BJCH

Overview of essay.

We did a 5 paragraph eassy to compare Roman and German culture.The goal was to have a 5 paragraph eassyon roman and gerrman cluture.

The Germans and Romans are different in so many different ways. The Romans and Germans are two very different groups of people. They lived in different worlds. I will compare them in 3 he rights of plebeians. All   Romans belonged to the assemblies, which would declare war or agree to peace terms. These are some comparisons of Law and government.

ways. But first the Germans are way different than the Romans because they live in villages around farmlands and pastures. They live with their animals. These are your Germans. My first comparison will be that German warriors and Roman soldiers are different. My second             compassion will be the Romans and Germans daily lives. My third will be the differences in Roman government and German law. These are my comparisons.

Germans and Romans are very different. One way is German warriors and Roman             soldiers. The way each one fought is different. Germans were put into clans or groups based on their family ties. If the run the run, they wouldn’t get killed.  They would give loyalty to their military leader called a chieftain. Chieftains gave his man leadership and weapons. They kept the peace between their warriors. Their love for battle was linked to their religion. They would fight in       their clans. The Romans would be killed if the run and they would fight in one big group. Those are the comparisons for war.

My second comparison is their daily lives. Well, Romans bathed everyday while      Germans rarely bathed. The Germans lived in homes with their animals on the other side of the house and Romans lived in apartments called islands. The Germans spoke German and the Romans spoke Latin. They did all their daily chores differently.  They had different jobs then each other. Those are my comparisons for their daily life.

My third comparisons are the law and government. Romans thought law came from the emperor and Germans thought it came from people. Germans based laws on their ancestors they didn’t write the laws down they memorized them, and  passed them from parent to child. The German legal system didn’t treat everyone fair, though they did keep peace. The Roman government had different people far different jobs. They had two head consuls chosen every year, and then a senate which was made up of 300 men chosen for life, and judges, assemblies and             tribunes or the government officials who protected  

This is a excerpt from the roman gladiator project we did.We have been studying rome and we learned about Gladiators. We had to make a jouranl that one of the roman gladiator would have kept .

The training is so hard , it feels like you have died. I hate it here but know that it is helping my mom and sisters.  Every time you don’t train hard enough you get whipped hard. I am a Dimacharius  gladiator, which means I fight with two swords and little armor. It is very scary. We have practice fights. I learned I have my first fight in 5 days a with a samnite.

Samnite gladiators fight with a large shield, helmet and a sword. This means they have lots of protection, unlike the Dimacharius.

Home , the one place I cannot be. The only place I can’t stop thinking about.  I wish I was at home to be there for my sisters and my mother. I was never married. I didn’t want to become a gladiator, but they just came to the house and took me.  They took me because we couldn’t pay the taxes , but they told me if I become a gladiator my family would be safe. So I'm a gladiator now. I hope I fight and win so I get the wooden sword so I can go home.  They told me if I fight to win and get the wooden sword they would let me go and I wouldn’t have to worry about food or paying taxes. I want to go home badly.

The wooden sword means you are free and you have won your freedom.  It means you don’t have to fight anymore. You don’t have to be a gladiator anymore but you can be. You can go home

and live your life freely. You live and don’t have to train or fight anymore. That is what the wooden sword was.

http://prezi.com/fusuau_5_jiz/green-peloponnesian-war/

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 06:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

1.My group did the Peloponnesian War for our prezi presentation.

2.My group sorta divide the work. I did the when and the works cited.

3. My group found our information on esbco, our SS textbooks and in the book 100 battles war. I use esbco and my SS textbook.

Here is picture of my eye. I hope you find this interesting.