BHBA-

by teacher: Rye Alumni
Roadkill 05/23/12
German and roman essay 05/03/12
My Voki 03/21/12
peloponnesian war 12/01/11
My prezi 11/29/11
Space Talk 10/12/11
My Eye 09/12/11

In Social studies we were asked to create a 5 paragraph essay comparing the Roman and German cultures.

The Germans Vs. The Romans

The Germans and the Romans were both very powerful and very unique and had many similarities. So it’s time to see who will win in Germans Vs. Romans. First, a bit about whom the Germans really are. The Germans did take part in the Roman life, but kept most of their own culture. They lived in villages surrounded by farmlands and pastures, and made a living by herding cattle, which also provides food and clothing. They also traded the cattle for other useful resources. Such as glass vessels, table articles, and jewelry. They also produced their own agricultural goods such as barley, rye, wheat, beans, and peas. But that's enough about the Germans. Now for comparisons between the two civilizations, there will be three comparisons, law, warriors and army, and everyday life. So who will it be? Germans or Romans?

The first comparison between the two is comparisons between the Law. Both the Germans and romans had their own system of law but they did have a few similar things that they do involving the law. The first similar thing was that they both had laws, and a way to keep order to their civilization. The Germans however, believed that the power came from the people unlike the romans who believed the emperor had all the power. The Germans also memorized their laws unlike the romans and the twelve tablets. Another thing that is similar in a way is that both Germans and Romans both had punishments for those proven guilty. Whether it be fines or death sentences. And that would end my first comparison, law.

The next comparison, warriors and army/military. Both civilizations had powerful military strengths. Except with the Germans, all men were warriors, while romans had their own army of individuals. They both spent a lot of time fighting and training. A Germanic military leader was called a chieftain, but for Rome it was a Consul. Both civilizations still had military leaders. Both were also very well equipped, and didn’t give up in battle in other words, both showed bravery.

The last comparison will be the comparison in everyday life. They both lived fairly different lifestyles. But they did have an organized system of trade, and grew their own agricultural products. The Germans had a very simple dress unlike the romans fancy lifestyle. The Germans also lived in simple homes while most romans lived in nice homes. And the romans enslaved many people. The Germans did not. So that will end my final comparison.

That is what I have to say about the Romans and Germans. The three topics were Law, military, and everyday life and as you can see they are very different than each other, but are also very similar in ways. In this battle of Germans Vs. Romans it would be a very hard side to choose and a very equal matchup. To see who truly is the better Empire.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 04:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

The war/battle that our group had for the prezi project was the peloponnesian war. During this project i think the group divided the work fairly well. I was responsible for finding the causes of the peloponeesian war. The way I found my information for the project was from using EBSCO host.

Have you really ever really looked at your eye?