Copyright (c) 2014 by 1 Lexi A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
1 Lexi A -- Blogmeister

Mr. Kleckner

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 1 Lexi A

teacher: 6th Grade

Hey it's L1 again. We did a new lesson called "Changes in Matter."  I'm going to tell you 4 things about this lesson that i learned. 1. There are 3 states of matter liquid,solid,and gas. All types of matter take up space. 2. Melting point is a point when it turns to a solid to a gas. 3.Boiling point is when a substance that changes from a liquid to a gas. 4.Freezing point changes from a liquid to a solid.

I am going to tell you three things in this unit that i learned. 1. I learned that when you touch something cold, the particles in your hand slow down. When you touch something warm the particles in your hand speed up. 2.We also did pop corn lab, that was cool. We learned how popcorn can be made by diffrent heats. Honestly I don't get convection, conduction, and radiation. So I'm not going to tell you about them in my blog. 3.We also did another lab were we put a candle in water, in a water bottle, and put a balloon on top for the lid. As the candle was going, the balloon blew up. But when the candle went out the balloon lost it's air. I liked in this unit how we did labs, thats always the fun part for me instead of sitting there doing papers. I really didn't dislike anything in this unit it was all fun because all we basicly did was labs. I want you to tell me your favorite lab in our chapter. Leave a comment below to tell me