Copyright (c) 2014 by ZN Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ZN -- Blogmeister

Blob

5A

by ZN

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

The Test 02/06/13
My First Movie 12/07/12
Deir Al Qammar 11/05/12
Moo 11/05/12
Line Graph 11/05/12
Ordering Decimals 11/05/12
My First Math Assignment in Grade 5 10/04/12
Hi 09/10/12
New Years Eve 01/03/12
Folktales 12/13/11
Sun Ball 11/17/11
Mr. Ocax 10/12/11
Illustration Only 12/15/10

Article posted February 6, 2013 at 03:19 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 167

The Test

Zane © February 2013

“What is this,” shouted my mom!

“It’s my science test,” I said shakily.

“I’m talking about your test score. How could you fail your science quiz,” asked my mom very angrily,” you studied an hour every day!

“7 people got worse than me, “I said,” and it’s my first F- this year.”

As part of the writing unit on Personal Narratives, students are required to use dialogue in their stories. This involves dialogue tags (the use of a variety of tags and their places) and proper use of quotations marks and punctuation. This short text was the student’s first attempt at writing a dialogue with correct quotation marks and punctuation.

Article posted December 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 114

I had to make a movie on one out of three topics. I chose the layers of the sun because I knew much more on it than any of the other topics.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 03:01 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 82

This Expository Text was written by Zane© September 2012, and focuses on the details of the paragraphs in the body of an expository text

In 5th grade you go on a camping trip to Deir Al Qammar. The camping trip is 2 days and 1 night. At this field trip it was fun, but VERY tiring. I would have given anything to be in my comfortable bed. Do you know why?

At Deir Al Qammar there were many fun and tiring activities. There was archery, tent building, and balance games etc. The balance games are really exhausting and require loads of teamwork. The least tiring activity would be the bonfire because all you do is watch the stars.

The most exhausting part of the trip was the 2 hour hike. And what might blow your minds is that it was almost all through spikes. Your legs will be red with marks and you will have tons of thorns in your skin. So get a stick and push the thorns out of the way. Half way through the trip you’ll get a rest so don’t use your energy. After the hike you get an hour rest to catch up on rest.

After all of the activities you would expect to sleep like a log. But surprisingly most people just stayed up and talk. But after 11:00 the teachers tell you to be quiet. Worst of all is that there are wild animals outside so no one opens their doors. Without the door open it starts getting hot. This results in no sleep what so ever.

The trip was so exhausting that if it wasn’t fun that it would be torture. But thankfully it was very very fun. So make sure you sleep A LOT before the field trip. Because if you don’t everything I just said will turn out much worse.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 02:56 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 64

This Expository Text was written by Zane © September 2012

Cows are very special animal. They are the source of many different products. Cow products are sold almost all over the earth.Did you know that if we had no cows in the world grocery stores would be much smaller? And there would be fewer stores.

One of cow’s dairy products is cheese, milk, and different spreads. Dairy is a very healthy product. It helps your bones and your teeth by strengthening them. Dairy makes sure you don’t become a very squishy blob.

Cows are a source of tasty meat. Like burgers, steak. Cow meat is sold in many restaurants such fast food restaurants. I love eating meat because it tastes really good.

Another cow product would be leather. Leather is made out of cow hide. There are purses, Shoes, and Jackets and furniture. Leather feels really good against you skin. Leather is sold at many shops.

Now you know about cow’s products and habits. Without cows we would have no dairy, cow meat, and no cow mowers. Cows are very special resources so don’t go killing them for fun. So you should be nice to our bovine friends.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 02:51 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 85

Zane  Number Line

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 02:43 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 90

Zane Ordering Decimals Assignment

Article posted October 4, 2012 at 02:52 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 63

Zane

Article posted September 10, 2012 at 03:21 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 48

I'm in, yahoo.

Article posted January 3, 2012 at 03:07 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 66

On New Years Eve my cousins and I were having a party. My friend George and I asked when we were going to fly the Chinese lanterns. Our mom said that we would go out in a few minutes. George and I went outside and hid so that we could scare my family. About five minutes later George had to go to the bathroom. But the door was locked. So we had to go to the kitchen. The path to the kitchen was all wet and we didn’t have shoes on so we had to run. When we got to the kitchen our socks were soaked. Right when we got there my cousins went out side. We were failures. Outside my cousins and I were going to light up a Chinese lantern. The lantern had holes in it because we were popping party poppers towards it. When we lit it the wind kept blowing the fire so we had to keep lighting it up. When it finally stayed lit we threw it up into the air. Since the wind was blowing so hard it almost blew into my grandma’s pine tree. But luckily my aunt caught it before it burned the tree.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 08:05 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 83

1. The folk tales taught me about the Middle East because the pictures show some of the settings of the Middle East.

2. The pictures also show me what clothe people in the M.E. wear.

3.

My favorite character is Gilgamesh. Because he is strong he killed many monsters. He is also a wealthy king. He is the king of Uruk.