Copyright (c) 2014 by RLB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RLB -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

Students learn through a workshop system in Reading & Writing, Inquiry in Science & Social Studies, and Math everywhere! We love reading comments from others about our thoughts and work. Please leave an address or URL so we can respond.

by RLB

teacher: Meg Griffin

I can't wait untill the science day comes it is on Tuesday April 12 2011. My group is doing a movie and a poster. We were going to meet Mireya Mayor. She is an explorer and she is studying the silverback gorillas. But the sad thing is that she can't come so now this guy Greg Mershal and he invented the critter cam.

Hi I'm going to teach you what condensation and evaporation is. Well first i am going to tell you what evaporation is. Well if you leave a glass of water with 100ml outside in the summer like the summer of 2010. That summer was really hot. In a few hours some of the water will be gone and if not all. But if you put a glass of water with 100ml out on your counter. It would probaly take a longer to evaporate. i know all of this because my teacher Mrs.Griffin taught me and my class all about evaporation. We did an expirament on evaporation. What we did was we brought one container for each partnership. Then, we took a graduated cylinder and measured out 100ml. Next we poured it in to our jar and let it sit for 3 days. Our container lost 10ml of water. That was our expierament! Now there is one more thing to tell you about.

Hi, I'm back. I'm now going to tell you about condensation. Well condensation is when something is cold and then something hot mixes in with the cold. For example when you wake up in the morning sometimes the grass is frosty, right? well that is condensation. I know this because me and my class did an expirament on condensation. well, first we took a dry metal container and blue food die outside in the cold.Next Mrs.Griffin put snow in the container. Then, she breathed on it. We saw drips of water on the outside of the container.After that, we put food dye in the container. Finally, she breathed on it again. We saw drips of water on the outside again and it wasn't blue.That is what I learned!

Do you have fun in the snow? I do especially with my dad and my little sister Carly. We went sledding together. I was so proud of her because she went down my basin next to my house all by herself!! then we built a snowman together. Also I taught her how to shovel with my dad and I but she wasn't a big help. Then we went inside and had hot choclate. It was the best day ever!!!!

Hi as you know it is past Cristmas and now 2011. I am going to tell you about my holiday basketball tourtament aka Redington basketball tourtament. You have 3 games and if you make it to the championship you would have 4 games. i was lucky my team went in to the championship! But we lost the championship. The B team had also lost the championship.But are team could have beat them but they had 2 guest players that played up. At least we got in 2nd place. We still got a trophy and a big trophy for the whole team. I was the M.V.P (Most Valuable Player) for my team. It was sad that we didn't win but I still had fun and thats all that matters.I hope you liked my story and hope you had a good winter break too.

Happy Halloween everyone are you ready for Halloween? Im going to be a referee. What are you going to be? Do you know? Are you ready to get lots of candy even though your parents will probably not like it? Are you going to like your candy? Are you going to like your candy? Are you going to have fun trick-or-treating? Happy Halloween Hope you have fun!!!!

Hi I just had 2 basketball tryouts but then it was a hard decision so they had to do another tryout which was last nigh.t I didn't play a lot but I think I know why though.

Article posted September 24, 2010 at 02:40 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 45

So far I love 4th grade! Same with Mrs. Griffin.

She is so kind and loves polka dots. I can tell that because on the first week she wore a lot of dresses with polka dots on them.Anyway, she has this jar of water and oil that looks so cool it even looks like it glows. Also she stopped math early twice just so we can build a house of cards. She is also a very good techer she explains stuff very well. If you ever get Mrs. Griffin trust me you will love her!she is also very clever in all subjects.She also has a great read aloud voice. She is also a very good person.Also she has this workout ball that she lets you sit on if she picks your class number as long as you don't bounce on it because it is distracting to other people.Also in fourth grade you have a reading goal. It is to read at least five books each marking period that is including in the summer but every time you read a book you have to make a book card with a picture on one side and a summary on the other. Also you have to write every thing litterly everything in cursive. She rocks. You really want her!!

Article posted September 17, 2010 at 02:55 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

My dots are big and small

some are solid some are not

they are colorful

also they are all over the place

help me get them back in their cage

they're hopping like angry frogs chasing

flies

I like dots and I hope you like them to!!!