Copyright (c) 2014 by 18 Malique N Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
18 Malique N -- Blogmeister

Mr. Kleckner

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 18 Malique N

teacher: 6th Grade

Article posted November 18, 2010 at 02:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

This chapter was about solid, liquid, and gas which are the 3 states of matter. Matter can change from oe state to another. Melting is when a solid changes to a liquid. Freezing is when a liquid changes to a solid. Evaporation and boiling changes liquid to a gas. Condensation is when a gas changes to a liquid. It was also about solutions. In a solution you have a solvent which is a substance that dissolves other materials. A solute isthe substance that is dissolved. Solutions don't have to be liquid. The air we breathe and also lots of solids are really solutions. Another thing we learned was about chemical reactions and energy in chemical reactions. An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction in which more energy is given off than taken in. An example of this is burning wood. An endothermic reaction is a reaction in which more energy is taken in than given off. An example of this is using an ice pack.

In this unit we learned about heat and matter.We learned about radiation,conduction,insulation,temperature,convection,and heat.Now lets take a little quiz to see how much you know.These are true and false questions.True or false the flow of energy from warmer to cooler matter is heat.We also learned Fahrenheit and Celsius,it is very easy and so is the other stuff.Now lets see what you know about Fahrenheit and Celsius.Particles nearly stop moving at -273 degrees what.Last I'm going to give a bonus question,and lets see if you know(its tricky)! At 5:00 p.m. the temperature in a northern city was 7 degrees.By 10:00 p.m. the temperature had fallen to -7 degrees.How many degrees had the temperature fallen in 5 hours.It is Celsius.NO CHEATING=http://! 

Please comment.Thank you.

Hi and this is my blog.  I love sports and I also love to run and keep myself healthy.  I have 2 cats, 4 hermit crabs, and alot of fish.  I love going to my dad's house because sometimes we get to ride our bikes down toPNC Park's fireworks and it is awesome.  I like my mom's house also.  I like playing outside with my friends, and catching animals.

The subject that I like the best in grade is Social Studies.  I like Social Studies the best because we get to do alot of fun stuff like go to the lab and do blogs, and do groups where we have to answer questions on that chapter.  What I like so far in 6th grade is that everything is easy so far.  What I dislike so far in 6th grade is I have homework.  I am looking forward to this year in school because I get to post blogs and do fun things for my last year in  Elementary School.  I hope this will be a fun year.