Copyright (c) 2014 by JG Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JG -- Blogmeister

JG's Blog

5B

by JG

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Title: 4A - Winter Holiday (12/21/11)
Description: Winter Holiday – Let 4A know what you are doing over the holiday. Share anything – thoughts on a book you are reading, a funny thing that happened, describe someone you met or a place you went, a poem, story or song, a new game you played, etc. Also comment on others blogs. This way we will know what we have all been up to when we get back in January. Happy Holidays!

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 136

Boy, it was short, wasn't it? We got out of school at noon on Dec. 21st. I flew out that same night. Guess who I met in the airport? Guess who was on the same flight I was on from Beirut to Paris? And then, on the airplane, I found another ACS teacher sitting just two rows in front of me. So there we were three ACS teachers; one was heading to England; one was heading to Guadelupe, and one was heading to the US.

I arrived at my mom's house in Indiana in the evening of December 22nd, after three flights (BEY/CDG/JFK/IND). It was fun to have a few days before Christmas to do all my shopping! On Christmas Day, I spent the morning with my mom, and then my sister and I headed to the airport. I had an afternoon flight to catch to California, so I could spend a few days with two of my sons. December 29th at 12:38 AM, I left San Francisco to return to Indiana. There was a little problem in Minneapolis -- the connecting flight to Indianapolis was cancelled, but after a four hour delay, on I went. The last two days I did visiting and packing. And finally, on January 1st, I started my trip back to Beirut, but this time from Indianapolis to Chicago, Abu Dhabi, and arriving in Beirut on January 2nd at 11:30 PM.

It really is a small world. While connecting in Chicago, I ran into Mrs. Crook (an ACS high school teacher) and her children (1st and 5th graders). Actually, going back and forth through lines for this and that, I ran into them three separate times! I forgot to tell you about another small world run in. When I was standing in line in New York to go through security, I saw an ACS 2nd grade teacher; she and her husband were hurrying to their next flight.

So, what did you do during your winter vacation?

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 78

There is fish everywhere. It’s sunny yet comfortable. The sound of waves rushing down the shore made me feel in heaven. Then I turned left to see the fish in the water outside the window, which then reminded me of the fish we ordered to eat! Soon I saw the waiter holding a plate of fish. Fish was everywhere (again). So I picked one, then two, then three!

I ate them all except one. So I ate it. I then everything was blurry, I couldn’t breathe. I was choking on a bone. Dads said DON’T panic!!! Then I panicked!!! Then dad gave me bread and I fainted. Soon I woke up feeling a lot better. Dad saved me and the bread made the bone fall.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 48

I was in Turkey in Turkey I was riding a boat I saw the Amin bridge and the biggest bridge in Turkey which is cold the Bosferis bridge. Over there I saw many villas many apartments then I remembered my dad’s apartment it has 33 floor’s like a skyscraper and then we went outside and I was freezing to death then we went back home were its cozy and warm.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:56 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 65

On Christmas I heard my mom screaming. But then my cousins came and then my cousins started fighting I was getting water then my cousin pushed me on the couch. But then I jumped on him and then my cousins squished us. But then my mom saw us and send us to my room!

Article posted December 27, 2011 at 10:49 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 74

One day my Dad was going to take us on a helicopter to get to Naqoura because we were having a christmas party there. I was so excited to go on this helicopter because it was not an ordinary helicopter, but an army helicopter. Italian soldiers flew us to the party, and it was so exciting.

I am having a great holiday!

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 52

Ali and Hashim were fighting over who is Barcelona on the Xbox in Fyfe 12 when I sat on the bed it started to move the room smelt of sweat from us running in it I almost fainted because of the smell

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:56 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 67

During the vacation, my family and cousins went to dinner to celebrate my brother’s birthday in a fancy restaurant called Cocteau. I was finally going to see my favorite cousin Waleed! I haven’t seen him since my birthday. Which was twelve months ago!  We went in two different cars. My dad and brothers in a Cadillac and my mom and I in a range rover. Luckily we got to the restaurant before Waleed’s family. Once they arrived we ate a lot I ate so much I was dizzy. After that when I felt better we ate cake. It was really yummy!

Article posted December 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 70

One day my dad came back from work and got something for my brother and I.

I was so exited I didn’t know what to say. So I hugged and thanked him for the amazing thing he got me.

When I took it to the room I plugged it in and started playing my new game that goes with the thing. The thing was a x-box 360=http://!! I beat my brother at the first game we got.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:43 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 69

I see a crowd of people standing, laughing, and talking. I walk into the perfumed room and hear people breathing deeply. My brother opened his first. It was a car magazine. Then I opened mine and it was a My Top 100 Animals. It comes with trading cards and you can cut them out. You can also read about different predators and weird animals extreme animals and sharks. Then when you read about them you can rate which one you liked best to last. I felt really happy and excited to read my new book. Everybody was happy especially my uncle because everyone appreciated his presents.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:53 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 52

The sound of the sliminess made me want to hurl. The feeling is very slippery. And the smell nearly made my plants die. It feels half slimy and half wet. It was stretchy to play with. It is stretchy enough to rap around your neck.   

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:53 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 50

When I walked to the door with my to the door with my friend I found horns, lots of colorful lines. I went to the bathroom it smelled like really bad. So I went back to my friends. I started playing then I scored then I took the ball from the other team there were 10 seconds everyone is cheering! 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0 I beat the buzzer=http://=http://=http://!!!

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 71

On New Year it was a very loud and annoying day. My baby cousin was crying I had to be his babysitter because his mom wasn’t home. The food we had was creamy and crunchy it was really good. Later my cousin hurled in my face so I had to wash my face five times. Later on my aunt came and took my cousin and I spend the rest of my time with my family.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 137

One Day I woke up in the morning it was Christmas Eve!!  I was so excited. I couldn’t wait till night time.  I spent half an hour trying to choose my cloths. Then I went to help my mom with the turkey in kitchen. When we finished the turkey we made pecan pie, it smelled like butter. While the pecan pie was in the oven my mom and I started on the apple crumble first we rolled out the duo while my nanny was making the apple sauce to put on the crumble. Then we put the duo in the tin and put the apple sauce on it. By then the pecan pie was ready. We took it out and smelled it “yumm” I said. Next to go was the strawberry shortcake which I made myself. When I was done with the strawberry shortcake I was tired so I went to watch T.V. So I washed my hands very well and went to turn on the T.V. I put Disney Channel on they were showing a Christmas special. So I continued watching. Meanwhile my mom was finishing off the food.  Evening finally came. My Aunt and my cousins came first. I ran and told everybody Merry Christmas and then pulled all my cousins inside and we started guessing what are presents were going to be. Then I heard my mom screaming “were starting to open presents” we all ran as fast as we could we all wanted to open the first present. I finally took a shortcut to where the presents are and got there first. I tor opened my first present it was a Cleudo board then I waited for everybody to open their presents then it was my turn again it was a Black Berry I was so happy then I opened another present it was an I pad and 2 Black Berry covers I went and hugged my parents I told them thank you and then we went to eat the food was delicious.

It was the best Christmas Eve Ever.

Article posted January 3, 2012 at 03:07 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 51

On New Years Eve my cousins and I were having a party. My friend George and I asked when we were going to fly the Chinese lanterns. Our mom said that we would go out in a few minutes. George and I went outside and hid so that we could scare my family. About five minutes later George had to go to the bathroom. But the door was locked. So we had to go to the kitchen. The path to the kitchen was all wet and we didn’t have shoes on so we had to run. When we got to the kitchen our socks were soaked. Right when we got there my cousins went out side. We were failures. Outside my cousins and I were going to light up a Chinese lantern. The lantern had holes in it because we were popping party poppers towards it. When we lit it the wind kept blowing the fire so we had to keep lighting it up. When it finally stayed lit we threw it up into the air. Since the wind was blowing so hard it almost blew into my grandma’s pine tree. But luckily my aunt caught it before it burned the tree.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:45 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 63

It’s New Year and we are eating a special dinner. In the living room it sounded like people are talking and laughing. Every one cared for each other. The chicken looks yummy and delicious. It tastes good and sweet. My mom and dad served the food  we all said thank you. The table was piled with food. I felt excited and warm  but the chicken was hot. The food was all done and we enjoyed it after that we all said “Happy New Year”.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:53 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 70

Today my mom wants to go shopping. I begged her to buy me a video game but she said “NO.”   

Now we were on our way to the bridge we crossed Brookstone and spot a shop keeper flying a Chopper “Mom I want I want it I want it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.” My mom said “Okay” and   

The End

Article posted December 21, 2011 at 03:24 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 47

Winter Holiday – Let 4A know what you are doing over the holiday.  Share anything – thoughts on a book you are reading, a funny thing that happened, describe someone you met or a place you went, a poem, story or song, a new game you played, etc.  Also comment on others blogs. This way we will know what we have all been up to when we get back in January.  

Happy Holidays!

Article posted December 22, 2011 at 06:55 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 50

After two fairly smooth flights from Beirut, I have arrived in England.  It is wonderful to see my family and I am looking forward to my sister's arrival tomorrow.  There is a big tree, yummy food, and a nice fire!  I hope you are all enjoying your holiday so far and are spending time with friends and family.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you! 

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:18 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 78

The food was piled high on the table and the glorious smells wafted through the air.  I sat comfortably in my seat allowing the warmth of the fire behind me to warm me up. The converstion and laughter around me slowly changed to the clinging of forks and knives on plates. I served myself lots of food including turkey and sweet cranberry sauce.  It was delicious!  By the end of the meal, I was so stuffed that I wasn't sure if I would manage dessert... but of course I did!