Copyright (c) 2014 by Danielle S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Danielle S -- Blogmeister

Science according to Danielle (: -

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Danielle S teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Hey there(=

OK, so, we FINALLY finished our what seemed interminable (Sorry, Mr.Ullrich, I loved it, but it's incredibly long) Astronomy unit. Now, we are moving into a new area: Earth's Energy Budget ('cause, yes, I memorize the areas [no, I just have my Refrence Table]) which includes Topic 5, Energy.

In a span of two days, we learned about the EM (ElectroMagentic) Spectrum and how different objects contain different elements which contain different spectra lines (woah, that's a mouthful) and how energy is transferred. It is transferred in three ways: radiation, conduction and convection.

Radiation: when energy emits into space. it is able to emit into empty space (that's why the soup in your thermos isn't hot after 3 hours)

Conduction: when energy is passed from one object to another. this is usually for solids and works best for metals.

Convection: when energy is passed out of fluids (not just liquids, but gases, too). this is done by the fluids moving through circulatory systems called currents.

And that's my science free write!

-Daniee(:

Article posted January 5, 2011 at 04:36 PM • comment (6) • Reads 75 • see all articles

I am an 8th grader and am currently in Earth Science. It is awesome and look forward to all of the rest of the unit =D Locations of visitors to this page