Copyright (c) 2014 by JT Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JT -- Blogmeister

The JMan Warrior Blog

5A

by JT

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Title: 5A - Mrs. Branch (03/28/11)
Description: This is an Unassisted Personal Narrative, planned, written and typed in a 60-minute Writer’s Workshop.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 70

It was the first day at school and I was going to meet the principle with my parents. I wondered what is the school going to be like? Will the children be nice? Is the principle nice? I was going to find out soon.

When I went inside there was a woman with pajamas sitting on a desk. Weird I thought.

“This way please ,” she said

“Thank you,” my mom replied.

When I got inside Mrs. Branch’s office she was sitting there with her pajamas and a parrot perched on top of her shoulder. The office was filled with a pleasant smell; it smelled like cookies. She looked nice and looked like the kind of principle who encourages kids.

“Hello I suppose you are the new student” she said cheerfully

“Hello, yes she is the new student “my mom answered.

“Hi” I said shy like.

She looked at me warmly and asked me “It’s pajama day, do you want to wear your pajama?”

“OK I guess “I replied.

Then my mom and the principle started talking about where I should go (in class) and what we should know. I watched them and wondered who will be in my class and thought the principle is nice. Then I got in my pajamas.

After my parents had talked with the principle, the woman showed me my class. I enjoyed my classes. I thought after my classes that I liked my school.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 152

I had just come back from recess. As soon as I bring my lunch and sit down, I hear a voice saying “RM,”it was my teacher “Yes?” I answer. “Please take your lunch and go to Mrs. Branch’s office!”

I thought I was in trouble. “What could I have possibly done?” I said to myself. I couldn’t say a word. I took my stuff and went down. It was the first time I’ve ever done this. So when I got there, I asked Miss Mariane (the secretary) were the principal’s office is. “Right over there!” she says. “Thank you!” I reply with fear. I step inside with shock! I look around, I think to myself “I think I’m in the wrong place, why is this room so pretty?” All of the sudden, someone pops up and greets me with delight. “Hello RM!” she says with a voice like an angel! “Hello!” I answer, but this time, I wasn’t scared, I was confused. I couldn’t understand how come I’m not in trouble? Why did she tell me to come here? Is it because of my pretty red hair? So I decided to ask her. When she heard what I said, she turned around and looked at me and chuckled. “Oh little one,” “You’re not in trouble!” “It looks like your teacher didn’t explain it quite well!” “Huh?” I say “What was she talking about?” I think to myself. She continued and said “You’re here to have lunch with me and some other kids from different grade levels!” She said with a sweet smile on her face. “Oh!” I finally understand. “All this time I thought I was in trouble, when in fact I was sent here to eat my lunch and meet some students!” We both laughed then sat down to eat. Before we left, she got out a box. “What was in that box?” I wondered. She opened it up, and deep down there were ….COOKIES!!! Chocolate chip cookies! She gave each of us a tissue and said, “Pretend you are in a tea party, you should have good manners, so if you want a cookie, I will give you one, but you have to say thank you after I give you one!” So we did what she told us and those were the best cookies ever!

Now I know why my teacher sent me here, to have lunch and communicate with other students! And I think I was also sent here to meet the principal and get to know her better! This day was the best day ever!

Sometimes people have special memories with other people that they remember because that memory is very special to them.

So as I was walking upstairs to the recess grounds I was wondering.”Who is on duty?” so I asked my friend that same question, in case he knew! He said.”Well I think it’s our school principal.”So I turned around and sure enough it was our school principal walking up the stairs she asked.” What are you doing here?” We said that we needed to use the bathroom and she said.”Okay.” “You do know that when you eat lunch with her, she gives you cookies, right?” he said. So I said “No but that’s cool it’s only my first time here!”

“Well she was nice.” I said to my friend as we were playing sports and other games. He said “Ya, she’s one of the nicest people I ever met!”

Now this was my first time at my school and also the first memory I had with the nicest principal ever. That’s how I found out how the school was so nice it’s because she was the leader!  

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65

My Principal

This is an Unassisted Personal Narrative, planned, written and typed in a 60-minute Writer’s Workshop.

Many children go to school. The schools they go to all have principals. Some day the kids will get to meet them. Most principals are nice but some are not, for example mine is the best.

It was bright outside the sun was shining, the trees were bright green. The ground was dry but clean. I woke, brushed my teeth, and ate my breakfast. It was the day I had to go see my new school.

My family and I got in my dad’s car and my dad drove us to school. I was really nervous but excited at the same time. “Mom, I’m nervous.””You will be fine.”I actually started to believe her. My brother was sitting next to me in the back seat. He was playing games on his phone I asked “can I play?””Play on your own one.” He answered. Then I remembered that I have mine. I played until we reached ACS which was my school from now on. It was really cool there were guards everywhere. The school was really big; the big gates were painted in blue.

My family and I walked in through the main gate. “I am mister Friel the assistant to your children’s new principal. I will only show you around today, I hope you will like ACS very much.” I was happy that I will join a very nice school. MR Friel took us to the music room first it was really big with chairs everywhere. On the stage was MRS Branch my new principal. She was wearing a long skirt with a white top; she was also holding a microphone. She said a couple of things about ACS. Then told us to go meet our new teachers. I finally meat my new principal.

ACS is a very big and nice school in Lebanon. It has very good teachers.