MJMA

Roadkill 05/16/12
Science Valentine 03/16/12
My prezi 11/30/11
My Oats Art Picture 11/22/11
Module 1 11/03/11
Eye See You 09/12/11
Blog post 09/07/11

Title: Joe Flood / Project Safeguard (12/22/09)
Description: The students worked with Joe Flood for several classes in Life Skills. Their blogs should describe his program.

They also participated in Project Safeguard off site. The students' parents also participated in this day-long event. There were several workshops where students could attend sessions with their parents.

We had a program about Project Safeguard. Project Safeguard is about teens growing up. It helps us and our parents understand making decisions and how our lives are going change as we get older. we had different groups to go to. The groups had subjects to focus on like attitude,and changes. We got to stand up in one class and tell Ed Gerrity about what we will do when we get older. He told us not to say “we want” but say “we will!”. He told us to go home and make a dream board, and on that dream board to have what we will to do with our lives. He said not let people tell us we cant do it, if you set that goal in life its your goal, believe in your self. I think this program helped us stand up and take more control in our life, let us set better goals and set better examples for little kids. I think that it was a great idea to have Ed Gerrity come in he told us lots of stories of problems teens are having. I hope Ed Gerrity help other people and will always be in there head when he talks to people because he really changes a lot about people and how he explained things was amazing. Thank you everyone who helped us out with project safeguard and who was there they made it a great experience for us.

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 07:11 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 83

Project Safeguard was a day that we learned about having a good attitude, and making good choices. During Project Safeguard a few public speakers taught classes about choosing to have a good attitude. The speakers were very inspirational, and taught us a lot about various life lessons. We also participated in group games, that helped us learn about group dynamics.

At project safeguard I learned many things. Although you might face difficult things, it is important to keep a positive attitude. The speakers told us about their personal life stories, so that we could learn from their mistakes. I also learned that our attitudes are reflected on those around us, and that a simple smile can completely change someone's attitude. :)

A couple of weeks ago we had a program called Project Safeguard. I was out sick for the event, but there is an article about it here.

A few weeks ago we attended Project Safeguard. You ask, what is project safeguard? It is a day full of classes most of them fun. The classes were about communications, goals setting, and attitude. We had options of what classes we had. There were classes for kids and adults and both (kids and adults). I learned how to set goals, communicate a little better and how to have a better attitude. Special guests came into teach us. You can see a photo of us and a newspaper article @ http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20091208-NEWS-912080379.

Thank you for reading,

Hrma

In school we had a person named Joe Flood come in and talk about some very important subjects for our future lifetime. Joe Flood is a ex-alcoholic, he has been to rehab for a couple of years in his life but now that he quit he does not do drugs anymore. He told us stories about teenagers, drugs and how it affected their lives.

When Joe Flood was talking to us, he said some very key point things about smoking and drinking. This was very important for me because he talked about the brain and the 6 stages of how drinking and smoking can cause you to die at some point. The very last stage is the stage where you are no longer alive. It is very sad to know the a lot of people in the world die from drinking too much.

I am very thankful to learn about drinking and smoking because I learned now that I have to be cautious about it for when I get older. Not only do I have to be cautious, but I have to be cautious around my friends because I don't want them them to encourage me into doing drugs. Thanks for reading!!!

When we went to Project Safeguard we had four classes. Two in the morning, then lunch, and then two more classes. We learned about having a good attitude when times are tough and how to get through those tough times. The speakers were very inspirational and definitely knew what they were talking about. Most of the speakers had great examples and different stories. I had really fun at Project Safeguard and will remember it. :)

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 02:17 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

Joe Flood taught us a lot of things about alcohol and drugs. But one thing I really thought was good and important to know was when he taught us about the 6 sort of lights you have in your brain. He showed us when there are 4 lights you are asleep when there are 3 you're sort of drunk. When there's 2, you're passed out and when there's 1, you are in a coma and then you most likely die. This all happens when you drink too much alcohol at a party. It's just like if you had one chip when there was a whole bag of them in front of you you have a craving for more. So even if you say you're only going to have one drink, you end up having like 3-4 because of your craving and then you could pass out and die...not good.

Then he taught us FACTS which stood for Family Age Craving Tolerance Surroundings. Family for checking your family background to see if you have any alcoholism in your family. Age for being the right age over 21 to drink. Craving as your craving for alcohol just like the bag of chips. Tolerance for tolerating how much you drink. Surroundings for your friends and every day life that's surrounding you.

Joe Flood was really good and made me really understand alcohol and what could happen when you drink under age and drink too much. Thank you!!

Article posted December 23, 2009 at 02:49 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

I  think he did a good job because he did not get off the topic.  I liked when he  talked about how  you get attached  to drugs it is really hard to stop. Joe  said  inside in your head there are lights and if some of the of the lights  turn off and part of your body turn off . If some of your lights turn off, it is bad for you. When your lights go out you body does too.

A few weeks ago, a man named Joe flood came to our school to talk to us about the abuse of alcohol and drugs and their repercussion they can cause on somebody's life.

He talked about the ways to help people when they are too drunk to act for themselves, underage drinking, and alcoholism. He also spoke about drugs & alcohol, their effects, and how they affect the pleasure center of the brain:The drug travels through the bloodstream after being ingested and reaches the brain. It then triggers a release of chemicals that makes your brain portray pleasure . After feeling pleasure, the brain wants more of whatever caused the brain pleasure, also called a craving. Every time you experience it, you need more than you needed it before to satisfy your brain. That's how you get addicted. Your brain keeps wanting more, and there's nothing you can do about it...

HHMA

12/22/09

Project Safeguard/ Joe Flood

What I learned in project safeguard and while seeing Joe Flood may have been the biggest keys to having a great life. Joe flood gave a really great drug and alcohol talk because he had an addiction to both and he told us what actually happens when you use those products. He told us how the brain reacts to either of the products and what parts of the body that it damages. Project safeguard told us how to work through problems in the every day life.

Joe flood came and saw us in Life skills for two weeks for two ninety minute periods. He told us there are six phases of alcohol poisoning the first one is shutting down thought, the sixth one is shutting down the brain. Joe Flood also told us by the age of twenty five, eight out of ten people our addicted to drugs or alcohol, That is a big amount. He also told us that any chemical that goes in your blood stream to your brain is a drug because it does the same thing as an actual drug. Joe Flood really gave some great advice, he really knows what he's doing.

At project safeguard the one person who I was really inspired by was Ed Gerrity. He told us that a person who has a picture of their dream job in their bedroom is eight teen times more likely to get their dream job. Ed Gerrity told us to put a “dream” board somewhere in your house where you look at a lot. He said it reminds us of our goals and reminds us how much we want to achieve them. That is inspiration right there!!! Ed Gerrity gave me amazing advice and I will achieve my dream. Thanks Ed Gerrity=http://

Article posted December 23, 2009 at 02:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

Last month Joe Flood came to our life skills class for two weeks. He shared with us different things about drug and alcohol abuse and how your brain reacts to the drug. He taught us a lot of new things. Joe Flood taught me a lot like, the different parts of the brain and what they do to when too much drugs are put in your body. He drew a simple picture of the brain and the 6 different lights in it. And how they worked. He also talked about his past and the awful things he did to his self. He also said that being a drug attic or alcoholic can run in your family .

Joe Flood talked about a lot of more things and I learned a lot of new and useful information.

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 02:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

Joe Flood came to our school to talk about drugs and alcohol. He told us when you get addicted to drugs it is extremely hard to stop. He said that when you take drugs your brain likes it so the more you take it the more the brain is going to like it and get used to it. So when the brain starts to get used to it your brain wants it so you get addicted because your brain really wants it. If your families history doesn't have any bad use of drugs then if you take drugs you would have less of a chance of you getting addicted.

When you get drunk your brain slowly starts to shut down. The first part that shuts down is thinking. You start to stop thinking about what you are doing or going to do. You could do something that you would never do if you knew what you were doing. Then safety turns off. When safety turns off you can do more things that you wouldn't and also you can get alcohol poisoning. Your body wants to get the bad stuff out so it makes you throw up, but you are passed out before this stage started so when you throw up you cant get it all out so you chocke on your own throw up and you can die.

A way to stop you from chocking is well you would be passed out but if your friends bring you outside then you can survive. Another way to stop you from dieing is not getting drunk. If your underage don't drank because when your older and you want to drank you might not get addicted. When you are younger you have a bigger chance of getting addicted. If you are old enough to drank then you can just don't drank 15 glasses of beer. Don't do something that you know will be bad.

Joe Flood did good at explaining to dangers of drugs. He explained stuff so everybody could understand. Joe Flood did a good job explaining stuff about drugs.

During Joe Floods presentation, it really hit me hard of what the side effects are from drinking. He also gave us some advice to look at your family background for drug addiction, and an alcohol addiction. I have really looked at my background because I really never thought that it was that important. His story's and advice really made me think that even though if your family doesn't have any addiction, you could still get addicted.

One of the topics that Joe talked about was the “lights in your brain”. There were six lights that helped you. The first light was your thinking light. If that one went out you would say yes to anything. All of the accidents always lead to that one light that went out. Then the last light was death. Your friends are the most important thing to you because they could help you if that happened. But if they didn't know what to do then that wouldn't help at all. He told story's about people who drowned in they're own vomit, when people went in to coma. Those story's shocked me because I didn't know that drinking could do that much abuse to you.

Project safe guard helped me because it taught me different ways to just start my day in a nicer way. To change things or to jut get people happy, just by walking differently. Ed Gerrity, he just changed my life by talking in a happier mood. He told me how to speak to get me going, to set a goal. He told stories of people who just put pictures on their wall and look at it while they did their homework, telling themselves why they were doing this hard work. It all payed off. When he was done speaking, I wanted to go out and buy a poster of a college that I wanted to go to.

Those two topics that we went to or had visit us were helpful and useful for when we get older. To be wiser, and confident about our lives. Or to be smarter of how much we drink, or who we go out and hang with. If people are pushing you to do that or putting you down. Put them out of your lives, put them in a box if you will and store them away. They are just making your lives worse. Joe and Ed both went through those things that they were telling us to do or to think about. They have experienced it. Its dangerous and could kill you no matter how safe you try to be. The things that they said were important to keep and I will never forget.

Thank you,

FHSO

Joe Flood is a man who is from a organization that is meant for going to schools around the world teaching kids not to do drugs and alcohol. He came to our school and talked about all the things we shouldn't do like drugs and alcohol. He came about 2 weeks ago and had 4 lessons with us talking about his life with alcohol and drugs. He said his life before was a great life until he was a freshman in high school. He had hung out with boys a grade higher then him. Then one day he saw his friends smoking and doing all these drugs. They kept insisting his to try them so he finally said yes. After that day, he was known as the class drunk. All he did after school was drink and do drugs. He was now in his 30's, he had gotten married and had children but was still doing drugs and alcohol. He ended up getting a divorce and he was still doing drugs and alcohol. He didn't even care because he was more interested in his alcohol and drugs. Until one day one of his friends introduced him to an AA meeting, (Alcoholics Anonymous) to help him stop drinking and doing drugs. He has been sober and clean for over 15 years.

I loved Joe Flood because he's not like other people like your mom and dad saying don't drink and don't do drugs, because he has actually experienced what happens when you drink and do drugs. He really inspired me to make more better choices in life because of his lessons. I would love for him to come back and do more lessons with us.

Flood

When I knew that Joe Flood was coming to our school, I thought he was going to be just another person that was going to say, “don't do drugs” or “just say no”. Well it isn't easy to just say no when you are addicted to alcohol! Well he didn't say a lot of that, he took a different approach that beat anyone's explanations. He put responsibility in our hands. He said, “I'm not going to tell you to not take drugs, all I want you to do is to make sure before you pick up a drug you know what is going into you. Joe was a heavy alcoholic and drug addict when he was a boy all the way into his adult hood. It took him 20 years before he could officially say no to drugs. He also uses analogies to describe how your body works when drugs are introduced. He said "your brian is like a bunch of lights and everytime you consume to much alcohol a light goes out." You shouldn't have to go through life guessing what is write or wrong, you should listen to a person like Joe. It is healthy to go through drills like I did so you can get reminded to do the write thing! So before you "Flood" yourself with drugs, get the facts. 

This year in school the life skills class took the time and gave Mr.Flood a chance to help us understand the effects of drugs and alcohol. I learned many different things in the classes with him and I think he did a good job at it. He was the perfect man for the job. This is because he is an X alcoholic so he knows firsthand what its like. This firsthand experience helped us learn and him teach because he actually lived it so I guess it kind of had more meaning to me than a regular doctor regular doctor saying “don't drink cause bad things would happen”.

This article is about Joe flood. Joe Flood is a man who cam into our school to talk to us about drugs ad alcohol. He came in to talk to us but that because he is now sober and told us how bout it nearly ruined his life. He said that its not bad to drink once you are over 21 but it is not good to drink a lot like he did. He told us that people took drugs and alcohol to relive stress but not in a very good way. Some people that took to much alcohol could go unconscious or it could even lead to death. The main reason why he came to talk to us is because it could keep our lives on the right track. If you went to a high school or college and you took drugs and drank you could be kicked off your sports team. All he really wanted to put across our minds is think before you do things like that.

Article posted December 23, 2009 at 02:58 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

In November, Joe Flood came to our school to teach us about drugs and alcohol. He told us that we shouldn't ever take drugs, and that we should drink carefully when we are 21 and over. He also said we should not drink underage, and told us stories about what happens when you are irresponsible. He also told us about what can happen by explaining it instead of stories.

We saw him 4 times in 2 weeks in our Life Skills room, and we learned a lot. He has been to a lot of schools to talk to kids our age.

He told us about when you drink, it's like little lights go off in your head. There are 6 lights, and the more that go out the more dangerous it gets. When all your lights are out, you're dead. When you sleep, the first 2 lights go out. Then were thinking and motor skills, because you don't move or think correctly in your sleep. It's like when you get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night you start tripping over things and you can't stand up straight.

Then, in December, we went to the church down the street from our school. There was a thing called “Project Safeguard” there. While we were in Project Safeguard, we learned all about how to resolve conflicts with our friends and our family. We also learned about how you can change your attitude, and that it was a choice. You can choose to be happy or sad. In another one of the classes we took, we learned team building activities, and all about how to set goals and make a dream board. For lunch we got Moe's Subs, yogurt, chips and juice. Then we went to more classes. Each class was 1 hour long. Our parents got to come with us. My mom was only in one of my classes. Every one had lots of stories to tell us, and after it was over we went back to school to take the bus home.

For the past two weeks in Life skills class we have been learning about the importance to know about drugs and what they do to your body. Also we have been fortunate to have a guest come and talk to us about it, which is Mr. Joe Flood. He has talked to all ages of kids and teens and shared some of his stories with us. Joe Flood has taughtt us about also having alcohol and what it does to your body if you have too much. Some of the things he taught us was if u have too much alcohol it could damage your brain And if you have more you could get addicted to it. Joe flood has taught us a lot about making safe chooses and we appreciate him coming and talking to us.

Article posted December 23, 2009 at 02:59 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

In November we went to the church and did project safeguard. We took different classes, the first one that I took let's communicate, it was about parents and their children communicating. First we wrote down a question, like why do parents always want to know every little thing that we do and are doing? And then the parents would answer the questions and try to tell the kids why they do these things. The parents would do the same ask a question and we would answer. We did other activities like we got a card, and held it up on our head and we couldn't know what it was unless someone told us, but we couldn't talk. It was fun and I had a good time at let's communicate. For the next class I went to get an attitude. There was a motivational speaker there and he talked to us about being positive and that kind of thing. I really liked it because he was funny and very energetic. I had fun at project safeguard.

For two weeks Joe Flood came to talk to us about drugs and alcohol and what they do to your body and how they're bad for you. But the interesting thing about him was that he used to be an alcoholic and a drug addict, so he was really experienced in why not to do it. He taught us about our brain he used a medafore, it was that we had six lights on in our brain and when we start drinking or doing drugs a lot if we do a lot at one time the first light turns off and that's thinking, and then the second light turns off, and then the third, and so on. He said it was dangerous for the lights to go off. He asked me what I thought was the light that turned off and that's when it started getting dangerous, I said the second or third, but I was wrong, I should have said the first. He told us a story about how a girl was drunk, she was about 16-17, and she was drunk and she woke up in her bed with no clothes on, and she couldn't remember much, her friends told her she went to her house with a guy. So it can get really bad, because she was drunk her first light turned off, her thinking light, and normally she wouldn't do that kind of thing, but her thinking light was off and she thought it was a good idea, but it was more like the alcohol thought it was a good idea. He told us many more stories, we saw him for 4 classes and I learned a lot of stuff.

Our whole grade and our parents went to project safeguard. We learned how to communicate and how to resolve conflict. We did exercises to help show the other peoples point of view. For example we had a picture of an ink splotch and we told everyone what we saw and we explained it. We learned how to solve problems on our own and without hurting any ones feelings. For example if saw we get in a fight with our parents we could learn how to solve it without anyone's feelings getting hurt. We learned how to respect our self, respect others and build self esteem. We also played fun team building exercises like cool bummer. We also played a game where we had to have someone jumping inside a long jump rope and we had to somehow find a way to get everyone to the other side of the rope without anyone touching the rope. We had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

A couple weeks ago a dude called Joe Flood came in and talked to us in life skills about drugs and alcohol. He began with the phrase “I am a alcohol and drug addict”. I kinda freaked, but then he went on to talk about how he had recovered with therapy and stuff. He had been on both drugs and alcohol since he was 14, and was addicted for like 27 years.

When he talked to us, his method wasn't to tell us something like “don't do drugs or you will be killed to death”, he treated it as if he was giving us the choice, but was biased against drugs and alcohol, and with good reasons he explained to us. “the brain has six parts”, he said “when you sleep, two parts of it shut down, when you die, they all go out”. He explained the order in which they are shut down by alcohol, and that drugs will push the brain aside to make room for their own chemicals.

So he explained how drugs trashed his life, and his brain, and his body, and all that stuff. He didn't directly tell us “don't do drugs”, but his method was terrifying, and showed how terrible drugs were, and how terrible you would end up if you did them, or drank too much alcohol, or both, or anything.

Article posted December 23, 2009 at 02:54 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 57

Joe Flood was really fun I had a great time and learned a lot!! He really could relate to us. I learned mostly about how alcohol can mess up your life. You can loose your family and friends, your job. It's not a great thing to fool around with. Same thing with drugs you can loose all those things and more. I think this is a great activity for the school and everyone.

I learned about the six parts of your brain and what alcohol and drugs can do to them. Say your at a party and a friend asks you if you want a beer. If you say yes and have one you need to have another because your brain likes that feeling. You have another and another and you start hallucinating, and you have some more, eventually you will pass out. Alcohol is bad for you until your liver is fully developed. 21 is the magic number. I really benefited from this.

This workshop really reached out and helped me and my friends. If you are reading this you should try to get Joe to come to the near you. He really opened my eyes to the subject and now I know what to look out for. Thanks Joe.

In seventh grade we took four classes in life skills about drugs and alcohol. Joe Flood, a sober drug addict and alcoholic came in to talk about making good choices, he also told us about his life and what he got involved in. Joe talked to us a lot about the brain and how it works. When the alcohol gets into your brain, the brain likes it and it wants more.

I learned that young kids can get addicted to drugs and alcohol easier than some older people. Also that younger people's liver isn't fully developed so if they have too many drinks or too much alcohol, they could easily get alcohol poisoning and you could die from that.

I will not get addicted to drugs or alcohol, and I have learned a lot from Joe and think that it is great when he came in to talk to us, because nobody talked to him about it.

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted December 23, 2009 at 03:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

A couple of weeks ago, Joe Flood came to our school. Joe flood is a man who talks to students about alcohol. I think that he was an extraordinary teacher, he taught us in a way that we could understand. He has been to all sorts of schools before, and has lots of experience. Actually, he was an alcoholic himself, so he could describe being an alcoholic perfectly.

Joe taught us a lot, especially the steps of becoming an alcoholic, and what happens when you drink a lot of alcohol. At the bottom of this page is one of the pictures that he used to explain what happens when you have too much alcohol. He explained having too much alcohol as each time you have another dose, another light shuts off in your brain. In my picture each of the yellow circles are light bulbs, and it shows the stages of what happens.

This was a very good way to learn and it definitely convinced me to NEVER become an alcoholic.

We went to project safeguard at the Rye Congregational Church. It was very fun and educational.  We had some great speakers and met some nice people. They shared some great advice and funny stories. I learned so much and ha d a great time!

Joe Flood came to our school 3 weeks ago to talk to us about using drugs and alcohol. He himself used to be addicted to it. All of his family members died of it. He is the only survivor. He told us about how unhealthy it is to use them and what the consequences were of using them and how it effects your brain and the 6 stages of alcohol. The last 2 stages can kill you. He told us stories about other people dying because the alcohol got to the last stages and the parents of the kid was not educated about the 6 stages.

Joe Flood is an alcoholic. He came to our school to tell us about the dangers of drugs. He taught us about how they affect our brains and how important our brain is.

The thing that will really stick in my mind is how he explained what Alcohol does to your brain. First it takes out the thinking part of your brain. Then it goes to motor skills. After that it destroys the part of your brain that takes care of safety. Next, you lose consciousness, then you go into a coma. Finally you, die.

Recently we had Joe Flood come into our life skills class, He is a guy who goes from school to school talking to kids about drugs. He is such an expert on this because he did many drugs in his 20's and 30's. When he came in he did not just tell us loads of facts he told us many stories he had heard or witnessed of what drugs can do to your body and brain. He made things very easy to understand for our age level. He always told us how if you wreck your brain you can get a new one but it wont be you when its done, it will be the person who got their brain removed. Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs,it can make you blackout which is where you're awake but when you fall asleep you wont remember what happened.

Our grade went to project Safeguard last week which is a one day program where we learn how to communicate and talk to our friends and family when a conflict arrives. It was a really good experience and everyone learned a lot. Our parents came in and we had Moe's Subs for lunch. The program was held at Rye Congregational Church. There were 4 different classes available in the morning, and 2 classes where we separated the parents and kids in the afternoon. It was a really fun day all in all, and everyone learned a lot and had a good time.

Our school had the opportunity to go to “Project Safeguard” in December. It was located at the Rye Congregational Church. “Project Safeguard” is a day of activities for students and parents. It has two morning activities, lunch, and two afternoon activities, and a closing assembly for all of the students. The two morning classes are of the students choice and the two afternoon classes are required.

The classes consist of different techniques to look at things in a better way and handle situations differently. One of the classes was called “Get An Attitude”. It was about how to look at a bad thing and make it a better thing. The class showed you different scenarios in life and what you might do about them. There was another class about conflicts. It taught you about handling a scenario with someone else. The class showed you how to take a bad situation and try to work it out with both people. There were other classes along with these ones, that were all going towards the same thing.

The two afternoon classes were nice. The first one was about being grateful for what you had (sight, strength, hearing, talking) and it also taught you to say “I will...” instead of “I would like”. It also talked about your future and what you would like to do with the rest of your life. The second class consisted of teamwork games. One of the games was called “Cool Bummer”, which was also the title of the class. It was about trading items, and the only words you could say were Cool and Bummer.

The closing assembly was nice. It was about being grateful and caring for one another. It really made me take another look at life. I also felt very grateful for those things that you don't normally think about, like sight, hearing, walking, talking and many other things.

Joe Flood is a alcoholic and drug addict, he was very informative on what happens to you when drugs come into your life and how it affects you. Joe Flood is a very nice person he was telling us one of his stories about when he was in high school and he said he was a shy kind of of guy and one day before the dance he was out in the parking lot with his friends and they asked if he wanted a drink and he said yeah sure and by the end of his senior year he was having a 6 pack and that's when it all started. Joe Flood was very inspiring from all the rehabilitation and his addiction and I thought he was really cool!

Joe Flood came into our school and talked to us about smoking and alcohol. He told us that alcohol is not good for us. You can die from it because it gets into your brain and damages it. Smoking is bad because it does not give you a healthy lifestyle. Smoking makes you sick in your lungs and you can even get lung cancer.

Joe Flood wants to let the kids at Rye, New Hampshire know that smoking and alcohol use is not good for you. He knows this because he has done it before. I learned to never smoke and drink. You can drink a little bit but you can’t drink too much because you can damage your body. I am glad that Joe Flood came into our school because I learned a lesson. And I want to talk to my uncle about smoking. I really wish he would stop smoking because it is not good for him and I love him!

Thank you for reading.

Project Safeguard was a day when the 7th grade went to the church. We had certain classes and we learned about how to get along with each other and be happy about ourselves. We had 4 classes and each of them were different. A few people came to teach each of the classes. They taught us how to have a good attitude. They were very inspirational.

During project safeguard I learned that whatever you want to become making a dream board will help you accomplish whatever you set your mind to. A dream board is a board with a bunch of pictures of your goal on it. I also leasrned that if you are angry at someone you can arm wrestle that person to calm yourselve down instead of hitting them or yelling.

Thats what I learned at project safeguard.

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 07:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47

Joe Food came to our school to tell us, the 7th grade the hazards of drugs an d alcohol. From being a user of those materials himself for about 28 years, he has come it to tell the our 7th grade the lessons he has learned. And that what could happen to kids who use drugs at a young age. For example, a girl's boy-friend had died from alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning is when your liver gets too much alcohol in it, and poisons it. They were at a party and hadn't had any alcoholic drink because they were too young. Then the girl decided to leave because it was getting late. But he stayed, and played games that had the player either drink some beer/wine or do something else. He died after he got home.

Joe also taught us what smoking does to you. And how drugs get you addicted. He told us to ask our parents about the drinking and smoking background of our family because there is a better chance of you to become an alcoholic if there were people in your family who were. I remember him telling us that we had the choice to try it, and it was up to us. This call was interesting and helpful for the future.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20091208-NEWS-912080379

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 07:17 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 40

A few weeks ago, a man named Joe Flood came into the Rye Jr. High school to talk to the 7th grade students. Joe has been coming into the school for several years, and visits a lot of other schools to talk to students about drugs and alcohol. Joe Flood is a 70 year old sober alcoholic that went down the wrong path in life. Joe lost his family, his home, his business, and friends all because of drugs and alcohol. He talks to students about how drugs and alcohol can mess up your life, and if you are not careful, it can kill you.

When Joe flood was 13, he got hooked on drugs, and when he was 15, he got into alcohol. By the time of high school, he was an alcoholic and a drug addict. He then went to collage and got a great job as a hotel manager . He had a lovely wife and six children. But he lost all of that to lying about his alcohol problems. He did drugs behind his family's back 's and lost his family, and his job.

He talked to us about our brain and how it has six rooms in it. He also talked to us about how we could kill ourselves with alcohol by choking on our vomit. Joe flood is a man who can really change your opinion on what you think of drugs and alcohol. He has a sad story, and does not wish that that will soon turn into our lives. He talks to us, not to manipulate our doings, but to knowledge them.

JOE FLOOD

Joe Flood is an alcoholic that has been sober for about 30 years. He talks to children of all ages about making good decisions in life. He talked to us about stories that will help us in life.

I thought it was cool because he was sort of like what I am. He said he was a hockey player making the Varsity team as a freshman and hanging out with older kids. I play hockey and will probably make the varsity team as a freshman. He talked about as we get older our liver gets use to alcohohol as we get older. Like aft5er like an ounce of alcohohol when you are a teenager you will pass out. He told us that if you get hooked on drugs early that means you have a lower chance of stopping when you might actually want to later on in life. He talked about getting hooked on stuff other than drugs. He said take a person that likes ice cream, no loves ice cream. Have them take one scoop of ice cream and not have another for an hour. 9 out of 10 people would have another scoop during that hour, and that one person that didn't, was probably thinking about the ice cream.

Joe Flood taught me a lot about drugs and to make good decisions in life. I hope I can remember all this important information.