Copyright (c) 2014 by 75 Emily P Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
75 Emily P -- Blogmeister

Mr. Phillips

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 75 Emily P

teacher: 6th Grade

Hi it's E 75 again and in this unit I learned that matter is made up of little particles!  Also, I learned that when something gets warm that means particles are moving very fast, and bumping into each other. Then we learned about  expansion and contraction. Like when a bridge has those jaws that is so that the bridge can expand. We also learned about convection. Convection is when a furnace heats up a room. also called a convection current. We also learned about radiation, radiation is when you heat something up in the microwave.Lastly we learned about conduction! conduction is when you heat something up on a stove. My favorite thing this year was when we  did  the popcorn experiment. I did not like well i liked everything!!!! What is conduction??

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 01:01 PM • comment • Reads 83 • see all articles