Copyright (c) 2014 by 78 Evan S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
78 Evan S -- Blogmeister

Mr. Phillips

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 78 Evan S

teacher: 6th Grade

Title: Heat and Matter Reflection (09/27/10)
Description: Your thoughts on the heat and matter chapter.

Three things I learned in this unit one is what a solvent is . A solvent is a substance that dizzolves other materials. Another thing I learned is what a concentrated solution is. A concentrated solution is a solution with a small amount of solute compared to the amount of solvent . The last thing I learned is what a exothermic reaction is . A exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction in which more energy is given off than it is takin in. An example is wood burning. Those are some things I learned in this unit.

My most favorite thing was the chemistry in a bag lab because it was fun to see the bag blow up and to see how hot it got. My least favorite thing is some of the worksheets we did because I didnt find some of them interesting. One question I have is about a concentrated solution.

Hi, 98 B here.  One of the things I learned are how the particles act when they are a solid, liquid or gas.  I also learned that a pH scale has a number line from 0 - 14 and acids have the lower numbers and bases have higher numbers like from 8 - 14.  I also learned what a solvent and a solute are.  A solvent is a substance that dissolves other materials and a solute is a substance that is dissolved.The thing I liked most about this unit is learning the fun way, labs!!!!!!!  I love labs because it teaches you about science, but you have fun also.  The lab that was my favorite was the chemistry in a bag lab.  I liked this one the most because you learned alot about how some chemicals like calcium chloride, make cabbage juice heat up.The thing I liked least in this unit is that we had so many study guides and I didn't think I learned alot when it came to the test.   I think that we should have more time to prepare because as soon as we reviewed our study guide, we had to prepare for the test.

Would you agree that we didn't have enough time to prepare or not??   Please explain your answer.

Article posted October 4, 2010 at 03:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 86

One thing I learned is that conduction is the flow of heat from one object to another by DIRECT contact. I also learned that most  metals are good conductors.  Ever wonder how aminals keep warm in really cold weather?  Well, the air inside the fur is almost like an insulator for the air and keeps the air warm.  I liked the popcorn activity in this lesson.It was very awesome and tasty!  I didn't like all of the work, but I love activities that Mr.Phillips does.I think it's a good way to teach us and to have fun at the same time.Do you think the most energy we get is from  the sun?

Hi it's 57T again. These are my reflections on Unit B Chapter 1 for science.

This lesson I learned that convection can travel using only using gasses and liquids. I also learned that the sun uses radiation to produce heat. I also thought the currents were interesting. My favorite lab was definitely the popcorn lab. My least favorite part was probably the test; I thought it would be really hard because it was the first test.

As you can see, I liked this lesson alot but, I still want some examples of radiation. Do you have any examples for me?

Hi, I'm 59 M. I would like to tell you some things I have learned in science so far this year. So, three things that I've learned in science this year is that convection currents heat a room. I also learned that  the particles in a cooler substance move slower than particles in a warmer substance. Something else that I've learned is that cooking an egg in a pan on a stove is conduction. Alright, next I will tell you what i liked best about this unit. So, I think the thing I liked best was using the CPS remotes. The thing I didn't like was the lab worksheets.Blah! Now I have a question for you. Can you tell me some examples of conduction??? If you can please answer! Thanks for reading! :)

80-b here again coming to u with the heat and matter. HEAT: when i learned about heat I found out that it can be dangerous  but fun at the same time there is one cool thing with heat.    Take 4 Styrofoam cups 1 color of food coloring (any color) take a plastic tray ( small and it not like a can) and hot water, and see how u can do this experiment.

MATTER: Matter is something that helps something fall and dp this experiment: take 2 pieces of paper and crumple 1 up and then drop them and see which one goes down 1ST

Hello. It is 74 T again. I going to tell you what I learned from Unit B Chapter 1 in science.There are so many things I learned about in this chapter. One of the these things is that there are three ways heat can be transfered by conduction, convection, and radiation. Another thing I learned was that particles don't move at the same speed as the other particles in the same object. The last thing I will list is a room gets heated by convection.

The thing in this chapter that I liked the most was the popcorn lab. My least favorite part of the chapter though is convection. I didn't think convection was very exciting.

I understand pretty much anything. So, I want to know how many different ways heat can be transfered through conduction, convection, and radiation. Do you think you could help me make a list of ways?

Hello my name is 27B, but I don't think you people can list 30 different kinds of radiation. So comment.

Hello I'm n20. I know that everything is made of matter. Particles move because they have energy. The sun is a main source of heat. I liked when we moved around as slow and fast particles. I didn't dislike anything. I am confused about radiation.

Hi this is 24m here,About particles and how they rise when hot and go down when cold.Also we found out that water behaves diffrently when it gets cold.And that heat is two particles mixed together and create heat.What i like about this article is.The submarine project cause we had a lot of fun with that expariment.All the times we had to go back and get all the supplies over and over again.And allthe work sheets we had to do in every chapter.What i dont get is how the air in a room circulates around the entire house.

One thing I learned  is that  hot things expand.  I liked the labs the best.  I did not taking the test.

This my article about Heat and Matter. 3 things I learned in this Unit is, 1. How expansion and contrast are a problem for bridges. 2. What a Conductor is, A substance through which energy travels to. 3.How animals use insulators by, air trapped in there fur.  My best thing about this unit  was, the submarine lab. My least thing in this unit was the popcorn lad because the popcorn didn't taste as good like at the movies.  My question is what was your favorite Lab you did for this Unit? Please Comment.

I am going to tell you three things in this unit that i learned. 1. I learned that when you touch something cold, the particles in your hand slow down. When you touch something warm the particles in your hand speed up. 2.We also did pop corn lab, that was cool. We learned how popcorn can be made by diffrent heats. Honestly I don't get convection, conduction, and radiation. So I'm not going to tell you about them in my blog. 3.We also did another lab were we put a candle in water, in a water bottle, and put a balloon on top for the lid. As the candle was going, the balloon blew up. But when the candle went out the balloon lost it's air. I liked in this unit how we did labs, thats always the fun part for me instead of sitting there doing papers. I really didn't dislike anything in this unit it was all fun because all we basicly did was labs. I want you to tell me your favorite lab in our chapter. Leave a comment below to tell me  

Hey guys its 27B. I just wanted to say that i liked the popcorn lab the best,because it was fun and we got to eat it. Please comment on what your favorite lab was.

I learned three new thing , I learned how you get energy by conduction, convection, and radiation.

My favorite thing was the radiation because we got to eat popcorn.

My least favorite thing was expansion and contraction, it was just to weird for me.

I still don't know how convection gets around a room=http://

I am ending a chapter in science so this is what I learned in science. I learned some different types of ways of heating things. One way is convection. Convection is when gases or liquids cook things. Another way is conduction. Conduction is when something is cooked by direct contact. The last way is radiation. Radiation is when something is cooked by air. What I liked about this chapter is the submarine lab because the food coloring did some strange things. My least favorite is the balloon lab because I thought it was too simple. 

What I am wondering is what is the best way to cook a hamburger?

In this unit we learned about heat, matter, and particles. I know that heat is the flow of energy from warmer to cooler matter. I also learned that plain water freezes at 32 degrees. The last thing I learned was particles nearly stop moving at -273 degree's and all particles in a substances do not move at the same speed. The best thing about this unit was doing the expansion and contraction lad with the balloons because it was really neat to see the balloon expand and contract. I did not have a least favorite in this unit. Last thing about this unit is I got a question for everyone here it goes, "How are railroads designed to help prevent the problem of expansion and contraction?" Leave me a comment on this question and don't tell your friends the answer. Have fun trying to solve the question even i don't know the answer see . (Or do I.)

In this unit we learned about heat and matter.We learned about radiation,conduction,insulation,temperature,convection,and heat.Now lets take a little quiz to see how much you know.These are true and false questions.True or false the flow of energy from warmer to cooler matter is heat.We also learned Fahrenheit and Celsius,it is very easy and so is the other stuff.Now lets see what you know about Fahrenheit and Celsius.Particles nearly stop moving at -273 degrees what.Last I'm going to give a bonus question,and lets see if you know(its tricky)! At 5:00 p.m. the temperature in a northern city was 7 degrees.By 10:00 p.m. the temperature had fallen to -7 degrees.How many degrees had the temperature fallen in 5 hours.It is Celsius.NO CHEATING=http://! 

Please comment.Thank you.

I learned what is matter, matter is anything that takes up space. I also learned what expand means to take up more space and it expands. I also learned what  contraction is, it is to take up less space or to suck in. I like the popcorn lad, and I don't like to do the study guides to do.

I still don't get what radiation, conduction, and convection. please leave a commit.

I learned everything is made of matter.  Particle move because they have energy. Expand is to take up more space and get larger.  I liked it when we blew up the balloon.  I didn't like taking the test.  My question is why did the food coloring turn the water green.

Three things that i learned in the unit are conduction,convection,and about particles.Conduction is the flow of heat from one object to another by direct contact between the objects.Convection is the flow of thermal energy that occurs when a warm liguid or gas moves from one place to another.All particles don't move the same speed,when the particles in a substance are cold they move slow.When particles are warm they move about medium speed,and when they are hot they move fast.When faster moving particles bump into slower moving particles,the faster particles give the slower ones energy.

My favorite things in this unit were probaly doing the labs we did,for example the one where we made the popcorn.Another one of my favorite labs were when we did the balloon experiment.Some things that i like the least about this unit was we did the food coloring experiment when convection occured when the food coloring was in the water.

What were some things you liked and disliked about this unit? 

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 05:09 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 101

learned how a computer is cooled down, what heat and matter is, and why heat is used. I like best about this unit is the computer part, my least favorite is nothing, I liked all of it.

What happens when the water in the computer freezes up and breaks the pipe?                                

Hi I'm 22 K, and I'm going to tell you 3 things that i discussed in the heat and matter unit, well one thing i learned in this unit is that not all particles in a substance move at the same speed . I also learned that temperate is a measurement of the same adverage motion of the matter.articles in a substance or object . I learned  what heat is and I'm going to tell you what it is heat, is a flow of energy from a warmer to cooler.

What i liked best was the popcorn lab because it was fun getting to watch the popcorn pop and then getting to eat it . I didn't dislike anything in this unit .  I get somewhat confused between conduction and convection can anyone help me ?

Heat and Matter by 11L      This is my heat and matter artical first i am going to tell you 3 things i learned in this chapter.  I learned that heat rises to the top and cool air sinks, another thing is conduction it is the flow of heat  from one object to another by direct contact.  Then the last thing thing that i learned is what thearmal energy is.  Its the total energy of the particals that make up any matter.  The best thing that i liked is the popcorn project becouse i got popcorn to eat.  Then what i did not like the most was the convection current project becouse it was boring.  And last of all why are the medal joints between bridges. 

please leave a comment.

s

In this chapter I learned alot about heat and matter. I learned about every type of heat. I also learned that hot air rises, and cool air sinks. I learned how each type of heat is different in its own way. I liked the mini movies that we watched. The thing i hated about the chapter was the labs. I still dont know alot about conduction ans convection. Please leave a commet telling me the difference.

I learned that all matter has particles. I liked the submarine lab, but I disliked the popcorn lab. What I had trouble with was radiation. Please comment.

I learned about  heat and matter.  The one thing I liked the best was the labs we did.  I did not like when we learned about conduction, convection, and radiation.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 05:09 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 95

Heat and Matter, By anonymous  also known as "23 W"

This is my article about heat and matter in my article you will learn about 3 things i learned, my likes and dislikes of this unit and at the end i will give you one question on the unit. HOPE YOU ENJOY!    

Three things i enjoyed abot this unit are:

.All the fun experiments we did!

.Watching videos!

.And last but not least, Learning about how heat affects matter!

What i liked about this this unit is doing the popcorn lab!

The only thing i didnt like about this unit was doing all the worksheets!  

what was your faveorite lab, and is it true that something as small as a light-bulb can heat and area?

I learned that cold air sinks and hot air rises. I liked the balloon lab the best.  I can't think of anything that I did not like.

So this chapter we have been working on Heat and Matterst about abot this unit is learning .  What i liked beabout the particals.  And how they move if there warm or hot they get energy and move faster,If there cold then they move slower and loose energy,If there room tempature then they move walking speed and have a little energy.  I didnt like learning about tempature.The qustion i have is why does water act diffrently then matter i didnt get that.please comment thanks 19k

Hi this is 10 n here. I learn that particle are in matter. There is 3 was tips of heating up things,Conduction,Convection,and Radiation. Conduction is energy is transferred by direct contact. The one thing I like the best was the popcorn esprit.

Heat and Matter By An Unknown person, Also known as 17N this is my intrists what i learned and what i like best in the chapter heat and matter. The 3 things i learned in this unit are, convection,conduction, and radiation.I liked the popcorn experement best in this unit so far but the pop corn didnt taste as good as microwave popcorn... but its better than nothing I dont like the homework in this unit as long as the tests . I also want to know isnt radiation bad 4 u ? please comment

In science class we have been learning about heat and matter. durring this unit I learned how a room is heated by convection, convection is when warm air rises and cold air sinks. Anouther thing that i have learned in this unit is that a conductor is a object that matter can Travel thought easily. The last thing that i have learned in this lesson is that when you cook a egg you are using conduction. The thing that i liked the most in this unit is that we did alot of experiments! what i liked least in this unit is that is was hard for me to understand is the difference between expanding and contraction. Whats an insulator?

One thing I learn is heat move through the room convection. One thing i like was the Popcorn Lab.

One thing i  dislike was convection worksheet.

How do the cold air come from the ocean????? :)

I learned that when something is hot it expands and when its cold it contracts. The thing i liked the most was the Popcorn Lab cause we got to eat the popcorn.

I learned that if you leave a balloon outside it will start to expand.When you put a balloon over steam it will start to deflate but when you take it of it starts to blow back up.If you put a candle stick light in a bowl of food die the food coloring will start to rise up and eventual it will blow out the flame.I like it when we did the experiment with are hands in the cold water then in the room temperature water that was the best experiment so far this year.I did not like expanding and contracting lesson I think that lesson was really boring.How tall was the biggest expanding?

One of the things i learn was thermal  heat . Thermal heat is the title energy of the particles that make up any matter.Other thing i learn is that all matter is made of tiny particles.Last  thing i learn also about when thing  are hot the particles get more energy so they  move faster.One thing I like the most is the popcorn lab because we got to try it. One thing i did not like any thing about it.Can.Any one help me found out what cause conduction.

What i am going to tell you is what i learned this science lessons or chapter. Hear are the somethings i learned. What i learned is that when a hot or warm particle hits a cold particle it becomes hot like them and move fast as the hot particle .i also learned about heat, heat is the flow of energy from warmer matter to cooler matter. When particle's lose energy the will contract and when particle get more energy it expands. Ironing clothes is conduction. What i liked in this chapter is the experiment's we did in class or out in the pod. In the chapter i didn't dislike  anything at all! That is what i learned in this chapter!

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 04:16 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 99

Three things i learned about in this unit is conduction. Conduction is the flow of heat, direct contact between the obejects. Another one is a conductor. A conductor is a substance is energy that travels easily. Also i learned about is convection. Convection is the flow of energy that occurs when warm liguids or gas moves. The best thing i liked in this unit was the lab we did that was putting the plate down on a flat surface and then having water and dye on the plate then taking a candle and lighting it, and putting a vase on top of it and watching to see wat happend. There was nothing in this unit i disliked about. What are two good conductors?

What I learned in this unit is expansion and contraction. Expansion is to heat up to get larger. Contraction is to cool down to smaller. What I liked about this unit is  all the labs we did espically the popcorn lab. One thing I did'nt about this unit is learning about condution and convection. I did'nt like learing about those two things because they were confusing of what  the difference is between them. My question is is thier any more good condutors other than metals?

In this unit I learned how a room is heated by convection.  I also learned how they solve the problem of expanding and contrasting on bridges with the the teeth things. Another thing I learned is that radiation bounces back on metal.  I liked best on this unit is the popcorn lab, where we made popcorn different ways.  The thing I liked the least is doing the test on paper not on Quia. I still don't get how the water curlates in the laptop colling system.

36r

I learned about conduction. Conduction is energy transfered from direct contact. I also learned about radiation and convection. Radiation means energy is transfered from electromagnetic radiation. What I liked the most was the experiments.What I did not like in this unit is convection and radiation. My question is what is the diference between radiation and convection.

We learned about heat and how matter reacts to heat and cold in this chapter. I learned in this chapter that heat is the transfer of energy from warmer matter to cooler matter. The last thing I learned is that convection is what heats a room. My favorite thing about this chapter was how many labs that we did. What I liked the least was learning about convection currents I didn't understand it very well and it confused me. I still am confused about convection currents.

The one thing I learned  in this chapter was bridge makers put joints in bridges so when it gets hot and cold it can expand and contract when it is hot and cold.Another thing I learned in this lesson is when something is hot it expands,and when something gets cold it contract but not ice.One of the favorite things we did is the balloon lab.What does a brick do if you put it out on the the hottest day of the year.         (91 degrees)   will it expand,contrast or neither?

What I learned in this chapter is different flows of energy such as convection, conduction, and radiation.  I also learned that hot air rises and cold air sinks.  What I enjoyed doing in this chapter is the lab when we made popcorn in a lab we did in class.  I liked it because after we learned how popcorn pops then we got to eat some!  I did not dislike anything we did in this chapter.  

One thing I learned is heat can travel through the room covection.    One thing Ilike was the popcorn lab. One thing I disliked was the dye in the water lab.

I learned about radiation it is like a stove heating the pan up and whatever is in side of it. And the one thing I'm still confused about is convection and the other two. The thing that i like was the cool labs.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 04:16 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 80

Hey! what is up. The three things i learned in this chapter are Conduction, conductor, and Radiations.A good  Conduction is  is, you can cook an egg on a sidewalk because it would be heated the conduction. A good conductor are metals conductours because they transfer heat quickly. Radiation is the transfer of energy from one place another without the use of matter.

Does the sun have radiation?

This is what i learned in this chapter. I learned about  how air particles move by depending on the temperature. I also learned how different types of energy travel through different objects. These objects are conductors and insulators. Another thing  i learned was expansion and contractsion, it was favorite thing to learn about this year. It was my favorite because we did a lab with a balloon, when we put it in hot water the balloon went up, and when I put it on the cold water it went down. That is what i learned this chapter.

In this chapter I learned how matter is heated. I learned what conduction is. Conduction is energy that is transfered by direct contact.I also leaned when you boil a pot of water it is heated by conduction.I liked the popcorn lab the best because we got to taste it. I disliked when we did learned about conduction, convection, and radiation because I got them confused. Can anyone tell me how a microwave oven works?

In This unit i learned about heat and how it goes from a hotter object and then to a cooler object. I also learned about expanding and contracting. I learned how hot water the particles move a lot faster. I really liked the experiment's. i didn"t like anything about the lesson. I still do not understand conduction? 

Hello! This is 34S  The 3 things I learned in this unit are, Heat, Insulators, and Radiation. Heat is faster moving particles because it has a lot of energy. Insulators

are a substance that slows down the transfer of heat. Radiation is the transfer of energy from one place to another without the use of matter. I liked all of the labs that we did especially the popcorn lab because I love popcorn. I did not like the hot, cold, and warm lab.

How does a car get it's heat?

What i learned in this unit is that heat is a transfer of a from a warmer object to a cooler object. The next thing I learned is that conduction is a transfer by direct contact. The last thing I learned is that convection. Convection is by the mass motion molecules. What I like best about the unit is doing the labs. The least thing I like about this unit is that I really didn't like how we learned about convection and condution. How do cars get their heat?

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 03:28 PM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 96

Three things I learned in this unit are what the different ways heat can transfer from one particle to another.  The first way is radiation, it transfers heat by electromagnetic waves.  The second way is conduction, this is the transfer of heat with direct contact with two objects.  The last way is convection, this is the transfer of heat with the use of a liquid or gas.  What I liked best about this unit, was that almost everything we learned about we did some type of lab or experiment, where we got up and did fun stuff in groups.  I did not dislike anything we did this unit, i liked it all.  Can you tell me what a conductor is?

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 07:02 PM GMT0 • comment (11) • Reads 56

What I like best about the unit was the science project, also i liked the  the videos ,and lastly I liked the groups.What I did not like was the studyguides,the homework,and I did not like the work.The question I have is what was your favorite lesson of this unit?  LEAVE A COMMENT.

I learned a lot in science class this unit! I learned that particles in matter gain energy and move faster when matter is warmed. I also learned that energy in particles can make matter expand and contract. Another thing I learned is that radiation is the travel of energy without the use of matter. I really enjoyed all the labs we did this chapter. I learned a lot  from the labs which made me happy. i did not like the lesson on convection,radiation, and conduction. It was very difficult for me to understand. i still have a little trouble with it, but now i understand most of it. Though, one question i still have is what is the difference between convection and radiation? Please, comment.

We learned about how hot air rises and cold air sinks, that there are particles in any substance, and that radiation is the transfer of energy without the use of other objects. In this unit what l liked the most was the popcorn lab. What l liked the least about this unit was the test because we had to end the fun lesson. A question that l had during this unit was how does convection occur when you boil water?

In this unit I learned that convection only happens in gases or liquids, all matter has moving particles, and that most of the sun's radiation going to earth is absorbed by earth. I liked doing the projects the most. I didn't like the long study guides. Does anyone know any more examples of radiation other than the sun or fire?

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 109

Ok, I'm going to talk to you about what we learned in this science unit! Three things we learned about is conduction, convection, and radiation! Conduction is energy transfered by direct contact. Convection is energy transfered by the motion of molecules in a substance. Radiation is energy transfered by electromagnetic radiation. My favorite thing was when we did the experiment where we put our hand in a pan full of water, then put it in the middle pan! The warm water felt good! I didn't like the popcorn lab, though, because I'm really not a big fan of popcorn! But, that's just me!

Hey it 67 T  I'm going to tell you three things i learned I learned this unit. One thing I learned is that if put a pot on a stove it is an example of conduction. I also learned that when you turn on the furnace it is convection heating the room. The last thing I learned is that a bridge expands and contracts.

Now I will tell you what I liked this unit the thing I liked was the food coloring lab. I didn't really dislike anything this unit. I still don't really understand radiation thought please comment.

The three things that I did learn in this unit are how radiation heats things up without the use of matter, How convection is not created by direct contact but how Pericles pass each other and making convection,and that heat will go up and cold will go down. What I did like best about this unit is that we did many experiments. My favorite was the food coloring experiment. What I did like least about this unit is how we had to do the home work. Even though they are needed. 

There are other things I did like about this unit like how we got to watch videos on it and many others. One question I do have is how does radiation not use matter?

In this unit I learned about how conduction only happens when the heat source and the object are in direct contact. I also learned about how convection can only happen to liquids and gases. i also learned about heat. heat is when a warm object comes in contact with a cooler object. in this unit my favorite thing to learn was about conduction, convection, and radiation. in this unit i liked thermal energy the least. i still dont quie get radiation that when.

In this unit I learned how convection heats a room. First the warm air comes out of the furnace,then it rises to the top of the room. Then it starts to cool so it loses energy,and sinks to the ground and then into the air vent and repeat. Also I learned that matter expands when heated and contracts when it gets cold. Another thing I learned was that the metal things on the bridges were for expansion and contraction. The thing I liked best was that we did a lot of labs. I really liked everything, there was nothing I hated. What I want to know are examples of convection and radiation.

One of the first things I learned in this unit was conduction. Conduction is the transfer of energy by direct contact. One example of conduction is pancakes on a griddle. The second thing I learned was radiation. Radiation is the transfer of heat from one object to another without the use of matter. We get most of our radiant energy from the Sun here on Earth. The last thing I want to talk about is heat, the transfer of energy from warmer matter to cooler matter. Heat is transfered by conduction, convection, and radiation.

What I liked most in this unit was the popcorn lab where we cooked popcorn 3 ways and identified if they were conduction, radiation, or convection. We got to taste-test afterward! What I liked the least was doing tests and study guides. 

In this unit we also learned about insulators and conductors of heat. The only conductor mentioned was metal. Why is water a conductor of electricity and not heat? 

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 63

Three things i have learned is that sun burn is an example of radiation . I also learned that everything has tiny Little particles and those particles can blow up a balloon. I liked all of the labs we had. Thy ere was nothing I didn't like. I'm still a little unsure about all the radiation, convection, and conduction stuff. I still mix those up a little.

The three things that I learned in this lesson was I learned that our houses are heated by convection. I also learned that when two things come in contact it is called conduction and I learned that heat rises when it is hot and it goes to the ground when it cools. My favorite science lab was the one when we had to see if the green food coloring moved or stayed the same. I mostly liked every thing in this lesson because it was fun to learn and try different things. One thing I didn't understand to well was how radiation worked or what it did.

Hi it's E 75 again and in this unit I learned that matter is made up of little particles!  Also, I learned that when something gets warm that means particles are moving very fast, and bumping into each other. Then we learned about  expansion and contraction. Like when a bridge has those jaws that is so that the bridge can expand. We also learned about convection. Convection is when a furnace heats up a room. also called a convection current. We also learned about radiation, radiation is when you heat something up in the microwave.Lastly we learned about conduction! conduction is when you heat something up on a stove. My favorite thing this year was when we  did  the popcorn experiment. I did not like well i liked everything!!!! What is conduction??

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 60

Three things I learned in this science unit is that a room is heated by convection. Another thing I learned is that you boil water using conduction. The last thing I learned is that a microwave heats food by using radiation. The thing that I liked the best in this unit was doing experimemts. My least favorite thing about this unit was learning about expansion and contraction because that was the most confusing thing to me. The question that I have is where does a plane's jet get the heat from?

Hey I'm 83D and I'm gonna tell you what I learned in science this unit.  First I learned about convection such as boiling water, conduction is when energy passes through matter,and last but not least I learned about radiation such as the sun. I liked that we could do so many labs it is cool to not just read about it.  I disliked nothing, I liked everythin we did. What type of enregy flows by direct contact? 

Three things that we learned about in this unit are particles in any substance, also convection, conduction, and radiation, and last about speed and energy. My favorite thing about this unit that I liked was all the labs that we did. My least favorite thing about this unit is some of the worksheets that we did about conduction, convection, and radiation. I am still alittle confused on conduction and convection.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 76

Hey 61 M again I'm back to tell you about the science chapter we did.  The chapter was heat and matter so hear are some things.  I learned how convection, conduction, and radiation works I also learned how a microwave works and we learned how a laptop was cooled.   The thing i liked best about this chapter is the popcorn lab it was fun and the popcorn was tasty.  I know that some sources of radiation is a microwave the sun and a camp fire what are some more?

The three things i learned in this lesson is how convection is a transfer of heat with gasesand how radiation is a transfer of energy without the use of matter

and conduction.The thing i liked best in this unit is convection because  i like learning about gasses .The thing that i liked least in this unit is conduction because  i thought it was boring.How many vocab words were in this lesson?

I learned that conduction is the transfer of heat through solid objects. I learned that convection is the transfer of heat through a gas or liquid. I also learned that microwaves heat food with radiation. What I liked best in this unit was watching the video where those people took apart a microwave. What I liked least about this unit was doing the study guides. Does anybody know any other sources of radiant energy besides the sun, microwaves, and fire?

Hey! Its 79S again! This is my heat and matter reflection blog! First I'm going to discuss three things from this chapter, so I decided to talk about the three ways heat can be transfered. I'll start with conduction. Conduction is the way heat is transfered by direct contact between the objects. Like cooking an egg in a pot, or ironing your clothes. Both of those things use conduction. Second is convection. Convection is when a gas or liquid heats up and spreads around. Convection is used every day and you might not even know it! Last but not least is radiation. Radiation is the way heat is is transfered without contact between the objects. The sun is where we get most of our heat from, and that's radiation. Microwaves use radiation too. Radiation is really important. The thing I liked the most about this chapter was the projects. We did a lot of fun projects. The thing I liked the least was temperature, I really think it is boring. Here's my question, How many examples of conduction can you think of?

This unit in science i learned how convection circulates in only liquids and gases.  I also learned how a microwave heats food using radiation and how conduction works. Something i liked best in this unit was the labs and something i liked the least was being the supplier and bringing water and supplies to the desks. A question i have is how does water expand?                                                                                                                                                     

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 81

Hi I'm 76 K!  I'm typing this blog to tell you three things I learned this unit, what I liked about this unit, and what I disliked.  Three things I learned this unit are what heat is which is the flow of energy from warmer to cooler matter. I thought that was very interesting! Another thing I learned was what conduction, convection, and radiation is I learned that through a popcorn lab. YUM!! . Also,  I learned that warm air rises and cool air sinks. So that US why in a fire they tell you to crawl because the smoke is rising. So things that  liked in this lesson was the popcorn lab.  What we did was we went in the pod and Mr. Phillips showed us how to make popcorn through conduction, radiation, and convection. After we were done we got to eat the popcorn YUMMY IN MY TUMMY.  The one and only thing I didn't like about this unit was the flow of energy worksheet. The reason I didn't like that was I really didn't get it!  So if you can help me please comment.  Hope you enjoy my blog!

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 06:58 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 69

Hello, this is 58 m here. What I learned is when water gets colder, it forms rings at 4 degrees celcius. I also learned that microwaves use radiation by using a magnetic field . Lastly I learned that conduction occurs when two objects touch each other.  I think the best part was the submarine lab. I think my least favorite part was the popcorn lab because I didn't think it tasted as good as at the movies.

I really get mixed up with conduction and convection.  How about you?  please leave a comment.

58 M out

Three things I learned are what convection is the transfer of heat from gas to liquid. I also learned that particles move faster when they have energy and slower when they have less energy. Last, I learned what are good and bad conductors,some good conductors are most metals.What I liked the best about this unit is the experiments, my favorite was the popcorn lab. I did not dislike anything it was all fun.And my one question is what are some good examples of conduction and convection.

I learned about expansion and contraction in this chapter. I had alot of fun doing the labs in class with my group. I liked the one when we had the balloon on top of a water bottle and there was a bucket of hot water and a bucket of cold water. Then we had to put the water bottle with the balloon on top of it into one of the buckets. In the hot water, the balloon blew up a little bit (It expanded). Then, we quickly switched the bottle from the hot water to the cold water and the balloon got smaller (It contracted).  I loved that lab. It was my favorite one so far. I also learned about expansion, contraction, conduction, convection, and radiation. What i didn't like so far this year is the tests. I don't like tests. I love labs !!! How about you?!

We learned several different things in this science chapter,but for the sake of time heres a few.We learned about expansion and contraction, we learned about heat, and we learned about conductors and insulators.Something that I liked best about this unit was probably the activity about all the different ways to make popcorn. Something that I liked least about the unit was remembering all the things like convection, conduction, radiation, and thermal energy. Do you know what thermal energy is?

In science class we learned about conduction,convection and radiation.Conduction is the flow of heat from one object to another by direct contact. Convection is the flow of thermal energy that occurs when a warm liquid or  gas moves from one place to another.Radiation is the transfer of energy from one place to another without the use of matter.Here are some things I liked and disliked about this unit.In science class I liked doing experiments in class. I also liked doing stuff with the remotes,and slide shows. I didn't like reading out of the book or doing worksheets.Do you agree with me of the things I liked and disliked?

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 61

In this unit I learned about Convection,Conduction,and Radiation. Conduction is the flow of heat from one object to another by direct contact between the objects. Convection is the flow of thermal energy that occurs when a warm liquid or gas moves from one place to another. Radiation is the transfer of energy from one place to another without the use of matter. My favorite project that we did in this unit was the balloon project. It was so funny when my groups balloon would not go down!! Of curse the test was my least favorite because I get so nervous=http://!! I still wonder how they are the same in one way???? Did you like the balloon chapter???????????

Heat and matter? Whats that? HEAT is the flow of energy from warmer MATTER to cooler MATTER. MATTER is anything that takes up space. Heat is all around us. Even in winter. EXAMPLE- you go outside and play in the snow and come in after a long time playing. How do your hands feel? They feel warm because your hand particles are warming up in your body.  MATTER is all around you to. EXAMPLE your body is matter, your school desk is matter, EVERYTHING is mater. The one thing i like about this chapter is the labs we did in class. The one thing i hate is that we don't have more time in science class. Heat and Matter was interesting to learn about. I learned about contraction which is to get smaller and expansion which is to get bigger.  I also learned about Three ways to cook popcorn by radiation condition and convection.  What was your favorite lab???????????????? PLEASE LEAVE COMMENT=http://=http://

One thing I learned in this chapter is concrete expands or contracts.2.I learned how a microwave works.,And lastly we learned three sources of energy.My favorite thing in this chapter was the balloon experiment.My least favorite thing was the study guides.how do polar bears stay warm air or fur?

When we learned about Heat and Matter I learned a lot of things. Three thing I learned about are Conduction, Convection, and Radiation. Conduction is the flow of heat from one object to another by direct contact between the objects. Convection is the flow of thermal energy that occurs when a warm liquid or gas moves from one place to another. Radiation is the transfer of energy from one place to another with the use of matter. The thing I liked the most about the chapter where when we did labs. The things I liked the least where all the homework. One question I had was how can you keep you tires from blowing out on a long drive in hot weather?

I learned that when matter is heated it expands. Then when matter is cooled it contracts. I also learned about conduction, convection, and radiation. My favorite thing that we did was definitely the popcorn lab. I didn't rally enjoy the food coloring experiment. I had a little trouble with the difference, between conduction and convection. What is the difference of conduction and convection?

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 67

In this unit, I learned that matter can expand and contract when heated or cooled. I also learned that heat is created many different ways. I also learned that hot air rises and cool air sinks. My favorite thing in this unit was the popcorn lab because it showed you how many different ways you can make popcorn. We also got to try the popcorn. My least favorite thing was the balloon and water bottle lab. Did you enjoy the food coloring lab?

One thing I learned in this unit was most of our energy comes from the sun. Another thing I learned was most metals are good conductors. One more thing I learned was conduction is energy transfered by direct contact. What I liked best about this unit was all of the labs. I really didn't hate anything I thought everything we did was fine. Did you like this Unit?

What i learned in the chapter Heat and Matter was,air is a good insulator for bears and other animals. Also I learned that if you take out air if you are on a long drive there would be less chance of blowing out a tire because there is less particles.  Another thing I learned is there is gaps in between railroads to help with expansion and contraction. What I liked best is when we did the experiment with the food coloring because it was fun to see what the food coloring would do that is my favorite thing we did. What i disliked about this unit is i really didn't find it interesting about the unit. My question is can you tell me an example of conduction?

During this chapter I learned more than 3 things, but 3 things I learned are conduction is the transfer of heat from one object to another by direct contact.  Also that radiation is the transfer of heat from one place to another without the use of matter.  The last thing I learned was that convection is the transfer of thermal energy when a warm liquid or gas is moved from one place to another.  My favorite activity that we did in this unit is the food coloring activity.  My least favorite thing about this unit was the book activities when we had to read out of the book to answer questions. I have one more question though,  what was your favorite activity??????????

In this unit I learned that you could fry an egg on the sidewalk, you can inflate a balloon with hot water, and make popcorn three different ways.  What I liked best in this unit was eating the popcorn that we made in the popcorn lab.  What I liked least in this unit was looking at a napkin that was once full of popcorn.  One question I have is if there is another way to cook popcorn?

The three things I learned are how matter is heated by conduction, how thermal energy is transfered by convection, and how energy is transfered by radiation. What I liked best in the unit was the popcorn lab. What I liked the least was all the homework. Can you name an example of radiation?

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 87

In this unit I learned that everything is made up of tiny particles. I also learned that most of our heat comes from the sun. Lastly I learned that conduction takes place throughout direct contact between two objects. What I liked most is the labs. My favorite one was the lab were we had to put our hand in cold water then into warm water. Then into hot water then back to warm water. My least favorite thing I learned in science class was convection, conduction, and radiation. I still dint really know what convection and radiation are but I have a good idea. OK, now for a question did you like this science lesson

I learned about radiation, conduction, and convection in this unit.  Conduction is when heat is transferred between two objects by direct contact. Convection is the transfer of heat with liquids and gases. Radiation is the transfer of heat of heat between matter without direct contact. I liked when we did the food coloring project.  The thing I liked the least was the popcorn project.  What degrees farenheight is the average campfire? 

Three things I learned this unit is that heat makes matter expand. Another thing that I learned is that the cold makes objects contract. I have also never heard of people putting gaps in between railroads and roads.The thing I liked best in the unit was doing so many group projects together with my table. The thing I disliked were all the power points I found that boring. A question I have about the unit is why does it get hotter when you get closer to the ground then when you are on a mountain or a place high up? What did you like? What didn't you? Can you answer my question?

~zebra (Zebra is what I will call myself!)

In this science chapter I have learned that heat and matter are 2 things that are valued! For example: without heat we would be freezing! One thing that I liked about this chapter is that Mr. Phillips made it fun. One thing that I disliked about this chapter is that we did so many worksheets. A few things that I learned in this chapter are that a convection current carries air in a circular motion. I also learned that workers have to leave space between tracks when they build railroads. When the tracks heat up they expand. If the workers didn't leave any space between the tracks, the tracks would buckle over each other. My favorite thing that we did in this chapter was the popcorn activity=http://!!!!!

We have learned a lot in this chapter, but there are still a few things undiscovered. What do you think they are?            

One thing I learned in this unit is that when you have a heater on then the heat rises up, starts to lose energy, sinks, gains energy, and starts over again. Another thing that I learned in this unit is that an insulator is a substance that slows down the transfer of heat and a conductor is a substance that allows heat to pass through it easily. The last thing is that construction workers use insulators to build houses or other buildings so that heat passes through it slowly. The best thing that I liked about this unit is when we did the popcorn lab because we got to eat it after! The thing that was my least favorite was taking the test!   One thing I didn't understand was how insulators work? Do you know?

The things i liked about science was that we learned so far about about heat and matter lesson was the expansion and contracting.The thing that interested me in this article was that the bridges and railroad tracks use the separations for expansion and contraction.The other things i didn't like was the the radiation lesson.I liked the popcorn experiment i think that was a good example of heat and matter.I also liked the food coloring test i think that was another good example of the Heat and Matter chapter.

In the chapter I learned what conduction,convection,and radiation is.My favorite thing that we did in the chapter was the popcorn lab.I learned what conduction and convection is and learned what some other stuff is.My least favorite thing was the lab we did with the food coloring.It was not that fun like the popcorn lab.I don't know how to tell the difference from conduction to convection,do you know,please help me.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (15) • Reads 77

One thing that I liked the best in this unit was the popcorn lab. I liked that a lot because I got to get popcorn. Another thing that I liked was when we were in the lab and were playing review games. The thing that I liked the least was when we had the test because it was kind of hard even though I studied a lot. Three things that I learned was what conduction, convection, and radiation. Conduction is when energy is traveling from one to another by direct contact. Convection is the transfer from on place to another by gases and liquids moving. Radiation is the moving of particles without the use of matter. I really like this unit. Did you like it?   

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 70

Three things that i learned in this unit are that all matter expands and contracts, water contracts differently than other substances, and that bridges are built with special joints for a special cause. All matter expands and contracts because when the particles gain thermal energy they start to expand. When the particles lose energy the matter contracts. Water contracts differently because it freezes at a certain temperature. While it is losing energy water expands because it forms into rings. Bridges have joint because the pavement needs room to expand and contract. the experiment i liked the most was when we learned about radiation, conduction, and convection using three different ways to make popcorn. My least favorite part of this unit was the test.  I disliked this because Mr. Phillips was absent so we had to write the test instead of doing it on the computer. If you were a particle what item would you be in?

Hello I am 106 P. During this Unit on heat and matter I learned about energy, types of energy, and expansion and contraction. What I liked best about this was an experiment we did with hot, cold, and  room temperature water. What I liked least about this was taking the test. I wasn't at school when we did a food coloring in water experiment and I would like to know what happened then more fully.

I learned that conduction is the transfer of heat by direct contact between the objects. I also learned that in a convection current cold air sinks and warm air rises. Another thing I learned is that that there are three types of heat transfer,conduction, radiation,and convection. What I liked best about this unit was the popcorn lab. What I liked least about this unit was having study guides and lesson worksheets. My question is why doesn't  water expand and contrast like everything else?

At the end of each unit we are going to write an article reflecting on what you have learned in the chapter, what you liked, what you didn't like, and what you are still curious about or don't understand.  Maybe some of your classmates can answer your questions!

Include the following items in your article:

• Discuss 3 things that you learned in this unit.

• What did you like the best in this unit?

• What did you like the least in this unit?

• Write a question that you have about this unit that someone might be able to answer for you?