Copyright (c) 2014 by RJJO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RJJO -- Blogmeister

RJJO

Class of 2012-2013

by RJJO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Las figuras son grandes. Una civilizacion antigua les hizo. Ellos tienen forma de aves, peces, y otros animales. Estan en el desierto de Nazca. Solo pueden verse por el aire. Varian en tamano. Hay miles de figuras. Maria Reiche paso la mayor parte de su vida estudiando. Hay varias teorias acerca de por que se hicieron. Los Nazca personas desaparecieron hace mil anos.

In Social Studies we were asked to research and compare Romans and Germans. Then we had to put the information into a five paragraph essay.

Roman and Germanic Comparisons

Did you know that the Roman Empire covered at least 1/3 of Europe at its peak or that a Germanic tribe settled France? The Germans were several warlike tribes spread across Europe, and they were mainly farmers. First, you will read about the Romans’ trade empire to the Germans’ agricultural tribes. Then, you’ll read about the Germans’ rural tribes differ to the Romans’ urban empire. Finally you can learn about how there were many German tribes, but only one Roman Empire.

Our first comparison is comparing Rome’s trade to the Germans’ agriculture. First, the Romans are a trade empire because they had such a large empire they could get many things from different places and they won’t even leave the borders.The Germans are agricultural based because they are in clans which are much smaller than an empire so they must make their own food locally instead of trading to get food. Finally, Rome used to be an agricultural based, but then they got so big that they had no need to make food in Rome and instead they had a more agriculturally productive part of their empire make food for the empire and trade would allow food to be spread across the empire. These are the major differences between Rome’s trade and the German’s agriculture there are some other things, but they are not as big.

Now you can read about Rome’s vast and urban empire compared to the Germans’ separated rural tribes. First, the Roman Empire took up about a third of Europe and even went into parts of Asia and Africa. Second, the Romans were based in cities while Germans were in tribes. The roman cities were crowded and there were many people living in unhealthy conditions, while the Germans lived in semi-isolated villages in a little healthier conditions and it wasn’t as crowded. Finally, Rome was one empire while the Germans had several different tribes and clans. That is the biggest comparisons between the roman’s large urban empire and the small separated rural German tribes.

The last comparison is that there is one Roman Empire and many German tribes. The Roman Empire was a united empire that was still standing even when an emperor was killed. The Germans were many tribes that wouldn’t call themselves Germans. Finally, while the Germans lived in clans the Roman Empire was one massive empire. Those are the differences between the Germans and the Roman Empire when it comes to how many there are.

In conclusion we discussed many differences between the Germans and the Roman Empire. We learned that while the Romans had trade the Germans had to make their own food. Also we learned the differences between the Roman Empire’s urban based empire compared to the Germans rural tribes. Finally, we learned how the Romans and Germans compare when it comes to how many tribes or empires there were. These are some of the major or important reasons why the Romans were different from the Germans.

The battle I researched in social studies was the battle of Salamis. My group did did divide the work and I was responsible for the causes of the battle of Salamis. To find information on the battle I looked in a book that was about 100 famous battles.

Dear Mom and Dad,

We are doing a lot of fun and exciting projects and activities in math class. One of the fun and exciting things we are doing is the order of operations. We have done a lot of worksheets and we read about it a lot in the textbooks. One thing I find interesting about it is that brackets and parentheses are pretty much the same exact thing, the only two differences are that parentheses go first and parentheses are inside of brackets. Those are some things we are doing to help us learn about the order of operations in math class.

Another interesting thing we are doing in math class is frequency tables. It is practically a chart. We did a math points project on it but I didn't do it because I thought that it would take way to long. I've learned that you can make frequency charts on any thing. It can range from how many pets 5 people have to how long 500 people live. That is some things I've learned about frequency tables.

That is all for this letter thank you for reading.

From,

The most amazing child ever.

Town- Rye

County- Rockingham

State- New Hampshire

Region- New England/ Northwest

Country- United States of America

Continent- North America

Hemisphere- North Hemisphere/ West Hemisphere

Planet- Earth

Solar System- Sol Solar System

Galaxy- Milky Way Galaxy

Cluster- Local Cluster

Supercluster- Local Supercluster

Universe- Universe

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 06:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 114

Have you ever looked into your eye really closely because we did in science class.