Copyright (c) 2014 by LC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LC -- Blogmeister

Leen's Blog

5A

by LC

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Article posted May 27, 2013 at 02:53 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 257

I am from a house that is so decent with enough stuff like a room for me, a bed, a closet, a bathroom, and a desk. I am from a house that has very beautiful and kind sisters that treat me like a queen. I am from a house that has a cute, small Yorkshire puppy that is friendly. I am from a beautiful country that has a lot of places to go to and has a lot of history and tourism. I am from a house that has very wonderful parents because they gives me whatever I need, like sending me to school, giving me a phone, a laptop, and school supplies. I am from a class that is a very disciplined teacher and trains us well for middle school, with a neat cubby, and that is why I am so grateful to my teacher. I am from a very nice community because I have enough friends, a beautiful neighborhood and city, and very kind people. I am also from a town in the north named Chekka and I am from very nice grandparents that plants and bakes for me. I am from green sneakers that are from Downtown, that I wear constantly. I am from a Burberry color head band that is from Burberry a very seemingly comfy head band. I am from a school in ACS in Beirut the best American school in Lebanon. I am from a nice closet filled with enormous amount of clothes. I am from a very caring friend, Leah that is such an amazing friend. I’m from a class that has kind classmates that I really care for. I am from sitting next to annoying boys that act like a baby. I am from a very disciplined teacher and I am grateful about that. I am from a teacher that says “Don’t keep on asking me what to do”. I am from a teacher that loves surprises especially for tests. I am from a family that never takes their eyes off me.

Where are you from?

Leen © May 2013

Article posted April 9, 2013 at 02:30 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 88

The Horrible Terrible Substitute teacher is Mrs. B. My original teacher, Ms. Noshie, left for the substitute a paper that tells what we should do during class. But Mrs. B. doesn’t read carefully and kind of does not give us the exact correct assignments. So whenever she goes home and reads the paper, she realizes that she was wrong of what she taught on that day. So the next day, she does the same thing regrets what she did. So she tells the class that she is a horrible substitute teacher. So we all disagree with her and tell her that it’s not true. So now I am in the computer lab writing this story which was our assignment.

Article posted February 6, 2013 at 03:04 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 83

Upset Mom

Leen© January 2013

“Hi mom! I am back from school.”

Mother replied, “Yes honey, what did you get on your math test?”

I muttered, “I got a 73.”

Mother shouted,“What??!! You studied for 3 hours every day, and you get a 73!?”

I cried, “Mom, I’m sorry. I tried my best to answer correctly. Yet I didn’t. I’m sorry.”

My Grammar Speech Marks Assessment

Leen© January 2013 

“Hi,” says Karim.

“Hey,” says Joe.

“What do you have today?” asked Karim.

“Oh, just a fruit roll-up,you?” replied Joe.

“Just brown bread,” replied Karim.

“Ok, uhh, I have to go to class, see you!” exclaimed Joe.

“Oh, see you,” says Karim.

As part of the writing unit on Personal Narratives, students are required to use dialogue in their stories. This involves dialogue tags (the use of a variety of tags and their places) and proper use of quotations marks and punctuation. This short text was the student’s first attempt at writing a dialogue with correct quotation marks and punctuation.

Article posted December 4, 2012 at 03:22 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 112

This is the 1st Science movie I've done in 5th grade and my movie is about the life cycle of a star and how it moves stage by stage.

Article posted November 5, 2012 at 03:05 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 78

This Expository Text was written by Leen

Did you know these facts? McDonald’s is so delicious!! But there is a little problem. It is so bad for you? Why?

The burgers are very greasy. It is greasy because when you’re holding it, the sauce falls out. They look SO MESSY! McDonald’s deep fry the chicken in oil. Oil is greasy.

McDonald’s food is also fattening! They contain really fattening stuff, like the calories, fats, and carbohydrates.

It causes cancer! Cancer is when you are really sick, some people die from.(Not all people die when they have cancer.)

I hope you learned something from my story. I advise you to stay away for McDonald’s. So, please take care of your body! And,the end.

Article posted October 4, 2012 at 03:09 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 90

Leen

In the math assessment, I had to construct a bar graph, a line graph, and a stem and leaf plot. And the graphs were about how many ice creams were sold and how many people like what flavor. So this is what I have to tell you.  

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 67

I chose this shape because I like horeback riding.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 123

I chose this shape becuase I love horseback riding.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 02:54 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 73

Kuwait

Friday, October 27, 2011

I lived in Kuwait for four years. I went to a school that is named American School of Kuwait. In that school, I had a lot of friends and I had so much fun that I did not want to leave that school.

Now, I am missing my old friends. In Kuwait, I used to do a lot of fun activities. I did ballet and I did gymnastics. When my parents said that we had to move to Lebanon, I was so sad to leave my friends and activities. I really miss my old life in Kuwait because I had so much fun there. In Kuwait, I used to go on the flipping bars. I miss ballet classes like is big room that is as big as my classroom in ACS.

In Kuwait, the weather is usually not that nice. In the summer, it is very dusty. In the winter, it is very cold at night. In the spring, it starts to get dusty again till summer. I like Kuwait in the Fall.

Article posted December 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 72

When I was a baby I lived in Kuwait. One day my two sisters and I went to the mall with my mom and my nanny. I have two older sisters and I am the youngest. My sister, the one who pinches my checks, her name is Nicole.

My other sister is named Michelle.

When we were walking through the mall, suddenly, I lay down on the floor and I cried loudly. My nanny had to pick me up and go where my mom was going. I wanted to go home. Then I started to nag at my mom. I wanted to say, “Mommy I want to go home!!” but I was only a baby, so I talked baby-talk.

Then my mom said, “Ok, we will go home.”

We went home. Then I felt better. I liked to play at home with a friend and without a friend, because I can play my games all by myself.