Copyright (c) 2014 by 29 Caleb B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
29 Caleb B -- Blogmeister

Mrs. Nichol

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 29 Caleb B

teacher: 6th Grade

What I liked about this chapter was the labs we did . I liked this because Ilike experimenting with things and labs are kind of like them . My favorite lab in the chapter was the " Experimenting with Acids and Bases " lab.This was myfavorite lab because I thought it was interesting how if a liquid was an acid , a base , or neutral it would turn a certain color . During that lab I learned what the Ph scale was and how it worked to tell you if something was a acid , or a base . I also thought it was interesting how a strong base could burn your skin just as bad as a strong acid . I still don't understand how that works .

We learned about heat and how matter reacts to heat and cold in this chapter. I learned in this chapter that heat is the transfer of energy from warmer matter to cooler matter. The last thing I learned is that convection is what heats a room. My favorite thing about this chapter was how many labs that we did. What I liked the least was learning about convection currents I didn't understand it very well and it confused me. I still am confused about convection currents.

Hi, I'm going to tell you a little about myself. My favorite subject in school is social studies, and I like to play soccer. Some other things I'm interested in is health, and bouldering which is rock climbing indoors with fake rock climbing walls. I also enjoy riding bikes, scooters, and skateboarding. I'm also on the Allegheny valley YMCA swim team and dislike baseball, rugby, and skiing. My favorite food is lasagna. What I'm looking forward to this year is the Greek Olympics, mummifying a chicken, and the field trip.