Copyright (c) 2014 by ISMA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ISMA -- Blogmeister

ISMA-

by ISMA teacher: Rye 8th Team

Las Líneas son muy grandes.

Están en el Peru.

Tienen tres o cuatro mil anos.

Son la octava Máravilla del Mundo.

Están en el desierto.

Hay cientos de líneas y miles de figuras.

Algunas figuras son de animales.

No sabe exactamente de dónde vienen.

Tu los puedes ver tomando un avión.

Sé que hacen con rocas volcanicas.

In Social Studies we had an assignment to write a 5 paragraph essay contrasting Roman and German civilizations.

Romans VS Germans

Imagine being an all-powerful Roman soldier walking through the woods with weapons and shields, minding your own business, with everything quiet and still and then all of a sudden Germans jump out from behind bushes and trees and attack you and others. One would think that the Romans and Germans were very alike, both were powerful with good leadership, but they are very different in many ways.

One difference between these two powerful groups was housing. Roman homes were luxurious to a certain extent depending on how wealthy the owner was. Some Romans had large estates, while others lived in apartments, which weren’t that grand but had windows living space, a bed, but little furniture. The Germans mostly had houses which were small and divided into half. One half was for the Germans and the other half was animal stalls whose body heat would keep the Germans warm in the cold winters. Another difference was the soldiers. A Roman soldier (which was called a legionary) would wear leather shoes, a helmet, and a vest like cloak. A legionary would carry a long spear, dagger, and carry a strong shield. Their strategy was smaller and faster than the phalanx, each legionary would depend on his own abilities and legions could split from the body of the legionary. The German soldier (which was called a warrior) would wear a suit of leather, and carry daggers, short swords, axes, and wooden shields. They would surprise attack a victim, they would hide and jump them when they came. Another difference was their laws (government). For the Germans, laws came from The People and a few laws were based on customs of ancestors. For the Romans, laws were made by the Senate who advised the two consuls, who both had to agree on any law before it had passed.

Even though one would think that these two brilliant groups would be very alike, they were very different. Some of their differences were their housing, their soldiers and their battle strategy, and their laws. In the end the Roman Empire lasted from 27 b.c.e -410 a.d and The Germans had lasted from 300 a.d-550 a.d.

This is my Layers Of The Atmosphere presentation! It was a really fun and easy project to do in science class!

This is my science valentine that I made in science class, for Valentine's Day which was 2/14.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 04:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 105

I researched The Battle of Thermopylae for my Prezi project. Since there were 4 people in my group including me we each had equal parts to research. I researched the important details of the battle.I found information for my project on the EBSCO website.

Hello mom,

I am writing you a letter while I’m in math class to tell you about what we've done so far this year in mathematics class. The classes are colored and my class is red. Every week we have a new math log and each day we put down what our homework is for one week. One thing we did was we had a ripped page from a phone book and we took tally of the last digit of the first 100 phone numbers and put them on a frequency table.

That was in the beginning of the year; one of the more recent things we've done was just a few weeks ago. Me and a friend took a bag of (honey dew) doughnut munchkin things and randomly chose one doughnut out of the bag at a time we then recorded the frequency of a chocolate, glazed and what we call the “eridy” doughnut on a frequency table; which we then put on a plain white piece of paper. We decorated the piece of paper we did this all on, with pretty colors and pictures of donuts.

We also did number tricks which we solved using variables. You must be wondering what a number trick is... here are a few examples: choose a number, add 3, multiply by 2, add 4, divide by 2, subtract original number. Here's another one: Choose a number, add the next larger number, add 7, divide by 2, subtract 4... what are your answers?

Those are some things we have learned in module one this year... we are soon going on to a new module which is module 2. I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about what we learned about in math class this year.

Love,

your daughter.

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 01:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 142

Do you know about your eye? Are you sure? Because I know about the eye...

This year we have started out studying the eye in Science. In Language Arts we will be getting a new teacher so now we have a substitute whom we are very grateful for.