Copyright (c) 2014 by Justin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Justin -- Blogmeister

justin's blog

1011

by Justin

Title: What's Our Mascot? (02/28/11)
Description: In the book Report to the Principal’s Office, by Jerry Spinelli, Principal Brimlow asks the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades to come up with nominees for a school mascot. A mascot is defined as a person, animal, or object thought to bring luck or used to represent a group with a common public identity, such as a school or sports team.

If Ms. Thomas and I asked you to come up with a mascot for our class, who or what would you nominate? Keep in mind that it should represent who we are as a class and not representing just a few students. Use your imagination! Why did you choose this? How would you try to convince Ms. Thomas, myself, and the rest of the class to agree with you and vote for your suggestion?

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

If I had to choose a mascot for Searingtown School it would be a monkey. I would choose a monkey because they have a lot of energy. Also because they could be very cute. I would name the mascot Jumping Monkey. I love monkeys but I don't tink any school would have a monkey as a mascot.

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

If we had a mascot for our classroom I would choose a tiger and I would name it Catskills

I choose this because tigers are strong, smart and brave and they know how to have some fun

I would try to convince my class to pick my mascot Catskills by making a music video showing all the fun things he can do.

If i had to choose school maskot it would be humfrey the hamster because he died and he wan't honord very good

Article posted March 1, 2011 at 12:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

I would nominate a robbin, because we are all smart, and kind. I also chose this, because animals like lions, tigers, bears, and bulls are so common. Robbins aren't very ordinary. I would convince you, Ms.Thomas, and the rest of the class to choose the robbin by telling you to act like Salem. She doesn't like ordinary things such as the last name Jones.

I would name our mascot The Armidilos. I chose this name because it's a cool name and cute animal. I would try convincing Ms. Thomas, Mr.D and the rest of the class by showing what the armidilo does. I would also use very persuassive words to convince them.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

My choice is... dun dun da daaaa! Crayfish! I chose the this because we all loved learning about crayfish and we even did a music video for crayfish. The way I would get the class and teachers to vote I would say " Come on! We loved crayfish! We did a music video too! Please!!!!"

-Avneet 

I think that the mascot for Searingtown school should be a dog because i like dogs and think it would look cute in the dog outfit.I think the name for the dog should be smart sammy.

Article posted March 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

If I had to make a mascot for out class, it would be Crusty the Crayfish. I picked Crusty because it symbols our music video and our lesson on crayfish. I think that my classmates will like Crusty because he's cool and every day when we do the pledge, we see him!

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 02:44 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

I think a bulldog should be a mascot.They're strong,fast,and hard workers.It should have the number 25.This is why I picked this mascot.

If I were to elect a mascot for my school I would pick the jerseys. If I were to convince my teachers to do this name I would say this,"I like that name because usually all teams have jerseys so it would be perfect for all of the teams and it is a unusual name.

I would pick  a Mouse because  in the book Report to the Principal's Office there mascot was a

mouse and the mouse is a good idea because it is a different animal for a school mascot.

- Iqrah

If I had to choose it would be an animal. I choose this because lots of people in the class like animals. That is how I would convince the class.

I would pick a scientist as our mascot because we are learing about light bulbs .and outher experiments .

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 01:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

If I had to nominate a mascot, I would choose a Leopards. I would choose a leopard because whenever we go to any specials, we usually get there early. Also, because "Room 25 leopards" sounds kind of catchy. I would try to convince Ms.Thomas, Mr.Dugger, and the whole class by saying," You have to admitt that we are usually fast getting places."

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 12:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 103

The mascot I chose was the SEARINGTOWN. I will give you a hint. It is an animal. It's the SEARINGTOWN TIGERS.

If I had to choose a mascot it would be a seal. They are cute and soft.

I think we should do the ROOM 25 ALIEN's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I chose this name because I like to be original and I don't think anyone else will  blog about ALIEN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                        

I would nominate the Class Monkeys!!!! chose this because Mr.D and Ms.Thomas are always telling jokes and everybody laughs at it. I also chose it because everybody now wants to make silly jokes and are always trying to make Mr.D and Ms.Thomas laugh. I would try to convince Mr.D, Ms.Thomas, and the rest of the class to agree with me and vote for my suggestion by saying "don't you agree and don't you always laugh at there jokes and try to make our teachers laugh?" That's what I think our class should be the Class Monkeys!!!!

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 02:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 82

My Mascot for this class would be with electricity, the unit we are studying in science. Out of this subject, I would pick an object which is a light bulb. I chose this is because a bulb lights up your brain as you come to our classroom. I would convince Ms. Thomas and Mr. Dugger by saying that it is about everybody and it says how fun our classroom is. It also means that we are smart to know about batteries and wires.

If I had to choose a mascot for the class it would be, dogs I choose this becuse I think that dogs are very fast and tht room 25 is very fast.

I'd get my techers to vote on this by saying.

"A dog seems like a funny animal and belive me room 25 is funny also a dog just seems like the perfect mascot a dog is just a good animal to cheer everyone up and get the crowd going for their team".

Oh and that's the speech I would give to room 25 too!

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 02:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

what I think as a mascot would be the penguin asnd also any animal but what I think could be extinced animals but I know a penguin is the one becuase their cute,happy and they all remind people to have fun.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 01:57 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 95

I think our class's mascot should be  a koala because koalas are cool, cute and cuddly animals. They are endangered species.   We should know more about koalas & protect them. ~surah                                                                                   ~

i am a boy in my spare time i like to play video games my favorite color is blue my favorite subjrct is science and i am goodwith dogs