Copyright (c) 2014 by JY Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JY -- Blogmeister

ping pong

5B

by JY

teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Article posted May 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 42

It is a game of skill

You need your mind and will but never a pill

It is a game of strategy

No need to be a prodigy

If you are not training

Your scores are fading

I feel the adrenaline rush

For it is he I want to crush

Each hit is a surprise

For I feel my blood pressure rise

I hear the crowd so loud

Especially my family they make me proud

I hear each heart beat getting faster and faster

He feels my wrath bringing disaster

I smell victory getting closer each point

I feel tired; more pain spreads through my joint

If you think if it is about winning well you’re wrong

It is a game I love, it is Ping-Pong

Article posted April 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 39

The Tracker is a realistic fiction book that is set on a farm in northern Minnesota. John Brown is a thirteen year old boy who came to live with his grandparents because his parents died in a plane crash. Then one day John discovers that his grandfather will die because he has cancer. But John cannot accept that reality, and finds it hard to understand how cancer will take his grandfather from him. Every year, John and his grandfather hunt deer to make meat for the winter, and John usually looks forward to hunting with his grandfather.

But this year, his grandfather sends him out to the woods to hunt alone. In the woods, John encounters a deer, and he keeps tracking her for 2 days until both of them are so tired physically and emotionally. When they both collapse, John touches the deer, feeling he has cheated death and therefore saved the spirit of his grandfather.

Did John kill the deer? Did his grandfather die or not? Read the book to know what has happened and more about the relationship between John and the deer.

This story is full of adventure, meaning and the amazing concept of hope. Read the book and find out what happens to John and his family after the hunt.

1- A brave tracker because he went hunting alone and stayed for 2 days in the woods.

2-Hard worker & responsible . He does many chores at home early in the morning before he goes to school.

3- Sensitive boy because he is worried about his grandfather’s health and can not imagine him dying.

1- Sag: Sinks down.

2-Cud: When cows eat the partly digested food.

3-Silage: High moisture food that is fed.

4-Unduly: To an undue degree.

5-Bliemy: Happy, excited or enthusiastic.

Article posted January 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 44

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 05:31 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 40

Why Do We Get Brain Freeze?

Have you ever gotten a brain freeze? If you want to know what it is, its causes, its effects and how to cure it, read along with me.

A brain freeze is a kind of a headache that you get when you drink something very cold quickly on a hot day. That is why it is called the “ice cream “headache. When you get brain freeze you feel your brain will pop and you can’t handle thinking. This is because there was a sudden change in the temperature of the top of your mouth and the blood vessels swell and the brain triggers pain. This headache appears in about 10 seconds and lasts usually for 20 seconds and then it will go by itself. Some people can have it for a longer time.

To avoid brain freezes, you can do the following:

1- Don’t drink something very cold quickly on a hot day.

2- If you want a cold drink, do it slowly and don’t let it touch the top of your mouth.

3- Quickly warm the top of your mouth after a cold drink by drinking something warm.

4- Tilt your head back for about 10 seconds.

I hope you have learned and understood what a brain freeze is and now you will be more careful when drinking something cold.

Avoid the silly ice cream headaches!!!

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 09:22 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 38

Deir Al Qamar

Today I am going to talk about Deir Al Qamar. In Deir Al Qamar, we played many games; one of them was capturing the flag. Capture the flag is a game played by two teams. There is a flag on the floor and each person on a team has a number. When the coach says a number, they both run and whoever gets the flag and runs back to his base wins the point. We also played “Hide and Seek”. It was the best because I always win. The worst part was when the seekers started cheating by staying next to the tree. The next game we played was “Walk the Rope”. First I helped Jad to walk the rope. Unfortunately, centimeters before we reach the finish line he fell on me. Then we played Archery. Jad, Taha, Dani and I got a bull’s eye. I think it was beginners luck. My first arrow was a disaster, my second one was better, but the third one was a bull’s eye. In “Walk the bricks” the boys defeated the girls. On the next day, we went hiking. It was partly good and partly tiring and bad. The good part was that we saw dead birds and lots of hunters with guns. The bad part was that we got scratches.

The food and the sandwiches were amazing and very tasty. We had shishtaouk with hommos and garlic. It was delightful.

I hope next year we go again.

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 09:21 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 47

Dear, Mr. President

Congratulation for winning. Your speech was amazing. When you said you will keep your promises I hope you were not lying. Me and my friends voted for you. When you won don’t for get to flicks the changes in the country like you said. I know that you will be an honest, fair, kind and respectful. And a lot of people voted for you so don’t let your people down. But there was not a lot of difference in the ballets. It was 434 to 437. I forgot to tell you my whole family voted for you. How you said the speech was better than the others. You were never looking at the paper you were only looked at the audience. I hope you would change the country because the people are throwing trash. You were honest. The others were kind of lying. When you said you were going to build homes and schools you touched my heart.

When I grow up I want to be like you. I hope I will win and sit in the chair that you’re sitting in right now. If I win I will change my country.

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 09:20 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 46

The blood Journey

Hi, I am the red blood cell.

Wow is this the vena cava ahh help! I’ve been sucked into a black whole ow it’s just the right atrium. Please open tricuspid valve. I’m in the right ventricle. Something is happening I’m getting sucked into pulmonary artery to go to the lungs. I’m getting sucked into the pulmonary vein to go to the heart. Where am I. oh is this the left atrium. Mitral valve opens so I could go to the left ventricle. Wow is this the aorta? The aorta. I will spread to the whole body. I don’t want to do this again.

I hope you learned about what the red blood cell does.

Article posted November 1, 2012 at 03:47 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 37

Hello readers. The person who reads (correction: skims through, carelessly) is called Mary-Anne, and this note is for you and other worldwide readers who care/ don’t care for books.

Mary-Ann, I am being horribly abused; I am trying to be as gentle as possible right now. So, first you have to understand how hard it was to make me, it took many months (about 11) to write me, than we had trouble editing and publishing, and tossing drafts in the bin, so as you see this is not a very easy process. I promised to love the seller, and customer at all costs (after all they helped the writer earn money!)

In return you hate me, rip me! Fine words inked in smooth paper, ripped, it gives me the creeps just thinking of the horrid subject…..

Anyway, this horridness is the result of sloppiness, and turning my pages carelessly.

When you finish your “reading” please put a nice book mark, I beg of you. Instead of roughly folding my perfect tips of my enchanting page, book marks, a books best friend! How would you like it if YOUR “perfect” hand would fold like that, well books have feelings too! When you finish folding, or if you get a change of heart, miracle in other words, you throw and thump me hard on the shelf. Now you are hurting two poor old things- the shelf and the book, who do you think you are?!(Think of that overnight)

Humph- oh no its Mary Ann’s little brother Max! Oh my, he can’t do this to me, oh yes he CAN! I see a marker sliding its tip on me. Oh my pages, my lovely pages, oh, blue yellow, pink and purple, save me, someone. No one.

NO, Sorry Annie but NOW I’m mad, sad, and really mad! If you treated me well, not hurt me, or any one, as a matter of fact, this would not have happened. The anger passes away, as I sob “OH, if only you cared a little more, tried a little harder.” I sob a little harder, and wail once in a while, as you happily throw me into the dusty, bad smelling, and wet bin. The garbage man comes to pick me up and he studies me. Hope, a wonderful feeling, passes by my head. I call goodbye as the man trashes me once more into the truck. “Goodbye” I blink backs the tears that dwell in my eyes, my heat sinks. I get the feeling that hope will never pass by again, ever. I howl with sadness and sooner or later my life will be lost.

I tell this to you and worldwide people, because I want you and others to learn their lesson, also so other books get treated well.

Thank you for listening to my first to last words and feelings,

Mary-Ann’s book

Article posted September 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 43

Tomorrow we’re going on a field trip and that’s the things that we’re going to do

We’re going to go hiking in the woods; we’re going to sleep there.

I hope I would have a lot of fun.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 39