think it's fair because you protected us, and that we owe you, but taxes are TOO FAR! You'll see! Soon, we'll die and then you'll laugh. But if we die, nobody is going to pay taxes! We don't all just want independence, we need it! I am brave enough to put my name because you know what? All you think about it money, money, money! I can't believe you, King George!

Signed,

Elaine

We want our freedom back. We want back our outdoor recess,also school to end at 3:00pm,and lesshomework.Give us our freedom or else we'll start a riot.

I would be brave to sign it because I'm brave at everything.

Article posted May 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

Dear King George,

You are the most selfish man I have ever met. You expect us to enjoy our lives, well you are wrong we hate our lives because we tax pretty much ever thing we own. If you are that mean watch us die from not eating and laugh. We want independence=http://

from,

Eli Lieberman

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 01:44 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 135

Dear King George,                                                                                                                                                                   July 4, 1776

I’m so angry, that you higher the taxes! We have children to think about and we have lives to think about, too! So, now we have no money and we are going to die because of you.  We want you to go and give us one and every piece of the money that you took from me and the people or, we will plan something on you so, you better watch out! We Declare War!   

Sincerely,

Iqrah, John Hancock, Ben Franklin, George Ross, Robert Livingston, and George Washington

color:black"> 

P.S. WE DECLARE WAR=http://=http://!

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

dear king you are putting taxes on us and we dont like it any more, so we will not stop the argoing untill you don,t make us have to pay taxes any more. treat us nicely and we will treat you nicely also

Article posted May 25, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

Dear King George,

You are so greedy and not caring! We have families to take care of and you put taxes on things! How would you like it if one of us wanted you to pay taxes. You know what? I'm brave enough to put my name on the bottom of this declaration. Why don't you look for my name? Find me and kill me. Do that after you give us our freedom. British is one place and America is another. Give us our freedom!

Nicole

Dear King George,

Why do you make us pay so much taxes?  You even started the Quatering Act which allowed your troops to come into our houses without our permission and make us feed them.  Mr. King you closed the Boston port and didn't let any ships to go out. Give us liberty or death!

From

Rushi

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 01:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 113

Dear king,

Lay off taxes or we will not buy stuff and we will die. Then who will you tax, yourself? NO.

My Declaration:

Dear King Gorge,

We do NOT like the way you are treating us!!! Rasing the tax prices and not letting us explaining ourselfs is not what a good king would do!!! You are not a good king to us. Many people like us in the colonies agree with us!!!! They want independence!!! We will risk our lives to get our independent we want!! We do not like you King GorgeGive Me Freedom or Give Me Death!!!!

.                                                                                          Dalia

I would have been brave enough to sign my name because if I were in the colonial times I would want independence. I would rather fight all by myself and die than let the king still have power over us=http://=http://=http://!

Article posted May 24, 2011 at 01:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 77

Dear King Goerge                   

I understand if you would want to make us pay but SO MUCH you make us pay, I mean we have lives to think about!!! We have children to think about!!! We are running out of food and soon we will die!!! SOON EVERYONE WILL DIE!!! You will have no one to tax!!! I'm sure then you will be unhappy and will regret everything you did to us and then you will feel the PAIN!!! All this time you have been comanding us, but now we will comand you!!! We comand you to undo allllllllllll of your laws you may keep only one or two. Next, take away taxes or adleast lower them, and that is all!!! 

Harnoor

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 03:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

we want freedom from justice to liberty we saken to be free from living of your rules but to tell you the truth how about making a deal of puting taxes on a few things and lower the taxation and I'm sure everyone will enjoy every thing. Pay attention to what the people want people want and make a deal with the people and see if they agree with it and I'm sure that you'll mack a fortun out of it. I have question for you, once you are rich what are you going to do with the money or what will you do next but I'm sure you'll think about that one so see ya later.

sighed,

Jacqueline

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 01:49 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

Dear King George: 

We the colonist sending you this letter to let you know that you are follish enough to tax us for things that we use daily. We have families too, you know. You are the one sitting on your throne and counting that big fat bag of money you  don't deserve. You are the one causing our sufferrings by taxing us. We want you to get rid of these taxes. Sincerely-

Surah, John Hancock, Benjamin Franklin, and George Ross.

i am a boy in my spare time i like to play video games my favorite color is blue my favorite subjrct is science and i am goodwith dogs