Copyright (c) 2014 by Sahil R Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sahil R -- Blogmeister

Science Joke of the Week!!!

Period2/3 2010

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Sahil R

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

For the past few years, the biggest talk for all astronomers was if there are other planets or other types of people (aliens)? Well, now we are gaining more information on other planets that may have life on them. For humans to survive, there must be water and oxygen on the planet, but we may not know if there are aliens actually living on that planet which don’t need either water or oxygen to survive. One planet that was found was part of the Goldilocks planets and it was said to be approximately 20 light years away! Scientist say that it could have liquid water on its surface but the problem is that the sun only hits one half of the planet. This means the other half will be dark forever. If humans ever do reach that planet then they will have to adapt to the surrounding environment! To me this is a great lead in science because now we know Earth is not one of its kind and other planets could help us humans survive. According to other information, the Goldilocks planet, Gliese, also has a similar rotation sequence to ours. It is tidally locked to it’s sun, so it rotates once a year (37 earth days). In my opinion, we will certainly find more on this planet, and who knows it could be the most similar to earth scientist have ever seen and maybe… there are aliens there!

If you would like to read more on this go to:

Article posted October 21, 2010 at 06:38 PM • comment (1) • Reads 60 • see all articles

Top ways to get thrown out of chemistry lab 3. Mutter repeatedly, "Not again... not again... not again." 2. When it's very quiet, suddenly cry out, "My eyes!" 1. Deny the existence of chemicals.