LRLL

Roadkill Project 05/30/12
Geremans and Romans 05/03/12
Voki 03/28/12
My Prezi 11/29/11
My Space Postcard 10/12/11
My Eye 09/12/11

Title: Medieval Scan (04/19/10)
Description: Here is a symbolic representation on our Medieval novels.

In one of my classes we were given a project to read a mideavil time book. Mine was called The Squires Tale. I read it way before  the deadline which gave me lots of time to work on my project. The horse represents my characters horse. The sword  represents the fighting. The grass and the stick represent the forest and the feilds they run threw. The metal means the armor sir gawain wore, and the heart was for the love and romance in the story.

I read the book The siege of Macindaw which is part of the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flannigan.  I have created this abstract collage in order to represent key parts of the story.  This short list describes the objects in my collage, and what role they have in the story.

Jagged Red Paper ~ War~a key part of the story even one of the main characters is a warrior ~ The shape represents the mountainous setting

Yellow~ Bravery~All of the characters in this book are confident and not timid in the least

Blue ~ Youth ~ This is not a story about adults~ All of the main characters are in their late teens

White~ Alyss is a main character who is a member in the diplomatic service ~ She always wears white because it is the color for the diplomats

Tree Needles~ This story mostly takes place in a dark forest that is thought to be magical and sinister

Broken Twig~ Betrayel~ In many key points of this story people thought of as allies turn against the main characters

Rock~ Mesmerization~ Alyss is mesmerized on many occasions by a special stone, during these times she unwillingly spills key information

Bow~ Will is an expert with his bow and arrow because he is a trained ranger

Sword~ Horace is one of the best knights and he is also Will's friend

The scanner project that we had to do in LA was pretty easy. All you had to do was just bring in 5 to 10 artifacts that represent what your character was like, the setting, and plot and  then just put it on the scanner and print it. My artifacts are coins for the poor character, a stick for magic, a ripped piece of cloth for homeless and grapes for the setting that takes place in Italy.

This scan relates to my book, In A Dark Wood. It's absically the story of Robin Hood through the point of view of the sheriff of Nottingham.

The artifacts:

The coins are there because the sheriff is constantly naking money off of high taxes.

The leaves/ green background is there because Robin Hood lives in Sherwood forest.

The two pictures are of Robin's camp at the turstin oak, and a picture of what I think of Nottingham.

Lastly, the jewels are there because Robin Hood steals a variety of expensive things from the rich, and gives them to the poor.

• The sticks and bark reprsents the grounds of  the drity poor village.

• The drawling of the castle is an idea of what the castle would look like 

• The crown and jewlery represents the queen and princess and their royality.

• The purple ribbon which represents royality and wealth.Purple is a royal color

• The coins represented the wealth of the royal family.

• The sword and the pouch represent part of the plot of the story.

I picked five items to represent a book I read (The Book of the Lion).  The reason I picked a ghost is because the main character can be very sneaky at times and he can run away and hide from people who want to kill him.  The reason I picked a cross is because the story is about the crusades and that is a religous war.  I also picked a boat.  The reason I picked a boat was because for a long while of the story they were on a boat to go the the battle ground.  I picked a jet because he is risky and flying a jet can be risky because something could go wrong with the controls and you could crash.  I also picked a sword because he uses a sword in the book to help fight in the war. 

The horse's name is Annie who is Morgan's horse

The hearts are for the love between Morgan and Thomas

The picture of the princess is the mother of Morgan

The sword is there because it shows the fights that are in the story

SCANNER Questions answered

the scanner was easy for me to do

Next time, I would of read the directions more carefully

We can use it for scanning pictures from a book to trace

I have a peice of bread to represent the food he ate. The playmobile people represent the main charecters, and the important ones. the brown background represents the dirt roads he walked, and the coins represent the money he and bear earned preforming their tricks. The cross represents the necklace from his mother with a cross on it.

This is my scan of the things that represent by book, Girl in a Cage The clay tree represents the woodlands of Scotland and England where the story takes place. The wooden deer represents how the characters are always on the run. The stone bracelet represents how much the main character loves vanity. The drawing represents a scene where knights were defending a castle. The coin represents how rich the family is.

We used the scanner to put everythings together. I was the first in my class to use it, so I had a bit of trouble. It was really easy once I understood it. The directions were clear. We could also use the scanner for social studies, for putting maps or projects together.

For my la class we got to pick a medieval book to do a project on, i picked one book about robin hood. For my project we had to list the characters, vocabulary,setting and theme.After we also had to fing drawings and objects from the book to scan as a picture above.

For our LA class we have been learning about medieval books like robin hood, and king arthur. For my book I have picked one about robin hood, and did a project on it. For my project we had to write down vocabulary, characters, the stting and theme of the book. We also had to fing objects or things from the book that we remembered to scan a picture that is in this.

We all read books on medieval times and i chose The Squire's Tale. We all had to have 15 vocab words and sentences using them which wasn't easy since my book was extremely easy. After reading our book we had to choose 5-10 artifacts relating to the book, like one for the the characters and one for setting and one for plot, for artifacts, and we couldn't have computer images, we had to draw them or have real items. For my project i chose a shiny piece of cloth for swords and armor, a puffy crown for king arthur, a wand for Terence the main character since he's part faery, a feather since wearing feather was the fashion and for hunting, a stick since Terence meant Gawain in the woods and they spend a lot of time in the woods, a horse shoe since they ride horses a lot, and a green crayon since a lot of people wore green then. I loved the book!

This is my artifact scan. Our class each read a book that takes place in medievel times. I read a book called Crispin. We then chose 5-10 artifacts that are important to the story. In mine the flag represents the setting, which is England. The skull represents the black death, which is how he thought his father died but soon learns is not true. This plays a huge part in the story. The tin foil sword represent the action in this story. There are a lot of sword fights and battles. The shamrock coin represents Crispin's luck. He manages to get out of situations that seem impossible to. The cross represents his secret and the religion. His secret was written on his cross the whole time but he didn't know it because he couldn't read. The ball represents Bear and his living. Bear is a charactor that helps Crispin along the way. He was a juggler and that is how he made his money.  The wolf represents how Crispin was declared a wol'f head, which means he was concidered not human and anyone could kill him or take him at any time and get a reward for it. These are the main ideas of the story and these artifacts help show that.

- The book was all about royalty so I put in a crown.

-The title was Once Apon A MARIGOLD so I put a flower in.

-In the beginning of the book its based in the woods, so I put rocks and a part of a tree.

-The color of royalty is purple.

-The majority of the book the people are on a terrace so i made the backround a terrace.

What the artifacts repersent

• Leaf -The forest

• Silver Plastic -The swords and fighting

• Crusader Shield -How they fought in the crusade wars

• England Flag -Where the main characters live in Hartslove

• Europe Map -Shows where they travelled

• The Cross -There religan

• The Red -The red horse

• The Blue -Sadness

This is my LA project.  We were soposed to read a medevil book and find thingd to represent the book.  We scaned them in the copier.  I used some knights' horses, a feather, a leather pouch, and some hrbs and seeds.  Read this book if you would like a quick read.

You This is a representation of Howard Pyle's The Story of King Arthur and His Knights, Book 3 the Winning of a Queen. That is the Story of how King Arthur gained the hand of Queen Guenivere. The representation of the Round Table represents The Round Table which was the dowry of Queen Guenivere. The fake lance represents the jousts that King Arthur had to win Queen Guenivere. The crossed swords represent the battle he had against a duke that was assulting the city of Cameliard, Queen Guenivere home. The map of Britan represents where this story took place. The crown represents King Arthurs royalty and the heart symbolizes his love of Queen Guenivere.  

We did a class project on medieval books.  I read Crispin, and we had to do a write up and create "artifacts" on it.  The picture above is my artifacts.

My artifacts are-

-Stuffed animal mouse to represent Matthias.

-Tin foil shield to represent Martin/Matthias's shield.

-Tin foil sword to represent Matthias/Martin's sword.

-Picture of Matthias in the underground part of the cage of Asmodeus.

-Picture of the roof of the Sparra's.

This is my scanner project for L.A. I read the Book Crispin. The sword is there because he uses it to save his life. The Bear is there because one of the main characters name was Bear. The cross is Like the main part of the story. I can't say why. It will give it away. The coins are there because someone said he stole coins when he really didn't. The ball is there because it represents a juggling ball and bear juggles and the flag is there because its Englands flag and it takes place in England.

The scanning was actually very easy. We had how to do it on the side of the computer so It was very easy to use it. There really isn't any easier way to use it

• The backround is kind of like a design based on the cover of the book that I read.

• I read Inkheart, a fantasy book.

• Up to the top right corner is a drawing that I did of the main character, Meggie.

• I made a gun and bullet because it is one of the weapons that the use a lot.

• I drew a book shelf and a book representing their love for books.

• It is based in england, so I brought in a Union Jack flag.

• It is set in a fores like place so I made a stick.

This is a picture of artifacts from a book I read, Crispin:The Cross of Lead. I have a tree reperesenting the setting which takes place in the forests when he runs away. The King hat is for the character of the steward, he is the king of the land and wants to kill Crispin. The picture of what it looks like dirt is for the plot because Crispin has a bumpy road along the wayfrom running from the steward. The Cross of lead is for plot as well because it was his mothers who died which plots out the rest of the story. The juggling ball is for the character, Bear who is Crispins leader juggles along while Crispin plays his recorder. The weapon is for what the steward and his soldiers are trying to kill him with.

• I chose a broken crown because in my book the main charaters are against the king.

• The arrow and hood represent Robert, better known as Robin Hood.

• The tree and flowers represents Sherwood Forest, where the Forest Wife lives and heals people.

• The bushel of herbs are for the healing way of the Forest Wife and the way she used herbs to heal.

• The border represents magic, because the forest wife was believed to be an evil witch, not a kind healer

The scanner was slightly hard to use and I needed help figuring it out the first time. Next time I'll make sure everything is exactly where I want it and it will be easier to figure out.