Copyright (c) 2014 by Irene Y Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Irene Y -- Blogmeister

-

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Irene Y teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 12:01 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 93

a FRESH new school year means a FRESH new beginning  !

As a former student of Mr. Ullrich, I want to say that he's an AWESOME teacher !

I want to also thank Mr. Ullrich because what he taught me helped me A LOT in high school. 

Good Luck to Everyone in the New School Year !

*** I know it's already October, but it's never too late :p

Article posted March 31, 2011 at 08:03 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 36

Yes, these are the videos I watch in my free time.

Article posted February 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 132

Air masses are labeled based on two things; if the air is dry or moist and the temperature of the air. If the air mass is formed over land then it is dry and called Continental. If the air mass is formed over water then it is moist and called Maritime. 

Article posted February 14, 2011 at 10:26 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

We can all make a difference :)

If we can do these 3 simple things to help the Earth, why not start now?

Reduce, Reuse, and RECYCLE! 

Article posted February 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

Hydroelectric Energy is energy produced by water. The energy is produced by a hydroelectric plant, which has a generator. The generator is located in a powerhouse that is connected to power lines that give energy to houses, buildings, etc. Hydroelectric Plants do not hurt the environment.

According to the video, the United States is the fourth country with the most hydroelectric capacity in 2008. The United States will save $22 billion in oil burning if we change to hydroelectric energy.

Article posted January 9, 2011 at 08:18 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 42

My brother said something really weird on Saturday morning. He regretted it afterwards but, he said he wanted to go to school and didn't want to stay home. I thought it was weird because on Friday he was so glad school was over! 

I promise I didn't knock him over the head to make him say that but, he said it. My parents were surprised to because they don't like waking up for 10 min. and driving for 5 min. to school and coming back. 

Article posted December 31, 2010 at 05:05 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Don't get me started on how Astronomy was for me ! 

Astronomy was a pretty hard topic for me. 

My favorite topic in Astronomy was when we learned about the galaxies. I started to have a lot of questions about the universe and how it could be part of something else. I used to think that Earth was the biggest but, I was wrong. 

I was stuck on the seasons but, I understood it after some of my friends explained it to me. I wanted to learn more about the stars. It was an interesting topic.

<--- Remember that stars don't really look like this ! 

Article posted December 31, 2010 at 04:51 PM GMT-5 • comment (6) • Reads 45

Can you believe that 2010 is already over? If you don't believe it, you have to anyway 

2010 went by pretty quick for me ! 

During the holiday break, I didn't really do anything. My cousin from France came over to visit for 6 days and we explored New York with him. I am not much of a New Yorker until this break because I have never went to any part of Manhattan except for Chinatown. 

Visit m&m's world, it's awesome !

Article posted December 8, 2010 at 08:05 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 46

Our class was learning about The Big Bang Theory the other day. I wanted to know more and I found this video:

The history channel is GREAT !

I watched it more than 2 times to understand what was really happening in the video.

Hope I'm not the only one that watched it again !

Article posted November 20, 2010 at 07:38 PM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 43

Stars can give birth to other stars?

Do the death of other stars mark the birth of another?

Check it out: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101119201429.htm

1) What was the star birth sparked by?

2) What did these young stars bring to old galaxies?

3) What were long strands of dust composed of?

Hello. I'm Irene. I like ice cream & cookies :) Locations of visitors to this page