Copyright (c) 2014 by ML Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ML -- Blogmeister

Black Panther-

by ML teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 01:59 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 481

There is one person that I can always count on. She can also count on me. She is caring, amazing, wonderful, a bit scary- well really scary, but most of all, loving. She is my mom.

She always smothers me with love. When I come home from school or from anywhere, she gives me the biggest hug and kiss ever. She always asks me if I am fine and even if I say yes she hugs me.

My mom would do anything for me. She has carried me for over two hours when I was tiered. My mom stayed up with me at night because I was cold!

Mom, will do anything for my education. She cares about my education more than I do!! She always makes me study every day (Yes it is annoying but she cares)

My mom is loving because she smothers me with love, she would do anything for me, and she will do absolutely anything for my education. I have a loving mom and she has a loving daughter!!

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 01:58 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 364

Many children are failing English. And one of the reasons is: They have to write a “how to…” text. Well they were getting fs. They were grounded. And it was not fair. So I wrote this text to show all the kids how to write a “how to…” text.

First thing you need to build a web. You pick a topic that you know how to do, write, make etc. Then you write down (not in sentences but as bullet points) 3 to 4 steps on how to do your topic. But do not put any not relevant topics. But do not put any not relevant topics.

Then you need to write it all up, with an introduction 3 paragraphs for the body and a cunclution.The intro should be 5 sentences and 4 sentences for all the paragraphs that are in the body, and for the conclusion, 3 sentences. Try not to tell lots about hoe your topic is done. Just introduce your topic.

Lastly, when you’re done writing your text you edit. Check if the body has all the information that’s it needs and not more than it needs. Also check for punctuation. And then make sure that everything fits together as a text.

And that is how you write a “how to...” text. Be ready to get A’s and have your freedom. And get rewarded for doing your best!!

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 01:56 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 311

.

Every year we get to go on a field trip. And sometimes they are boring. But not this year! We had fun in Ramlieh.That’s why I want to go back.

In Ramlieh we got to spend the night with our friends. We each had a roommate. And some people where 4 in a room! We even played together at night. (Trying not to get caught.)

We also played in the snow! We had a ‘’snowball war’’ and we made a competition of “who has the best the best snowman. “We also tried to slide in the snow and we had races. When we tried to sit we would sink into the snow.

But the most fun was the rope course. Many students were afraid of having to try to balance on the ropes (while hanging) that are 15 meters above the ground. But fortunately I was not one of them. When we were up you could fell the slight breeze on your face and look at the view of the mountains.

Ramlieh was fun. We got to spend the night with friends, play in the snow, and try the rope course. That’s why I want to go back.

This is the product of a mini-lesson on how to write a solid expository text in less than an hour. Students were given the topic (Ramlieh Field Trip) and state their opinion about this topic. That would be the introduction. They then needed to come up with three facts that supported their opinion, these would be the 3 paragraphs in the body, and finally they would restate their opinion, followed by the 3 facts, and that would function as the conclusion.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 09:31 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 102

From February 6, 2012

Cells are the basic unit of all living things.All living things are made up of 1 or more cells.You are made up of trilloins of cells!Cells contain structures that preform specific jobs called organelles.There are two tipes of cells, animal cells and plant cells they contain different organelles and here are a few.

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 09:41 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 114

So much depends 

Upon

A space between

The

Oven and the

great

big white wall

This poem is based on the red wheelbarrow by william carlos Williams who is known for writing small everyday moments in a poem

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 09:39 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 100

so much depends

Upon

The empty hallway

Filled

with the dark

deep

dullness of the

night

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 03:05 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 138

The itsy bitsy spider

Climbed up
water pipe

Down came the
water

And
swept him of his feet

Out came the plummer

And
got the water out

And the itsy bitsy spider
climbed up the water pipe

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 10:57 AM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 131

An Assisted Personal Narrative written by Meera © Oct 20011

I

Used to stick the baby bottle in my mouth while watching my favorite TV show, Telitubies-, my brothers-both of them- my mom, and I now and then visit my grandma. My eldest brother Amin is a smart control freak, but he is a klutz (like the biggest klutz ever.) My other brother who is also older than me is kind of bright. He used to be very caring and protective of me and he used to love me so much. But that was the past maybe because I’m growing up, my mom; well she is the most caring mom you can ever get. My grandma is the sweetest grandma in the world, she has short brown hair and big, loving and caring blue eyes, she has a special perfume that she always wears, and she always smells like it, so does her house, And trust me if you smell it you feel like you’re in heaven. Speaking of her house it is really nice and is kind of big. She has a garden and THAT GARDEN IS HUGE=http:// Her garden is full of beautiful flowers and frogs (that’s another story) She has 4 rooms, (it’s the same house my mom lived in with her brother and sisters) the kitchen is the nearest to my grandmas room. My grandma’s room has a big glass door, she has three wooden closets and well a bed (of course) and a TV, well that’s pretty much it. The room that I usually sleep in is kind of big. There is a TV in there a wooden bed, the mattress is lumpy at the same time very comfortable and fluffy, and there are two small couches and big wooden closets. And the third room has a huge wooden closet and a big bed; well that’s pretty much it.

My family and I went to sleep at my grandma’s house for a week. On the fifth day I was very bored, and my mom felt bad for me so she wanted to do something to really surprise me, It was a Sunday afternoon all the shops were closed and we couldn’t go out to play in the burning hot sun the and that was not working at all so there was nothing to do. My mom got an   idea, she was going to fix the TV but she needed the control freak A.K.A Amin ‘Amin! Amin! Come telium I mean the TV is not going to work on its own! My mom hollered, but he was too busy drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. I was worried he was choking on the water and he’ll never put it down. He took a big breath and said, “Coming!!” He ran to the room my mom was in and he put the glass on the entrance of the room. In five minutes or so I heard my favorite song, Telitubies Dipsy, Lala, Tinkiwinki, po, say hello!

I ran to the room suddenly I heard a big crack, creaaaak! Then I felt excruciating pain going thru my foot “AHHH!” I let out the biggest scream I could.

I looked at the floor and all around me was blood, I thought my foot was half ripped off. I cried so much I felt like vomiting.in those few seconds, I felt like they were hours, everything around me was frozen in my mind.

After I went to the hospital, it took about three weeks to heel, and they wrapped my foot (in those three weeks I wasn’t allowed to walk) but I still have a scar on my foot. Since that day I never walked barefoot  again.

Article posted October 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 217

I felt the bus coming to a stop; I knew it was time to start camping for sure. (And boy was I relieved)I looked around and everyone had smiles on their faces. As soon as I got out of the bus I smelled the beautiful smell of the ACS campgrounds and I watched the trees swish. First things first, they asked us to sit on the ground in a semi-circle, but many people refused-I was not one of them. As I sat on the floor I felt to thorns going thru my skin, it wasn’t that painful, but It was painful .Finally Coach Wisam came and sat in the semi-circle and he told us the rules of the camping trip, when he made sure that he told us all of the rules, he started to teach us the real stuff-pitching the tents. Soon we all of us went off and we pitched our tents yes we pitched up our own tents. At night we had a big bond fire (It was kind of scary at first because it was windy.)After that we all went to our beds- or should I say our tents .It was bed time, no getting out of our tents, no visiting each other, but we got out of our tents any was. At midnight we all –well everyone on the side next to the fence- got out of our tents, sat on the rocks, and talked, loudly. Soon we heard footsteps we looked to the side and, BUSTED, we saw Miss Noshie walking towards us. We all ran to our tents and tried to sleep. A t three in the morning we opened the big zipper of our tent and we stared at the stars.

Article posted November 11, 2010 at 12:30 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 89

My classmates and I have each been given a country to learn about and work on. I am going to tell you five facts about Syria.

1. Syria’s borders are, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and occupied Palestine.

2. Syria is about 71,498,050 q mi.

3. In Syria it is really hard to get water because the weather is so hot and there are very few rain falls.

4. In Syria it is very sandy and even though there are very few rain falls many people have farm’s because Syria is very dry and it has flat land.

5. The capital of Syria is Damascus.

Hey.. im Meera i love to play , I enjoy ebery day. I play the violen, I have a cat, I have two brothers and ,,,, I LOVE TO CHAT!!