Copyright (c) 2014 by Caitlin M Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Caitlin M -- Blogmeister

Period2/3 2010

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Caitlin M

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Volleyball

This year, I tried out for the 8th grade volleyball team, and I made it! Last year in volleyball we only really focused on winning by just hitting the ball over the net. It was more like we were playing tennis and not volleyball. This year, we have a new coach and she is the highschool varsity's coach so she is tougher and expects more out of us. We have to play volleyball the "right" way, which is the hit the ball to the setter, the setter sets it to the outside hitter or middle and then they spike it. Playing volleyball the "right" way is a lot harder than just hitting it over the net, and so this year, we haven't won any games yet. Last year, we only lost two games out of eleven. This year, we have already lost three games. It's not that we are bad, it's just that it is harder to bump, set, spike than it is to just hit the ball over the net (which is what the other teams are doing). We are working really hard and I know that everyone on the team is frustrated with themselves and the team for losing. Hopefully we will start to get better at bumping, setting and then spiking, and then we will win some games.

Article posted October 11, 2010 at 08:40 PM • comment (4) • Reads 34 • see all articles