Copyright (c) 2015 by Justin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Justin -- Blogmeister

justin's blog

1011

by Justin

Title: Sign Here, Please! (05/23/11)
Description: The Declaration of Independence was one of our dearest and most famous documents in the history of our country. In it, the members of the Continental Congress declared the colonies free from Great Britain and stated many of the reasons that caused this separation.

Imagine that YOU are sitting alongside Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and the other members of the Congress, but YOU are the one that has been chosen to write it. Thinking about our activity with the jelly beans, what we have read and movies that we have watched, write your own Declaration to the king. Tell him what YOU want and the events that have happened or things that he has done that has caused you to feel this way. Try to be historically accurate, but you may add your own feelings and emotions.

Do you think that you would have been brave (or foolish!) enough to sign your full real name to the Declaration knowing that it would go to King George? Why or why not?

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

i am a boy in my spare time i like to play video games my favorite color is blue my favorite subjrct is science and i am goodwith dogs