Copyright (c) 2014 by SM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SM -- Blogmeister

Sammy's Blog-

by SM teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Article posted May 27, 2013 at 02:42 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 253

so much depends upon,

Waiting two hours in a room for my passport to be done.

so much depends upon

Waiting for my birthday to come for presents and fun and happiness.

so much depends upon

When I could not wait to wait to turn on my iPad next morning.

Article posted April 9, 2013 at 02:34 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 93

Ms. Noshie went to Bangkok and left us with the best math teacher Ms. Salem for math the most terrible horrible and Substitute teacher is Ms. B=http://=http://=http:// She doesn’t read the schedule and switches parts when they are not supposed to! She even forgot!  And forgets to give us the after school activities sheet. And she skips parts of school because she doesn’t want to do it. And she gives us the wrong paper at the wrong time.  Ms. B is a awful teacher Ms. Salem is the best teacher for math.Thank god Ms. Noshie is coming back. WOOOOOHOOOOO! 

Article posted March 1, 2013 at 08:45 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 106

Soccer is a very popular sport. Some people really like it but they are bad at it. And they wouldn’t like to beaten badly by players. So I am going to teach you how to play it.

Step 1: Your objective is to score a goal in your opponent’s goal. To score u has to make the ball cross the line of the goal by either kicking it or headering it. But the goalkeeper is the only one that can touch the ball with anybody part. He has to try to save the ball from going in.            Step 2: When you attack there will be defenders trying to take the ball from you. They could take the ball in anyway but kicking you, or doing a hands, or slide tackling you. But if they kick you or do hands or slide tackle you it will be a free kick or a penalty. A free kick is a free shot when a foul happens outside goalkeepers. The goalkeeper’s box is the limit of where he can hold the ball or save the ball. A penalty happens when a foul or a hands in the opponents box. A penalty is a free shot with you and the goalie, no one else.

Step 3: When you tackle someone an easy not hurtful tackle it is still ok but it’s still a free kick. But when you tackle someone from behind really hard it is a red card which means you’re out of the game and not playing the next two matches. A yellow card is a warning but if you get 2 you get a red card. If you do hands on purpose it is a red card. If it’s not on propose it’s a yellow card. If the ball goes out from the line going to the goal it’s a corner. A corner is a free pass from the corner of the field. When the ball goes out from the sides it’s an out. An out is a throw, that’s when you can use your hands. You have to throw it over your head without jumping with your feet on the line. If you don’t do that it’s a foul out. A foul out is when you don’t do that so you have to give the ball to the other team.

Now you know how you play soccer. Remember you are not allowed to touch the ball with your hands. Now you know how to play soccer. 

Article posted December 19, 2012 at 08:36 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 505

This Expository Text was written by Sammy © November 2012

There are many soccer players who miss free kicks and soccer players hate it when they miss it, it is such a very good chance of scoring a goal! Players like to take free kicks and they are happy when they score but I can teach you how to score a free kick.

Step 1 In order to take a free kick someone has to foul you or do a “hands.” These are the consequences for a free kick. If it’s a really bad foul, you sometime get a yellow card or red card. The yellow card is a warning, but if you already have a yellow card, you get a red card. A red card is like a suspension you thrown out of the game and can’t play the next match.

Step 2 now to take a free kick you have to put the ball on the ground. There will be a wall. A wall is a group of defender that stands shoulder to shoulder. Their job is to block the ball from going in the goal. The maximum amounts of people that can form a wall are 5. You have two choices with a free kick: you can either pass the ball to another player or shoot directly. But if you want to shoot, you either shoot it over the wall because or under because the wall usually jump. I prefer over the wall because it is harder for the goalkeeper.

Step 3 if you decide to shoot it over the wall you kick the ball not so hard because you will miss it. Or if you want to curve it, you have to barely touch it, and touch it with inside of your foot. Sometimes you can shoot it through the wall, which is the hardest for you and the goalkeeper. If you pass to your teammate and he can score. Or you can cross it which is a type of pass but in the air. The cross is usually used to pass when you are far from your teammate.

Now you know how to score a free kick. But beware that you are not always going to score. You can’t score a free kick, only by luck.  

In this third expository text, the focus is on the writing traits Ideas and Organization. The students have to explain in 3 steps how to do something. The language has to be clear and functional. The concept of sentence fluency was introduced (but not practiced yet), and students are encouraged to work with different sentence length while using conjunctions, which they have been practicing with in their grammar log. The presentation is slowly becoming second nature, indicating that certain formatting skills are mastered.

Article posted December 12, 2012 at 09:20 AM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 126

It was interesting learning how a star produces energy. First we had to research about the sun and then write the information and record it and make it into a movie.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 03:00 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 100

This Expository Text was written by Sammy

I was excited when my fifth grade class and I were on the bus to Deir al Qammar. Dier al Qammar is in the mountains and it is where ACS has a camping ground. Grades go there every year and sometimes sleep there. We do activities and very long hikes. In third and fourth grade it was good but in fifth it was terrible. I was a little excited till my friends started to annoy me. And when we were setting up the tent…my partners started the trouble.

Setting up the tent was so bad. When the coach taught us how to set the tent. I thought it was going to be easy, my friends did not do anything, and they were talking so much. I did most of the work.

The hike was painful. When I was on the way to the hike. I was excited, until I saw lots of spikes. I was wearing shorts so the spikes might scratch my legs. My legs were hurting so much; they were bleeding after the hike.

And finally what annoyed me was that my partners never stopped talking. The coach turned off the lights, but my partners kept talking and annoying me. Just when I was going to sleep.  Salim sprayed deodorant in my face.

I was so tired by packing up the tent by myself I woke up by the coach saying “pack up your tent pack up your tent. “I started to pack the tent but no one was helping. I finished packing the tent and still my friends were talking.

So Deir Al Qammar was terrible. Setting up the tent was so tiring, the hike was making my legs so sore and my partners were so annoying. I wish to never go back camping at Deir Al Qammar.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 02:56 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 105

Once I was really hungry, so I went to eat shawarma which is my favorite sandwich. When I was eating, I ate a pickle. It just ruined my moment.” I HATE PICKELS.” There are many people in the world that don’t like pickles. I am one of those people.

Pickles taste really bad. They are as slimy, as snails. It tastes like you are eating 5 instead of 1. It does not go with anything. There is just too much flavor.

They smell too vinegary. Sometimes I cough when I smell them. That’s why I come near them. It has a powerful smell, it smells really bad.

I don’t like the look of pickles because they are dark. It freaks me out, especially when they are in a jar. They are all squished together.

So that’s why I don’t like pickles. They taste bad, they have too much flavor, and they smell really bad. And there look is so dark. I wish there were no more pickles.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 02:52 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 106

Sammy Ordering Decimals Assignment

Article posted October 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 103

Sammy Ordering Decimals Assignment

Article posted October 4, 2012 at 02:58 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 113

We were supposed to choose what graph belongs to what type and do it

Sammy