Copyright (c) 2014 by GA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
GA -- Blogmeister

The Ultimate

5B

by GA

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Article posted April 9, 2013 at 02:58 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 39

Reflection on Rissa Bartholomew’s Declaration of Independence

I like this book because as soon as you start reading it you will not want to stop. It is like a rollercoaster first you start out slow then whoosh it really starts to get interesting and you wish that it will never end. Then you get to the slow part going up and up and then stop for a minute or two, and then wee you get to the fun part. Down you go then it gets calm and then there is a problem, a loop is ahead of you then you slow down then get slower and stop the saddest part, the ride is over. But you still want go again and again. That is how you will feel about the book, I guarantee that is how you will feel.

It is not like one of those books where it is like a drizzle of darkness and bores you to death it feels like splash in the pool in the middle of summer. Don’t you have an awesome feeling for when you are in the air about to go in the swimming pool, that is the feeling you get when you read the book.

When you get to the end and it finishes you wish that there would be a whole series of it just like it and that the series would never end.

Summary of Rissa Bartholomew’s Declaration of Independence

Rissa had a best friend ever since she was born, her name was Beth. Beth had changed since elementary, now she is talking about what teen girls would talk about, like which boy she liked on the soccer team and it was only the summer before sixth grade. Rissa did not like the new Beth she wanted her old Beth back.

Not long after, it was her Joint birthday with Beth, her other friends like Jayne and Angela came. While she had her birthday a nerdy and weird guy sat near the party, his name was Brian. He went to the same school. Then out of nowhere, the girls started to taunt Rissa by saying “Ooh Rissa there is your knight in shining armour”. The reason they were saying this was because in fourth grade when Rissa fell in the playground and really hurt herself, Brian helped her go to the nurse. So Rissa got fed up with all her friends and she screamed “You are all jerks”, ran to the bathroom and did not come out till the party was over.

When school started Rissa really regretted what she did at the party because now she had no friends. But she had her eye on someone named Violet. She was from Illinois. She seemed to be very nice. But when she met her, apparently all she was interested in was medieval stuff. Eventually Rissa got used to it. The only real friends where her gnomes. She had this thing about gnomes ever since she saw one when they were walking past a garden ornament place, and she got her first one from there, and named it Nicolas. Now she has plenty more.

But Rissa still wanted Beth back. If you want to find out if she still will struggle or if she and Beth make up, read the book yourself and absorb the magic of the book and find out.

Article posted April 9, 2013 at 02:50 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 39

Intro

Have you ran out books to read or are you tired of books about bunnies and fairies? Then read the book NERDS! I guarantee that you will be flipping the pages and reading it like mad. I was just looking for a book at the library then I saw it and I knew it was the book for me. It was love at first sight. I usually do not like reading so I said I will read for half an hour or so but lost track of time while I was fighting piñatas that came to life. I am sure you will enjoy it. Now if you will excuse me I need to attend a mission in my book!

Reflection for NERDS

I like this book because it is action packed and I like those kinds of books. This book is like a snake, slithery, sneaky and it can sometimes stop or it can bite you with its venomous fangs and sometimes it is slow. You never know what’s going to happen sometimes the least expected happens so watch your back anything could happen. Ssssss.

It is not only full of action it can really be gross sometimes, like when someone’s picking their nose. You can sometimes feel like you are the character so if someone kicks the character in the stomach you finish the book with a stomach ache, who knows you might even find yourself in the emergency room in hospital.

Character Analysis

Jackson

He is self absorbed and sometimes can be obnoxious, trying to be the star, having the spotlight. He eventually becomes a really nice guy. Jackson is a bully. He organizes the kids into nerds, athletes, geeks etc. just by how they look or if they are smarter.

Mr. Brand

He can be brutal, his insides not as tough as they always seem, he sees himself in Jackson, Mr. Brand has leadership, and he is very cooperative.

Flinch

As fast as lightning, he is energetic. Flinch has super-strength, he is very intelligent, never afraid. Flinch in enthusiastic.

About the author

His name is Michael Buckley. He spends his time writing, he has also written The New York Times best selling Sister Grimm series. Michael has also created shows for Discovery Planet, Cartoon Network, Warner Bros, TLC, and nickelodeon. He lives with his wife and their son.

Passage that hooked me

The passage that hooked me was...

“I can’t be a spy” Jackson said. “Spies have to fly all over the world. What will I tell my dad?”

“Most of our missions take place during school hours. At other times you can rely on this,” the spy said as he reached down and picked up a black case. He opened the lid.

“A clarinet?”

Summary on NERDS

The book NERDS is packed full of action and intensity. It is about a super popular kid named Jackson who becomes a nerd all because he got braces. He thought his life was ruined since all his former friends would not talk to him and started calling him “Braceface” even his brother at home called him names like “nerdbot” or another cruel name. He was not even a bit popular any more. One day he followed a bunch of other nerds out of the classroom, the reason he did that was because there was something suspicious about them since they all sneezed at the same time and asked to be excused from the class for a couple of days. But when he reached where the nerds were, without Jackson being caught since he was very sneaky, the nerds went into their lockers. Jackson was shocked by this. So he went to the lockers opening them one by one and to his surprise none of them where in their lockers. Then Jackson did the wackiest thing he had ever done, he went into one of the lockers. Then out of nowhere he saw through the locker peeps his principle Mr. Dehaven picking his nose and then Jackson blurted out the word “gross”. Mr. Dehaven heard him and marched to the locker and looked through the peep but luckily Jackson instinctively ducked. When Mr. Dehaven left, Jackson gasped with relief, then suddenly “wee wahh wee wahh” a red siren went off in the locker. Suddenly the floor disappeared underneath him and he went through tunnels until he landed on his bottom in a lab full of scientists doing wacky experiments. One of the scientists saw Jackson, pushed a button then a siren went off saying “intruder alert” so he quickly ran to the nearest room possible thinking that there would be one that you could access email to send to the police or even 911. When he got to the computer in a really weird room that was apparently called the playground, he started fiddling with the controls on the computer. Then the computer said “access granted upgrades ready”. All of a sudden the chair that he was sitting on turned into a bed, it did some weird stuff to his braces and at the same time the scientists where trying to break-in. There were lasers scanning him. “Clank” went the door. The scientists were still trying to break-in when the computer showed a holographic skeleton of him. After that the computer thing said “upgrade finished” and the chair and everything went back to normal. All of a sudden the door fell down and the scientists came in... If you want to find out the rest of the story read the book for yourself.

Article posted January 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Article posted December 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 40

Not long after, it was her Joint birthday with Beth, her other friends like Jayne and Angela came.  While she had her birthday a nerdy and weird guy sat near the party, his name was Brian. He went to the same school. Then out of nowhere, the girls started to taunt Rissa by saying “Ooh Rissa there is your knight in shining armour”. The reason they were saying this was because in fourth grade when Rissa fell in the playground and really hurt herself, Brian helped her go to the nurse. So Rissa got fed up with all her friends and she screamed “You are all jerks”, ran to the bathroom and did not come out till the party was over.

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 09:32 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 38

GA

My Trip to Deir Al-Qamar

Did you ever go on a camping trip and wish you never left, well I went on a camping trip like that.

First when I got there it was burning hot I thought I was going to melt to death. Our first activity to do was making our tent it was worth it because if we did not do it we would have had to sleep on the floor all night, it was really hard building it alone but with my friends (Karim, Jad, Zane) it was as easy as pie.

Everyone there had a great time playing with each other. Personally it was the most exciting time I had in ages. After playing we did so many other interesting activities, one of them was hiking.

When it was night time we ate sheesh taouk, I was first in line and first in line for seconds too bad you weren’t allowed thirds. At night it was hard to sleep there were so many disturbing sounds and smells at night and there where so many mosquitoes biting me and their buuuuuzzzz noise was bugging me all night. When we woke up (I was the last to wake up) we were all zonked.

We did so many activities that day like balancing on bricks together passing them on to each other and walking on a wire (They both involved teamwork) but my favourite was archery. I was an sixth of a centimeter away from the bulls-eye.

I hope you liked reading about my trip to Deir Al Qamar and I hope it made you want to go there as well.

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 09:27 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 43

If Only They Could SPEAK! :(

Glug glug glug! Watch out for that fishing hook Mr. Fishalot. It is really harsh how they treat us fellow fish. You try living a fish life and then respond. Would you like it if you wanted a yummy snack then the next thing you know you have a fish hook in your lip and you can`t breathe any more then they cook in a burning pan and they put you on a silver platter and squirt lemon all over me and even in my eye! It is true that we have nutrients that your body definitely needs, but have some empathy. You are taking me away from my family have a Heart. Sometimes they even sell you at a pet shop and put in the wrong tank and then you have half a Goldfish in a piranha tank. It is agony when they give you a mean comment like “Ewe look how ugly that fish is he looks like a monster and an over grown.” Or even sometimes they say “Mom I don`t want a fish they are so boring and all they do is swim in circles and make a face.” When someone finally gets a fish they never take care of it and it ends up dyeing the next day because you either don’t take care of it or you forget to feed it. So next time you go to a pet shop keep your mouth shut. Oh and one more thing NEVER GO FISHING! file:///C:Users9-1806AppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image003.png" target="_blank">file:///C:Users9-1806AppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image003.png" o:title="">

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 09:22 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 44

Dear President,

Congratulations on your accomplishment. The reason I voted for you is because I know you are a really good leader you are the leader that will stand up for other people. You would make sacrifices all of us. You would make great changes to the world. I knew that you would not take all the power to yourself and become evil. I chose you because you are smart, very observant and kind. I know you will keep the country safe from any danger that might lurk through the country. Please do not become the kind of president that will take over, if you were planning on becoming someone cruel I hope this letter changed your mind. I am really happy that you were elected so make sure you let us down and regret electing you.

Sincerely, GA                                    

Article posted November 1, 2012 at 03:43 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 40

Glug glug glug! Watch out for that fishing hook Mr. Fishalot. It is really harsh how they treat us fellow fish. You try living a fish life and then respond. Would you like it if you wanted a yummy snack then the next thing you know you have a fish hook in your lip and you can`t breathe any more then they cook in a burning pan and they put you on a silver platter and squirt lemon all over me and even in my eye! It is true that we have nutrients that your body definitely needs, but have some empathy. You are taking me away from my family have a Heart. Sometimes they even sell you at a pet shop and put in the wrong tank and then you have half a Goldfish in a piranha tank. It is agony when they give you a mean comment like “Ewe look how ugly that fish is he looks like a monster and an over grown.” Or even sometimes they say “Mom I don`t want a fish they are so boring and all they do is swim in circles and make a face.” When someone finally gets a fish they never take care of it and it ends up dyeing the next day because you either don’t take care of it or you forget to feed it. So next time you go to a pet shop keep your mouth shut. Oh and one more thing NEVER GO FISHING!

Article posted September 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 42

Tomorrow I am going on a camping trip and I think it is going to be the best camping trip in the world. I just can't wait to go. I bet that it will be better than all the other years I went on an overnight fieldtrip.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 42