Copyright (c) 2014 by Ah! Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ah! -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Ah!

teacher: Michael La Marr

My Top Five Blog 06/09/11
Westminster Woods 04/12/11
Gold Rush 12/16/10
The Cay 11/15/10

Article posted June 9, 2011 at 09:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

On April 29, my class and I went to the Sacramento Railroad Museum and learned alot. My top five best things I learned were...

1. There are 3,000 crossties under a mile of track. Wow!!!

2. The mail box car could hold 600,000 pounds of mail. Crazy!!!

3. The Chinese men got horrifying jobs like being dangled off a cliff to blast the cliff away. Freaky!!!

4.The telegraph was invented with electricity to send a message across the continent in at least 2 seconds. Cool!!!

5.The date of the Ten Mile day is April 28, 1869. The Ten-Mile day is when the Central Pacific laid ten mile of track in one day. Awesome!!!

Museum.

My experience was very good at Westminster Woods. I liked the rain a lot! I liked the rain a lot because it got me hiking when I was tired. The best part was the night hike. I liked it because of the solo hike. The solo hike was the best because we had to walk the distance of about a football field. The solo hike is where I had to walk alone in the dark. We had to walk until we saw a cabin which was hidden in the trees. I liked the food there a lot! The best night was Mexican night. I had two burritos and a taco. They were really good! I loved the trip to Westminster Woods.

I think the California Gold Rush was awesome. I would like to be in the Gold Rush because I could get rich off of gold. I would buy a long tom and get rich. I like gold because it is shiny,

I wouldn’t like to be a miner. I would buy my supplies with my precious gold. Rats would probably get into my food. Someone would probably steal some of my gold. but I have to keep mining.

The book The Cay is awesome. My favorite part of the book was when Timothy and Phillip got stranded on an island and had to survive. I liked it because Phillip got thrown from the top bunk of the S. S. Hato, had to survive on the cay and when a tsunami hit the island, it blew away their hut. It was funny when the tsunami hit the island and Stew Cat climbed a tree. The sad part was when Timothy dies. The Cay was a good book!