Copyright (c) 2014 by TJLA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TJLA -- Blogmeister

TJLA

by TJLA teacher: Rye 8th Team

Nosotros sabemos que las líneas de Nazca son grandes y nosotros sabemos que las líneas de Nazca están en el desierto an el sur de Perú. Nosotros no sabemos de dónde vienen. Las figuras de Nazca están un misterio. Hay figuras de aves, peces y otros animales. Las líneas de Nazca están serie de figuras en la arena. Hay también figuras geométricas-rectángulos, triángulos y líneas paralelas. Sabemos que tienen unos tres o cuatro mil años de edad. Para ver las figuras es necesario tomar un avión. Me gustan las líneas de Nazca. Yo me gustan las figuras de aves.

EarthCast 2012

We were told to write a five paragraph essay comparing Germans and Romans.It had to be two pages long and have a lot of information in it like how the Germans had different ways of the law compared to the Romans ways of the law.

Germans against Romans

Germans looked tough and strong because they defeated almost every civilization, but this is how they trained and what they did in their everyday life. Germans were simple people that lived in small villages, they didn’t have a very good strategy for fighting though as they just waited and ambushed them. The Germans had a completely different lifestyle because the Romans were living in a great vast empire while the Germans were living in small huts and villages. They also had a completely different law as they tried to keep the peace; the Romans didn’t quite care about the peace.

The Romans were living in an immeasurable empire with great power and wealth, with people that were very civilized as the Germans were living in simple and small villages surrounded by farmlands and pastures. Each family lived in huts that they divided in half, one half for the family and the other half animal stalls; Romans had their own house that they didn’t have to share or anything. Germans kept animals in their houses because in the winter the animal’s body heat kept the place warm. Not a lot of villagers had furniture all they really had was stools and a small table, some wealthy villagers put up wall hangings and a carpet. They made their living herding cattle, which provided them food and clothing. Most of the farm work was done by women, children or enslaved people, Germans also believed in hospitality and they believed in it so much that it was against the law to turn away anyone at the door. Invited guests or complete strangers were welcomed, fed and entertained. The Germans spoken a language that later became modern German, although they could not read or write because their language had no alphabet.

All German men were warriors who spent most of their time fighting, hunting, and making weapons. They were divided into clans based on family ties and each clan had a chieftain who was the leader and each warrior gave great loyalty to their chieftain; Romans however would allow many people to battle and they would all fight together in one big group. In battle chieftain fought for victory and every warrior fought for their chieftain. They had no real plan of fighting; they would wait for the perfect time and raid their enemies as the Romans strategized and had complicated and smart ways to take down their enemy. The Germans loved to battle and that was closely linked to their religion. They had many gods and had a chief god named Wodan who was the god of war, poetry, learning, and magic. The other god of was Thor who was the god of thunder. The Germans also believed that if you died your soul would be taken by the goddess and take you to an afterlife where you would feast and battle forever.

Germans believed that the law came from the people and German rulers could not change the law unless the people approved of it, when the Romans had their laws changed many times almost every time they had a new leader. They based their laws on their ancestors and they did not write down their laws instead they memorized them and passed them down from parent to child. The Romans though wrote down their laws and actually made the 12 tablets to explain and show their laws and rules. The Germans did not like their people fighting with each other because they were afraid that the fighting would become worse and turn into blood feuds or two families that fight with each other for generations. If blood feuds got bad and they were accusing one another for something then they would take it to court to settle it. People would try to declare their innocence by oath or oath-taking and then they would be defended by oath-helpers, who swore that accused was telling the truth. Anyone who lied while taking an oath would be by the gods. People who couldn’t find oath-helpers would have their guilt or innocence decided by going through ordeals or severe trials. One trial was they would through the person into the river and if the sunk to the bottom they were innocent and if they stayed afloat they would be guilty. A person who was guilty was not always punished physically. Courts could impose fines called wergelds where you had to pay the other person; the exact amount of payment varied. The German legal system was not fair to all people. For instance a person’s wealth or importance determined the penalty rather than the seriousness of the crime. The German laws did however keep the peace between the people. The Romans did the same thing except they didn’t keep the peace as well as the Germans.

The Germans and Romans were very different in the way they lived and their lifestyle. The Romans had a more advanced army then the Germans because of the way they fought and their strategies. They had very different village life, the Romans living in an immense great vast empire while the Germans were living in small villages with a simple way of life. They had different laws as well as the Germans kept peace between the people and tried to make living a lot easier, the Romans however didn’t try as much as the Germans and didn’t have as well organized legal system. The Germans and Romans were both not fair as it came to the person’s wealth or importance instead of the seriousness of the crime that determined the punishment. These are the facts on Germans that might help you if you are trying to create your own civilization.

The battle i researched was the battle of marathon.

My group did divide the work and the part I was responsible for was important details. The way i found my information was on history.org and battle of marathon.gov.

Dear Mother,

I am going to tell three things I have done in math class. One thing I did was a probability experiment where we had to pick a certain thing that contains a bunch of little things; like a deck of cards, box of candy etc. You could also pick a partner and my partner was BJBA and we choose to do our experiment with spree's. We had 5 of 4 different colors red, yellow, orange, purple. We picked one out of a bag 100 times. That was what we did for our experiment.

Another experiment I did was in class we had to do a coin flipping experiment and there were 3 tables. The first table was to see what a penny would land on heads or tails and we did that 50 times. The second table was with 2 pennies and to see if they were both heads, both tails, heads and tails, or tails and heads. We also did that 50 times. The third table was with 3 pennies and to see if they all landed on heads, all tails, tails heads tails, tails tails heads, heads heads tails, heads tails heads, heads tails tails & tails heads heads. And we did that another 50 times.

Th last thing I am going to tell you is when we did order of operations and we had a bunch of pages on it some had exponents and parenthesis and some had just a lot of numbers on them but that was it.