Copyright (c) 2014 by BRBR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BRBR -- Blogmeister

BRBR-

by BRBR teacher: Rye 8th Team

Town-Rye

County-Rockingham

State-New Hampshire

Region-Northeast

Country-U.S.

Continent-North America

Hemisphere-Northwestern Hemisphere

Planet-Earth

Solar system-Sol

Galaxy-Milkyway

Cluster-Local Cluster

Super Cluster-Local Super Cluster

Universe- the whole containing thing

Have you looked at your eye lately?  Well if you haven't then do so now.

Science Class is fun. The teacher is Mr.Bissonnette. Right now we are learning about the equinox. It is when the sun comes directly over the equator and on the last day of summer there are exactly 12 hours of night time and 12 hours of daylight and it happens in another six months too. A few days before that we learned about the parts of the flower. In his classes we take a lo of notes and right now we have been taking notes and labeled drawings of our butterfly. Right now his stage is a chrysalis. Today in Science Class we went for a walk by Parsons Field. We learned about our five senses and wrote about them in what we saw when we were walking. Mr. B also told us about poison ivy and where it grows. We talked about bird noises and what we saw around us. I think Science Class is super fun. I like taking walks and learning about different things in nature. Art is one of my favorite specials. I love painting and being able to sketch. It is super fun and we learn a lot. right now we are doing a project where we sketch a fruit or vegetable and then we carve it into the linoleum. I am on the carving stage. I am excited for what else we are going to do in art class. In Language Arts we learn a lot. Right now we are learning about different genres and if they are fictional or nonfictional. We have groups for this SSKA, HJGA and GSMA are in my group. We have a reading log and a book list and every night we have to read 30 minutes. I love writing stories and right now I am writing one about a wake-boarder. In Social Studies we usually have maps that we fill out with all the oceans and the continents. We already had a test on that and the Five Themes of Geography. That is movement, region, location, place and human environment interaction. We did a poster on those. Now everyone in the grade are hanging outside Mrs. Collyer's room. Right now we are learning about the Equator, Tropic of Cancer, Arctic Circle, North Pole,Tropic of Capricorn, Antarctic Circle and the South Pole. I like math. We just went out into the garden and dug for potatoes. Then we weighed them. They were all shapes and sizes and some looked really demented. In his class we have a thing called math points where we have to do 100 math points by the end of the trimester. The kitchen staff are going to also turn the potatoes into potato soup. It sounds super yummy. So far in Spanish we have took two tests. One on the Spanish alphabet and on on the places in the world that speak Spanish. Now I know the whole Spanish alphabet. My Spanish name is Benita because my real name is Brianna and the first letter is always the same. I think by the end of the year I will be able to have a whole conversation with somebody who speaks Spanish. In Life Skills we have made lots of yummy stuff. We have made homemade salsa, Bruschetta and they was fantastic. Life Skills is definitely my favorite subject because I love food. Right now we are making sewn pumpkins with pumpkin hats. They are super cute and I learned how to sew. I can't wait for my next life skills class. In Tech Ed we are making our own designable ping pong paddles. Mine is in the shape of an art pallet. Once we get it sawed out we have to sand it. How you sand it is you grab a piece of sand paper and you rub the wood with it to make all the sharp edges dull. I can't wait to paint mine. There are a lot of fun games that people in the past have made like Foosball, checkers and chess. There are a lot more too. In P.E. our number one rule is to be safe so we have a lot of challenges that involve teamwork. One of them being getting the whole class to the other side of the gym. We could use four mats for that. Another one was getting the whole class from one mat to the other swinging on the rope without knocking anything over. If we did we would have to start all over again. Right now we are learning all about basketball.

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries