Copyright (c) 2014 by JRVI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JRVI -- Blogmeister

JRVI-

by JRVI teacher: Rye 8th Team

Title: Bridge Writing (06/11/10)
Description: Students brainstormed real and metaphorical bridges before heading to Portsmouth for a field trip. These writings are quick free choice pieces based on the theme of bridges

I was ready now after waiting a week for the right tide to roll in. I looked down toward the water, reminding myself that I had been swimming on the other side of this bridge less than an hour before. I'm quickly over my nerves and before I knew it I was plummeting toward the ocean. I hit what some people call freezing water, but after living here all my left it felt like the perfect water. I began to sink lower into the dark depths of the ocean, I tried to swim toward the air but in vain. I notice that something slimy is grabbing my leg and bringing me farther down. Salt water rushes around me as I open my eyes, staring at the jaguar that is pulling me. I was shocked at what I was seeing, and temporarily thought that I must be hallucinating. An animal that looked like an aqua version of a jaguar, with flippers instead of claws, and gills on the side of its neck, had a hold of my leg. Suddenly the massive animal released me, and I began to float back toward the top, pushing myself up along the way. I began to loose any common sense that I had, wanting desperately to just suck in the water around me. Something in the back of my head convinced me to just wait a few more seconds, then I would be able to get as much air as I want.

I take in a massive breath of air when I finally reach the surface, swimming immediately toward my family on the shore who were waiting for me, I could see a look of shock planted on all of their faces. While I was swimming I began to feel a shooting pain in my leg, but I kept swimming knowing that I needed to reach land soon because fatigue already gripped me. As I pulled myself out of the water, I saw a deep gash in my leg that was already dripping with blood, I used my towel to take the blood off, and suddenly the pain went away. I looked back on my cut and noticed it had disappeared and was replaced by the symbol of a blue trident. I was amazed by the amazing healing power that I now had, but completely flabbergasted at why it had happened. I began to feel overheated and dry, not sure why though because I should have been wet from my last jump. I decide I'll take a quick dip in order to cool myself off, and that's when I noticed the blue fins that had taken over my feet. Scales began to crawl up my legs gluing them together, and in a matter of seconds I had a fish's tail instead of legs. I wanted to explore now that I could swim faster, I dove under water and realized that I could breath. As I swam under the bridge, I noticed a lot of movement farther down so I swam in that direction. I was soon in the midst in what seemed to be a castle, completely filled with a mer-person population. I approached one mermaid and found that I could speak fluently under the oceans depths. I learned that this was in fact a kingdom, and that here was actually a castle under every bridge. I decided that I should go back to the surface to let my parents know about my transformation. I glided toward the top, and when I reached it I quickly told my parents about what had happened. They were completely shocked and amazed so as a family they all jumped the bridge.

Within 10 minutes I was now part of one of the best mer-families ever. The only bad part about my new life, was when people would jump the bridge above me and I wished to jump as well. Overall, I loved being a mermaid, living under the bridge in an amazing castle, and being in the ocean forever.

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Memorial Bridge

The Memorial bridge is a very ancient and historic bridge. It has been around for about one hundred years now and its time for this bridge to get torn down. Most people are thinking that it will only last for about 2 to 5 years before it will get torn down. How long do you think it will last? Who knows they might be wrong! I think that they should tear it down soon and build a new bridge don't bother waiting 2 to 5 years it might really be dangerous by then. What do you think? I know this will cost a lot of money, time and effort but we can no longer have a dangerous rusty bridge for cars to go over back and forth from Portsmouth, NH to Kittery, MA. If they tear this memorial bridge down soon I hope they build a new that will be strong and high enough for the big tall boats to go by. THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Bridges

Tall

Fun

Exiting

Scarey

Nerve racking

Moving

Over water

Boats under

Nervous

Closing eyes

Fun with friends

Almost done

Long

Short

Rusty

Green

Water

Metal

Fish

Seaweed

Cars

People

Roads

Want it to be done

Forever going

Super quick

Loud

Singing

Noisy

Bridges

There are many types of bridges in our world. Some have more importance than others but there all related. Some are completely different like bridge jumping and making connections but one bridge that speaks to me would have to be a bridge on a guitar because I am a guitarist and without a bridge I wouldn't be a guitarist.

If you're looking at a guitar, the bridge would be right below of the pickups. The bridge holds the strings and the strings go from the tuning pegs down the neck and the body and connects to the bridge. It holds the strings tight to make it a high sound if you turn the tuning knobs. The bridge holds the string by going under the bridge and through a hole and kept in place by a little clamp that connects the bridge and the string. If you are playing guitar and it's too high pitched and you hit the string hard enough, the string will break and you have to take it out of the bridge and replace it for a new one. There's better bridges you can get that look better or have better quality.

Without a bridge there would be no guitar and no way to keep the strings in place. Without that, there would be no guitar in music which makes a large amount of the music in songs. I enjoy playing guitar and the bridge is a part of the guitar and the guitar is a part of music and music is my life.

The cars flash by, while the seagulls fly high in the sky.

The water rushes underneath and boats cut through it while being very discrete.

The horn blows, the lights flash, the bridge lifts so large boats can pass.

One after the other cars go by, while the tides come and go by.

The Bridge Laying Tank; Then and Now

Ever since the dawn of mechanized warfare in the early 1900's, there has always been a need to get vehicles across terrain that is just horrible. Then there came the caterpillar track system, which could go through relatively thick amounts of mud and other previously impassable terrain with ease. Still, these systems were complicated, heavy, and get bogged down just too often. This is where the Bridge Laying Tank comes into play. In the rainy last days of WWI, a British Mk. 1 medium tank lugged a wooden scaffolding bridge across the thick mud to allow infantry to cross. This is unofficially the birth of the bridge laying tank.

In WWII when the allies land in Normandy, France as phase 1 of Operation Overlord, the M4 Sherman tanks of the American 3rd Armored Division need to cross deep trenches and ditches that were dug by the retreating German Infantry. Shermans with crane arms and a steel bridge instead of a standard turret are called to resolve the issue. They lay the temporary bridges to get the rest of the invasion force across.

Now, modified M1A1 Main Battle Tanks are the American way of fixing the century old problem. They like the M4 Shermans of olde sport a removed turret to carry the crane and bridge. In Iraq and Afghanistan, Al Quaida blows bridges and freeways to prevent the armor from rolling in. No problem for the Army Corps of Engineers, them and their Bridge Layers get the convoys moving again.

There are two main bridges between Portsmouth, New Hampshire and Kittery, Maine are the Memorial Bridge and the Sarah Mildred Long bridge. The Memorial bridge is in critical condition, it will have to be closed in two to five years. The Sarah Mildred Long bridge which is also in critical condition, it also will have to be closed in six to seven years. There also is the Piscataqua River which is not for local traffic it is for a highway.

My opinion is we should first replace the memorial bridge and make it wider then see if another is still needed. If another bridge is needed the Sarah Mildred Long bridge would have no lift and make it last longer. That is my plan about the bridge crisis.

A Bridge is a path,

That shows you where to go,

When your trying to get home.

It shows you where,

Your heart should be,

When your trying to get through,

The stormy sea.

A Bridge is a bondage,

Of her to him,

And them to her,

To bond them all,

And keeps them there,

when someone calls.

A Bridge is a connection,

Of here and there,

To give you access,

Anywhere,

So keep our bridges,

All opened up,

And safe for everyone,

Under the sun,

That weighs more than a ton.

Bridges

FHSO

This year the Portsmouth bridges are starting to rust and fall apart. They can no longer be fixed with new parts for lift bridges. The Portsmouth people are trying to figure out what to do. They are thinking of tearing them all down, building a whole new bridge, or just trying to fix and repair them which can't happen.

I think that we should keep at least one of the bridges. If they know down both of the bridges then the traffic would be greater then it already is in the small town of Portsmouth. If they really want to fix the bridges they should fix it one at a time. While one or the other bridges are being knocked down they people could still cross over the other one, or they could be working on the one that was knocked down, visa verse. Another way is that they could keep both of them and then built a whole new bridge.

As I look down below the surface of the swaying wooden bridge, a sudden chill makes its way down my spine. A memory from my childhood days creeps it's way into my mind, making it one of those memories that are impossible to get rid of...

The booming of the thunder rattles my bones, the flash of lightning makes the hairs on the back of my neck stick straight up. One last glance, that's all it took, that one last glance of my father never left my brain. I turned for one second to look back at the swirling clouds above my head. Hearing a snapping sound and wood breaking made me whip my head around. Before I could say anything, the sound of the splashing of water filled my ears, and in that moment, I started preparing what I was going to say to my older sister when I returned home... alone. For I knew that one quick dip in that alligator- infested raging rapid below would take your life away, right before your eyes. Tears flooded my eyes and I tried not to remember of that one last glance I took of my father. One last glance, that's all it took, that one last glance of my father, in that water, never left my brain.

And so today, I am here, standing, on the same bridge, that took my father, away from me, forever. Should I cross it? Should I cross it, and fulfill my father's dream to be the first person in the world to ever cross a bridge connecting the two countries of USA and Mexico? My own life is at stake, just as my father's was, 30 years ago. Should I stay?

Hello good sir come into my house and I'll tell you about a bridge

Their big, their tall, some have walls

And some places don't have them at all

They can be made of chrome

Steel, copper or nickle

People can walk on them, talk on them

And even ride their bicycle on them

Oh and there are different types of bridges

Not the ones for riding

There are ones used to play the guitar

Ha! You thought I was lying!

There are bridges named after me

Yes, plenty of those

Oh and look come close good sir theirs one right on your nose

So I wont ramble on

I'll just give you a little smidge

I hope you had a great time listening about a bridge.

Bridges

Bridge

Bridge of cards

Card game

Game

Song

London bridge is falling down

Portsmouth bridges need repair

Fix bridges

Make new bridges

Drawbridge

Draw a bridge

Bridge art

Arts

Song

Singing bridge

Bridge over troubled water

Jump off bridge into water

Bridge fishing

Eat fish

Smell fish

Bridge of nose

Don't burn the fish

Don't burn bridges

What can I write next?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it

1. Mysterious Benedict Society/ Trenton Lee Stewart

2. Alex Rider (series)/ Anthony Horowitz

3. Eragon (series)/ Christopher Paolini

4. Harry Potter (series)/ J. K. Rowling

5. Artemis Fowl/ Eoin Colfer

6. Robin Hood/ Paul Cresswick

7. Black Duck/ Janet Taylor Lisle

Honor and Bridge by MRDA

Once the world was full of riddles,

fiddles and tiddles,

Nothing was bound,

hound and round,

Life was a ball,

fall and stall,

It would bounce and roll,

bowl and coal,

And never be still,

mill and will,

In a moving world,

swirled and pearled.

In these times,

pines and rinds,

There was a man,

pan and can,

who had on him,

swim and rim,

the only thing he owned,

loaned and moaned,

which was of more worth,

birth and girth,

than of silver and gold,

bold and fold,

yet when people would look,

cook and crook,

they would only see the man and his clothes,

loathes and rows,

For what he carried,

married and parried,

could not be seen,

bean and keen,

except for the way,

sway and pay,

he carried himself,

shelf and elf,

for this thing,

wing and ring,

was his honor,

wander and squander.

Then one day,

ray and say,

a jealous guy,

sky and pie,

took this from the man,

ran and pan,

and threw it over a cliff,

stiff and riff,

the man cried and cried,

spied and wide,

until there was a river,

liver and slither,

that filled the gap,

map and strap,

But the water,

hotter and otter,

was moving much to fast,

past and cast,

to swim across,

moss and toss,

so he realized that he must build a bridge,

midge and lidge,

so he could get over it,

bit and spit,

and claim his honor back,

smack and lack,

and suddenly he saw,

maw and paw,

a great stone path,

wrath and bath,

that lead straight to his prize,

size and lies,

and he crossed over leaping in joy,

boy and hoy,

he took up what was his,

miss and kiss,

and now wanders to this day,

hay and play,

still laughing and happy,

sappy and waffy,

and long since that bridge crumbled,

tumbled and stumbled,

and that river has been diminished,

finished and minished,

But you can still see the place,

grace and space,

where he momentarily lost his honor,

wander and squander,

that is now commonly known,

loan and cone,

as the Grand Canyon.

Bridge to Nowhere

A bridge to nowhere

is dark but light

quiet but loud

all at the same time

you never will know what its like

till you walk on the bridge to nowhere

Bridges

Jumping off a bridge

is like jumping off a cliff

high

scary

Suicidal

But

fun

rush

fast

Jumping feels and looks fun

But remember think before you jump

The Bridge I Saw

As I was walking in the dark

on my way

alone

from the park

I saw the most peculiar bridge

sitting

alone

in the dark

The bridge was in the woods

over a small dark stream

amongst the trees

and the long lost dreams

alone

except for me

“The bridge is big and tall.”

“Well, that's kind of obvious.”

“I know, but it's big and tall.”

“And you're pointing this out why?”

“I've never really looked at a bridge like this before.”

“Then stop looking at it.”

“Think of all the things it could be!”

“Other than be a bridge?”

“It could be a passage to a fantasy world with goblins and gold and magic!”

“Or it could lead across a body of water like most bridges do!”

“It could be an escape passage during the zombie apocalypse!”

“Which was really just people's imaginations over thinking what a bridge is!”

“There's probably a safe shelter right over there with zombie-proof iron!”

“Or regular iron.”

“ It could be a passageway over a hard time in life!”

“Okay, that sort of makes sense, but you're still over thinking this!”

“ I've always wondered how people build such grand bridges.”

“They use hammers and metal and other stuff.”

“But how do they keep the huge bridge up without it falling down?”

“I don't know, but who cares?”

“Maybe they use their imagination.”

“How on Earth could that possibly work?”

“I wonder if real bridges inspired the dental bridge.”

“Where are you getting these things!”

“We should be playing Bridge right now.”

“ No, we shouldn't.”

“Or listening to a song with musical bridges!”

“What?”

“I think connecting is the best part of a bridge.”

“So?”

“I can connect our conversation to something else one day.”

“Sure you will.”

“Perhaps I'll go on a field trip and investigate bridges at some point in my life.”

“Yeah, right.”

“Then we'll have to write about a type of bridge and I can use this conversation to my benefit.”

“Of course you will.”

“And it'll be easier for me because I thought about it in advance.”

“Well... then... I could possibly use this idea.”

“But then some people will try and copy my idea, but I actually knew what happened.”

“Hey!”

“Just saying.”

Bridge Reader

Plenty of Bridges,

Plenty of People.

Bridges are made to suit people,

Which they do.

People cross them,

Without even simple thought

to what has happened

to that bridge,

so that those people could cross it.

But, who would think

about that?

It's nothing but a bridge,

bridges don't have feelings,

they can't feel

even cars go over them.

There's nothing to think about

with bridges,

so why waste your time

thinking about them.

Some people are

scared of them.

Why?

They mean nothing

at all.

But there is someone

who feels for them,

hurts for them.

There's a person

who see's beyond

everyone else,

they see what the

Bridge's see.

How do they see what the bridges see?

I don't know,

your going to have to ask them

because, well

I love them

to much to tell

their secrets.

But, they probably

won't tell you

because

they don't know you.

They only know a few people

because the bridges

everywhere is what keeps

them, they can't help

but feel for them.

It's what they were

brought to this world for.

This person

doesn't talk a lot,

but feeling for the bridges

that takes a lot

so I do what I can

and telling you their secrets

would ruin me

because as I said

I love them to much

to do that to them.

Bridge Writing

Dsla la yellow

Bridge up Bridge down

Bridges up Bridges down

flat, tall, skinny, small

in every town

all around

water shimmerng

ducks swimming

birds flying

cars coming in every direction

as they go by

all they see is

Bridge up

Bridge down.

Bridge up Bridge down

thats all they do

like green like red light

as all the people in their cars shout

COME ON YOU STUPID BRIDGE!

Hurry Up!

As the bridge slowly moves

for the boats going under

for the people watching and seeing the animals who live around the

Bridge up Brigde down

Living by the Bridge

Living by the bridge is

watching the animals who live by the bridge

watching the people in the cars zoom by

people fishing

people swimming

the birds looking for food

the sound of the boats motors going by

other people you cant see but here the yell of excitement of that

“Big Catch”

dogs barking at the birds

and the people trying to control the dogs

Living by the Bridge

is living in a peaceful world

full of sounds, smells, and sights

Living by the Brigde

I can see it

in the distance

very very

far away

what is this bridge to

it is to the truth

but

for the truth

you need

to be able

to face what

is on the other side

it is a bridge

to all truth

and wonder

and freedom

Bridge jumping is something that's fun and a lot of people think that it is scary when it really isn't. To me when I bridge jump its feels like a rush to cold air around me, some people say that they feel like they can fly and some people say they don't feel anything like that. It depends on what type of bridge that you jump off of. If you jump of a small one like the one at the harbor then its not as fun, if you jump off a big one like Sagamore bridge then its a lot of fun and you feel a rush.

Some people like to jump off of bridges that are low and some people like the higher ones. My favorite is the higher ones because its more fun. The highest bridge that I have jumped off of is the Sagamore bridge. The way that its so high off the ground makes it the more fun of jumping off of it. Some people don't like the tall ones because you can get rashes or bad red marks from the water and they hurt. Also, people are scared of getting pulled into the current.

Bridges

a connection between civilizations

they make us one

yet there are many holes

not just physically but mentally

there are holes in our mind

we don't think we

we think us and them

we are one

we live in harmony

a connection between civilizations

Bridges

We built

then we break

we act as one

then we act as two

we are connected

then we are not connected

we are the same as everyone else

then we are different than everyone else

once you make a connection

you keep that connection

you feel that connection

then you live that connection

once you break a connection

you have to rebuild that connection

We build

then we break

Bridges

Bridges are :

Strong

Tall

Long

High up from the ground

Scary

Helpful

Useful

Grey

White

Green

Rusty

Any color

Hold up cars

Move up and down

Under

Water

Seaweed

Fish

Boats

Sea animals

Takes you from here to there

Now that is all about Bridges

Bridge jumping is an excellent pastime for the extreme. This awesome hobby involves jumping off of bridges (duh), but not off of bridges that are so high that is will kill you. For example, you would not jump off of the Golden Gate Bridge in California, because it would kill you to death. A good bridge to jump off would be Rye Harbor Bridge.

The first time I ever went bridge jumping was in the summer of fourth grade. On the last day of summer before fifth grade, one of my friends called me up and wanted to know if I wanted to go bridge jumping with him, and some friends. I thought “Why not? It sounds fun.”, so I quickly agreed. Because it was my first time, we went to Rye harbor Bridge, and we jumped off of it 20 times. This was one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had. I began going bridge jumping more and more.

The highest bridge that I have ever jumped off of was Sagamore Bridge, or “The singing Bridge”, connecting Portsmouth with downtown Portsmouth. This bridge does not appear high, until you are about to jump. One you are there, you begin having second thoughts about jumping. I still jumped once, and it was totally worth it.

All in all, bridge jumping is a super fun thing to do for those who like swimming, and scaring themselves with the height.

BOOK                                              AUTHOR                            GENRE

Lord of the Flies ..............................William Golding ................... Realistic Fiction

Mister Monday ......................................Garth Nix ...........................Fiction

King Dork ..........................................Frank Portman ...............Realistic Fiction

The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod .............Heather Brewer ....................Fiction

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy ............Douglas Adams .............Sci-Fi/Humor

Bridge Jumping

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Soar,

Spin,

Splash,

Swim,

Stand,

Step,

Walk,

Wipe,

Wind,

Chilly,

Climb,

Calm,

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

'People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.' ~ Joseph Fort Newton ~

As I walk along the cold paved road with my feet going pitter patter

splashing in the puddles

from all the rain that has been falling down from the dark gray sky.

I see just ahead through the brick thick fog

a bridge that has stood their for as long as I've known.

It stands tall and long

connecting two lands split by a river.

When I am standing on the bridge I can feel through my shoes

the vibration a car or a train would make when it went over

but it's not from a car

and it's not from a train.

It is from the rushing river that's just below a bridge.

On a cold fall day like today you would freeze if you would fall in.

So I hold on tight to the railing.

My hands are so cold from the freezing metal but I keep hold.

I come to the bridge to think

just to think.

To think about everything and nothing.

As I leave I look at the river once more

then turn away and walk back the way I came

on the cold paved road with my feet going pitter patter.

Bridges are like staples.

They connect pieces of paper as

bridges connect land.

Bridges are like skyscrapers.

They reach high into the sky

like bridges, impressive structures that

amaze the human eye.

Bridges are like an odor.

They are strong and have the ability to

hold thousands of pounds.

Bridges are like a good friend.

They are reliable and trustworthy. People trust

that they are safe when crossing it.

Bridges are like sandpaper.

Some are bumpy and rough and some are

fine and smooth.

Bridges are like hope.

It is always there, ready and alert,

night and day.

Until a somber day when the bridge had finally collapsed.

Collapsing Memories

By: NHKA

Metal arms reaching out of the water,

Arching; connecting with each other,

rolling steamers and hunks of iron

painted peeling and rusting.

Old wisps of memory's of shining steel

and bright bronze paint and new transportation

news all over and now coming to an end

human arms reaching out to help

R:Rapid

D:Deployment

B:Bridge

The noise gets louder as the mountains rumble and the water splashes

The RDB comes over the river like a tank but wait it is a tank

There is no stopping it, it goes over everything now:mountains,woods and water

As the tank puts down its tracks over the water and turns the open river into a place where there is a bridge

Once it is done it retrieves the bridge and holds it again

There it goes again mountains rumble and the water splashes!!!

A Poem

Bridge of Failure

Bridge of Hope

Bridge over Nothing

That Seems to Float

Bridge of Darkness

Made of Light

a Bridge to Haven

Or a Bridge to Hell

Bridge of Outcasts

and of those who Dwell

Some with morals.

But most without.

Monsters versus Angels

Bridgers versus Voyagers

Dark versus Light

Bridges

Bridges are fun cause. . .

A rainbow is like a bridge

They've a pot o' gold. . .

. . .on the other side!

A bridge is many different things for many different people it could be an event or your life is a bridge or it can even be something small. To me a bridge is hundreds of things, but one thing that really stands out is the books I have read for the last couple of years. Each book is the beginning of a new bridge and each time you finish a book there is always a new bridge waiting to be crossed. This is very similar to life which is always a challenge and each bridge is very different from the next, harder or longer than each other. When your life is over and you have crossed the last bridge you should think to yourself not how many you crossed but how many you could have crossed with your abilities.

Bridge Jumping

Bridge Jumping is fun

In the afternoon sun

It's always scary the first one

After you jump once you want to do it a ton

You feel like bullets from a gun

Until you're outdone

Even though it feels like you just begun

When most people hear the word bridge the first thing that comes to mind is a structure that connects one part of land to another. This is true. A bridge also connects one point in life to another. Going from a child to a teen, or a teen to an adult is a bridge. These bridges are broken after you cross, though. Many people have Gephyrophobia; the fear of bridges. Most people believe this comes from Claustrophobia; the fear of being in small places, or Acrophobia; the fear of heights. This is also true. I believe that the fear of physical bridges ties in with the fear of metaphorical bridges. Most people either cross bridges eager and willing or totally reluctant. You are either eager to get on with that point in your life or reluctant. You are most likely aware that the bridge is going to brake, for better or worse. This leads back to your fear of physical bridges. You know what's coming, but you don't know what comes with it.

Bridges

The 3 bridges that connect Portsmouth to Maine are The Piscataqua, The Memorial, The Sarah Mildred Longhorn. These Bridges are located in Portsmouth New Hampshire they are a main source of transportation Meaning they connect us to Maine so that it is easier to travel instead of having to try to go around the Marshes and The Piscataqua River. The Piscataqua Bridge is in average condition and does not need much attention compared to the other 2 bridges. The memorial Bridge is in very bad condition the big concrete blocks that hold it out of the water have sunk 82 feet into the bedrock. The Memorial bridge has 2 to 5 years left because of how bad its condition is. The Sarah Mildred Bridge has actually 6 to 7 years left on it but, it is in not as bad of a condition compared to the Memorial Bridge. These Bridges are important to Portsmouth and Maine and will have a giant impact on our economy and our daily lives but for now we will do what we can to keep our Bridges.

The Singing Bridge

Driving Driving Driving Along

You Drive Past the Traffic Circle

Driving Driving Driving Along

Out of Rye and into Portsmouth

Driving Driving Driving Along

Past the Golden Egg

Driving Driving Driving Along

Then Your There at The Singing Bridge

Your Wheels go onto the Bridge

Then Your Car

Suddenly

Its Like A Song

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hummmmmmm

A Beautiful Song

It fills your mind

You look out At the Water

See The Boats Pass By

While You Listen to That

Beautiful Song

A Beautiful

Beautiful Song

Then Your off The bridge

And That

Beautiful Beautiful Song

is Over

Bridges

If you listened to the many great giants of the land and sea, you may see that they are on their last beam. Rust has over come near to everything on their skin, leaving the once new and solid structure slowly crumbling to the ocean under neath. The sight is poor to see, but still beautiful in the 'old bridge way '. It may break, or it might shatter. It might fall, or it may dive, into the flowing salt water down beneath. Leaving the people with one less passage to the other side. Leaving some lives and routines broken for the time being. Lost in the memory of the long lived Memorial Bridge in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

The state of Maine, and the state of New Hampshire were arguing about what they are going to do with the Memorial Bridge. The Memorial bridge is an old and rusty bridge,that stands above the water,connecting to Kittery ME,and Portsmouth NH. It needs to be repaired. The people of Maine did not want to fix it or pay for it, but they wouldn't mind making it be a bridge for walkers and bikers only, and no cars. But, the state of New Hampshire said no, that would be too problematic for traffic. So New Hampshire is going to pay for repairs. The bridge is only going to last for about 2-5 years. It rises up to about 170 feet, when it needs to be lifted. It was dedicated in 1923 to the Veterans of World Ward I. The feet of the bridge have sunken in about 82 feet into the bedrock. The bridge is only one bridge out of the three bridges in the Piscataqua river. The other two are the Sarah Mildred Long Bridge, and the Piscataqua River bridge. In the summer, the bridge goes up about every half an hour to let boat traffic go under. The bridge will soon be repaired and will be safer for traffic going over.

Outline. You know it's there. It drifts in and out of view. You know it's there but will it come back. Moments pass and you wonder. It comes back from the dark but not fully it can't break free from it's dark chains. The rain falls breaking through the silents. The outline of black in gray stuck between what is and is not. The darkness fall and the outline darkens and bleeds to nothing as the rain falls where something the never was is.

WSRE

Portsmouth Bridges

The Bridges in Portsmouth are getting old including the Memorial and the Sarah Mildred Long Bridge or known as the middle bridge by the highway on the Piscataqua river bridge. I think they both look fine but all bridges have to come down sometime. I hear that the Memorial has 6% efficiency and it only has 2 to 5 years left. I guess it is getting really rusty in the last ten years. The middle bridge has 12% efficiency and 6 to 7 years left of use. They must replace these bridges if they are going to take them down. I think bridges are a beautiful thing and makes cities on the water light up at all times. I really like this quote, “We build to many walls instead of too many bridges.” I think what this person is saying is that it is better to open than close in life. The support of the bridge needs help and the current here is one of the strongest on the east I have heard and when I go out on a boat it rocks up and down. And the Sarah Mildred Long bridge is known as the middle bridge and that is what it looks like. The bridge is a double decker but only cars go on top and it looks really old and rusty and that bridge I think it needs to get replaced quicker than the Memorial because it looks worse. I think if they are going to take these bridges down they better spend the money and replace.

Once upon a time a kid in Kittery moved to Rye. Sometimes he would ride his bike to Kittery. Then one day the normal bridge he took was closed. He got wicked mad he went past the Macro Polo store down the road a very long ways and crossed the never-ending bridge he went to his friends house and by the time he got there he had chewed a whole pack of gum. He played video games and hung out w/ his friend until his mom told him to go home he got to the golden egg and then she picked him up there. When he got home he told his mom about the long trip across the bridge she then proceeded to tell him that his 2 trips across the never-ending bridge were pointless because the usual bridge he took was open to pedestrians and cyclists.

Gauridians

RHSH

All day's music of the green tower reaches the far borders of reality,

And stands true to the one deep blue call.

Stand up for the sky, and lower than ever before imangined.

Shout out the weight you carry,

Far more than the sky itself.

An enternity of labor,

Still the chourus rings out proud.

So stand tall the gauridians of passing,

and sing us a blessing forever.

So, first we brain stormed in L.A class about bridges. Then we took a walking field trip through Portsmouth and observed bridges. Then we went back to L.A class and had to come up with a writing piece about bridges. The result? This :P

BSAL

Bridges

Great metal structure, standing straight and tall,

Allowing us passage over the malevolent, abyssal mass,

Keeping us from a horrible fall,

While the chorus of bridges sings as we pass.

A magnificent, glowing sight,

Regal and intimidating, shining in the light,

We see the world below as if in flight,

The Earth's lights glimmer in the night.

Or so they say, that with each day,

While taking care to uphold us,

They quietly smile as we make our way,

With no prejudice, towards car, bike or bus.

Remember this, all who read,

While you would think it scary or unsafe, cold,

They only sing to their content, never will they need,

A furnishing or luxury, content 'til their days of old.

That's my poem, hope you liked it ;P