Copyright (c) 2014 by 72 Peyton M Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
72 Peyton M -- Blogmeister

Mr. Phillips

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 72 Peyton M

teacher: 6th Grade

Title: Changes in Matter Chapter Reflection (11/03/10)
Description: Your reflection on the changes in matter chapter.

Three things that I learned in this chapter were dilute solutions, concentrated solutions, and what the pH scale is. A dilute solution is a solution the solute particles are spread far apart in the solvent. A concentrated solution is a solution where the solution particles are much closer together than in a dilute solution. The pH scale is a scale that measures strong acids, weak acids, neutral, weak bases and strong bases. The pH scale goes from 0-14. The lowest numbers are the really strong acids. Around seven are neutral and the high numbers are really strong bases. The thing that I liked the best was the lab with the calcium chloride, baking soda, and the cabbage juice. I thought it was really cool the way it got really hot. The thing that I liked the least about the unit was taking the test, but it was better taking it on the computer than on paper. I thought the labs were really cool. Did you think they were? Did you like this unit?

Three things I learned about in this unit were that one, exothermic means that more energy was leaving the chemical reaction than it was taking in.  I also learned that endothermic reaction means that more energy was being taken in that given off.  The last thing I learned was that a chemical reaction happens when a new substance is formed.  What I liked best in this unit was the chemistry in a bag lab.  What I liked least in this unit was the test.  Here is my question; What is it called when a gas turns into a liquid?

Here are some things that I, (89 D) learned in this unit. I learned about something called a exothermic Reaction. I had never knew that there was such a thing! An exothermic Reaction is a Chemical reaction in which more energy is given off  than there is being taken in. That is an   I also learned about acids. An acid is a compound that releases hydrogen ions in water. An acid can be very dangerous, too. Some of them can burn right through your skin, or if you eat some of them, you will die. But you CAN eat citris acid. It is found in limes, lemons, oranges, and apples. There are many acids, too. Such as citric acid, stomach acid, vinegar, orange juice, soda water, AND drinking water. We also did an experiment with acids and bases. We mixed two substances together and it made a hot purple substance. I loved that experiment! I had alot of fun doing stuff about heat and matter, acids and bases, and everything else. I hope that we do something like that again!

In this unit I learned that an exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction that more energy is given off than taken in. Another thing I learned is that that the substances in a chemical reaction that are being changed are called reactants. Something else that I learned is that the new substances formed during a chemical reaction are called products. The one thing that I liked best about this unit was the chemistry in a bag lab. What I liked least in the unit was the study guides. What is an endothermic reaction?

Three things I learned were what an exothermic reaction was, what a endothermic reation was, and what an indacater is. One thing I learned was that a exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction in which more energy is given off than taken in(example:burning of wood). I also learned that an endothermic reaction is a chemical reaction in which more energy is takeni in than given off(example:a cold ice pack). The final thing I learned is what a indacator is. An indacator is a substancethat changes color at a certain range of pH values. One thing i liked is the lab when we used cabbage juice as an indacator, this was my favorite because we got to try and come up with our own pH values. My least favorite part was doing the study guides because it took me a long time to write and look up the answer in the book.

What was your favorite part of the lesson???

In this lesson I learned that during a chemical change that some signs of  reactions are bubbling, fizzing, and, color change. I also learned that that table salt has clorine in it. I thought that he was kidding because if you swallow clorine in a pool it burns your throat and its not good for you. Lastly, i learned that elements are the simplest form of matter and that everything in the world is made up of one or more elements. Now for a question what was your favorite lab and what one was your least favorite in this lesson.

One thing I learned from this chapter is that a atom is the smallest part of a element. My favorite thing I learned in this lesson was about acids could be good or bad also just learning about acids. I also learned about bases and compounds. The thing I disliked the most was that there was not as many experiments as the last lesson. Did the rest of sixth grade like this lesson.

In this unit I learned the most basic forms of matter are elements.  I also learned the smallest form of matter is a atom.  I also learned that a mloecule is two atoms or elements combined.  What I liked best in this unit was the lab where we saw if what matter is acids and bases.  What I liked least in this unit was the lab we did chemistry in a bag.    A question I leave for you is if a fire cracker went of would it be a physical or chemical change?

Things that I learned in this unit are that a diluted solution is when the solute particle are spread out in the solvent. So there is more solvent than a solute in a diluted solution. Another thing that I learned in this unit is that a compound is made up of molecules with two or  more different atoms. One more thing that I learned in this unit is that a chemical equation is an arrangement of symbols and formulas to see what is happening in a chemical reaction. The thing I liked best in this unit is doing the lab when you mixed different things together with cabbage juice and seeing what color they turned. The thing that I didn't like in this unit is taking the test and studying for the test because i thought the test was kind of hard. One question that i have for you is if you liked doing the testing colors lab? 

In this Chapter I have learned a lot of different things, here are some of them. One thing that I learned int his chapter is that a chemical changes makes a completely different substance. Another thing I learned in this chapter is that a physical change occurs when a substance is changed, but not turned into something new. I also learned that acids are low on the pH scale ,and bases are high on the pH scale. In this unit I really liked the bases and acids lab. My least favorite part was definetly the test. What was your favorite lab?

In tis chapter I learned that hydrogen can explode when you light it.  I also learned about exothermic and endothermic reactions. An exothermic reation is a reaction that gives off more energy than is taken in. An endothermic reaction is a reaction that takes in more energy than it gives off.  Another thing I learned is a way to extract sugar from water, by evaporating all of the water.  I liked all of the lab experiments that had a BIG reaction. What I liked least was when we had to clean up a lot of oil in the oil expeiment. One question I have is, what two elements can be mixed together to make it explode. If you find an answer tell me because I want to know. 

In this chapter I learned that an atom is the smallest you can break down a substance. I liked the expiriment when the cabbage juce turned the substances inside a bag purple and heat came from the bag. I didn't like all the powerpoints we did. I find them boaring. I also learned that cabbage juce is an indacator. I learned what an indicator is too. I still don't get how a solution is a mixture and how a mixture can't be a solution.

~zebra=http://

In this unit I learned about solvents, solutions, and mixtures. A solvent is a substance that is dissolved. A solution is a mixture, but the substances fully mix together. A mixture is two or more substances  being mixed together. In this unit I liked the part when we made a mixture with the cabbage juice and the calcium cloride. I loved everything we did except for the test=http://=http://=http://=http://! Did you like the bag experiment? 

I learned that a compound molecule is two or more atoms put together.Then I learned that stuff you use everyday is an acid.Like soap.Then I learned that stomach acids are kinda dangerous.My favorite thing we did in science was the lab with the baking soda and calcium chloride.I liked it because when we put the stuff in the bag the bag started to inflate and the stuff turned purple because of the cabbage juice.I didn't like ripping the paper into smaller pieces because it was boring just ripping paper in small pieces.Now here is my question,how do you abreviate hydrogen and other ones?

My favorite thing in this chapter was the Experimenting with Acids and Bases lab. What I liked the least about this chapter was the homework. Three things I learned in this chapter are that acids and bases can hurt you, that ions are made up of atoms, and that solutions are mixtures. Can you name another indicator except cabbage juice and Ph strips.

Here are some things I liked and disliked. The thing I liked was when we used the remotes. The thing I disliked was when we read out of the book. Some things that I learned about this chapter were acids, bases, and compounds. Some examples of acids could be strong or weak like stomach acids. Some examples of bases could also be strong or weak like soap. Do you agree with me. 

During this unit My favorite thing was the chemical reactions lab because it was fun to make different combinations of things. In this chapter I learned that the PH scale measures the strength of acids and bases, I learned about dissolving and if you stir the wayer it increases the rate of dissolving.I also learned how to make solutions such as sugar in water. What I liked least about this chapter was writing  in the study guides. What is the abbreviation for calcium chloride?

One thing that I learned in this unit was that bases are a compound that releases hydoxide ions when dissolved in water. I also learned some examples of acids. They are vinegar, lemon, orange juice, & soda water. I learned about the pH scale too. I learned that the lower the number is on the scale, the stronger the acid is. The higher the number is on the scale, the stronger the base is. The thing I liked best in this unit was doing the "chemistry in a bag" lab  because it was cool to see the calcium chloride change colors & get really hot. My least favorite thing we did in this unit was dropping cabbage juice into little cups because it was almost the same thing as

I  have learned that the smallest part of an element is called an atom.  My favorite thing about this unit is learning about acids. I also liked learning about bases.  I also learned about compounds.  The thing I disliked is that the unit had to end.  Some examples are stomach acids, and citric acid.  Apples, lemons, oranges, and limes.  Some bases are Lye (which is found in soap), and baking soda.  These are some things that I learned in this chapter.

When we learned about Changes in Matter, I learned  what exothermic and endothermic reactions are. An exothermic reaction is a reaction that releases energy in a chemical reaction. An endothermic reaction is a reaction that heat energy is absorbed in a chemical reaction. I also learned what the pH scale is. The pH scale is a set of number between 0 and 14 used to measure the stength of acids and bases. What I liked the best about this unit was all the labs we did. What I did not like about this unit is all the work. One question I had was what is neutralization is?

Hi, it's 57T again talking about this chapter in science.

Some of the things I learned in this chapter are the different types of ions and elements. I also learned about  sientific eqations and how you should test various amounts of variables. what i liked best about this chapter is the deconstructed videoes because i just love to see how things work. The thing i disliked the most about this chapter was, of course, the test.

This chapter was very interesting but im still wandering what are some more easily known element combinations?

Hi, 58 M here. I wanted to tell you some things about this chapter.  First of all, I learned that  soultions can be made from solid, liquid or gas. Second, I learned that the air we breath is a solution, mostly made of nitrogen.  Third, I learned  that plants are effected by acid.  Acid level can even change their color.  My favorite thing about the chapter was the chemistry in a bag lab. This was my favorite because of our bag made a popping sound when we slowly opened it up. The thing I liked least about this chapter was the study guides because they are hard for me.  Finally, I always mixed up endothermic and exothermic.  How did you keep them straight?

Hey it's 59M. I'm just here to tell you some things I learned in science class for this chapter. I learned that a solution is something made up of more than one thing but only appears to be one thing. I also learned that melting is when something is changing from a liquid to a solid. I also learned about acids and bases and the pH scale. The thing I liked best about this chapter was testing things to see if it was an acid or a base. I thought it was really cool using an indicator and getting to put it in the acids and bases. I also liked making our own solutions and mixtures. My mixture was pretzels, peanuts, and cheerios. My solution was water with blue food coloring. My least favorite thig was all the study guides.=[ They are not fun. Now I have a question. Will someone give me some examples of pyhsical changes? Please leave a comment if you can. =] Thanks!

You can enter the text of your blog here!

One thing I learned was that you can form a chemical reaction by mixing two or more things I also learned that you can abbreviations atoms and I learned about mixtures and solutions. my favorite thing about this unit was the science experiment with the purple goop. My least favorite thing was the study guides what was your favorite thing in this unit and your least favorite please write back.

Hey it's 61 M agian and i wanted to tell you some thing about the changes in matter capter we did.  Some things I learned in this chapter is how chemical reactions start and i also learned what an exothermic and endothermic reaction is.  Some things i liked best about this chapter is the labs because we got to make our own chemical reactions.  One thing i did not like about this chapter is the papers we had to do wile we were doing labs. 

One thing that I learned this chapter is that an exothermic reaction is when more energy is given off than taken in. Another thing I learned is that an endothermic reaction is when more energy is taken in than given off. The last thing that I learned this chapter in science is what the pH scale is. It is the acids and bases on a scale from 0 to 14 based on how strong or weak the acid or base is. What I liked best in this chapter was the chemical reaction in a bag which is in the picture because it was cool to see the bag expand and one of the bags in our class popped. What I liked least about this unit was the study guides because I don't like answering like 15 essay questions. The question that I have is how many chemical reactions are there in the world?

The thing i liked best about this unit was the labs.I did not like anything the least in this unit. A question i have is how does water expand but not freeze? In this unit i learned that a solution is two or more things mixed together to create one substance. I also learned that a mixture is created when two or more things are mixed together but can be seperated. Last i learned that a physical change is when something changes but can be recreated.  

In this unit in science, we learned about changes in matter. My favorite thing we did in this chapter was the one science lab we did where we mixed CaCl2 with NaCHO3 and cabbage juice, and put it in the bag, and it started to turn purple and almost blew up! I really didn't dislike anything in this unit. Three thing we learned about in this unit was about solutions, elements, and about compounds. What was your favorite thing?

Hi!!!! It's me again. So yeah we just finished the changes in matter stuff.  So learned all about exothermic and endothermic (I know big words confusing right.)Endothermic is when less is given out , and exothermic is when more is given out. I also learned not all acids will melt stuff. I know Hollywood needs to get there facts straight. I really liked doing the chemistry in a bag stuff. I didn't like the test. But, really i don't like any type of tests. I'm still a bit iffy on how condensation works. Anyone think they can help me out?

In this unit we learned about solutions, mixtures, and both physical and chemical changes. In this unit I liked the lab where we used the baking soda calcium chloride and cabbage juice because the bag got really hot and inflated ,then it blew up! In this unit what I didn't like was the test I forgot to study and did'nt do as well as I wanted to. One question that I had in this unit was, what is the difference between exothermic and endothermic reactions?

Hey its 67 T im going to write about this unit in science. Three things I learned this unit are exothermic and endothermic also I learned what acid is. The thing I liked best this unit was the chemistry in a bag lab. The thing i didnt like this unit was the test because it was hard. I just still dont get what condensation is someone please comment.

The changes in matter chapter was cool. What I like about this chapter is that we did a tone of experiments like the one in the picture. The experiments were real fun. What I didn't like about this chapter is that we had to do many study guides and homework. Home work stinks. I also liked how we got to use the computers for the science test. My favorite experiment was the chemistry in a bag project. We watched the bags blow up and heat up. A few of them popped. The stuff turned purple. I learned that a  solution is two or more things mixted together until you can't see it. Another thing that I learned is about physical changes in matter and chemical changes too. What I want to know is that how did the chemistry in a bag heat up?

Some of the things that I learned in this lesson is that when you mix two things together like water and sugar it makes a solution. I also learned that their was alot of different kinds of acids and bases like soap is a base. The thing I liked most in this unit is the lab when we used cabbage juice to see if the solutions were acids or bases. I liked every thing in this lesson because I learned alot of new stuff. I didn't have trouble with any thing that much but if you have any questions then ask me them.

I have learned what chemical reactions are. I have also learned what an endothermic reaction is, and what an exothermic reaction is. Something that I never knew before was the pH scale, and what a base is. I also learned that a lot of things are acids and bases but half of them aren't dangerous. What I liked the most about this unit was doing the Chemistry in a Bag lab. It was fun because our group's bag popped and we watched the bag warm up and blow up. What I like leaast about this unit was doing the lesson 1 and 2 study guide. Does anybody know any different bases and acids?

One thing I learned in this unit was about solutions. A solution is a mixture in which particles of the solute are evenly distributed amongst particles of the solvent. Examples are sugar water, lemonade, Kool-Aid, and colored water. The second thing I learned about was elements. An element is the simplest form of matter. 2 elements are oxygen (O) and carbon (C). The last thing I learned about was compounds. A compound is two or more different elements mixed to form a substance, such as water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2).

My favorite thing in this unit was the solution project, when we brought in 1 solution and 1 mixture. My least favorite thing was learning about elements. How can you tell if something is an element?

Here are 3 things  i learned about this chapter .The first thing  i learned this chapter is that a chemical and physical change are not the same.The second thing  i learned this chapter is that an acid is not as strong as a base on the Ph scale.The 3rd thing  i learned this chapter is that an indicator changes colors to the level of acidic.The thing that i liked most about this chapter is the chemistry in a bag lab.The thing that i didnt  like the most about this chapter is all of the confusing things.My question is how many vocab words did we have this chapter?

Some things that I learned in this chapter were acids, bases, neutrals, different formulas. What I liked the best in this unit is doing projects that were made into chemical changes. What I liked the least was doing the study guides on lessons 3 and 4. A question i still have about this unit is more on acids, bases, and neutrals.

Hello it's 74 TJ again. This is my Changes of Matter reflection. Three things I learned this unit is a.) the differences between acids and bases, b.) neutralization is the combining of an acid and a base making  water and salt, and c.) the pH scale is numbered from 0 to 14. I liked the acid and base activity the most. The thing I liked the least was learning about excothermic and endothermic. I still don't understand the difference between  excothermic and endothermic. Can all of 6th grade help me.

Hi its 75E again. Three thing i learned in this chapter were about physical changes and chemical changes. I also learmed about chemical reactions. A physical change is like when you cut a pice of wood. A physical change is when you change the state. A chemical change is when you burn a pice of toast you can not unburn it. A chemical reaction is when you have baking soda and cabage jucie together. I liked the chemical in a bag lab. I liked every thing about  this chapter. I still have questions about chemical reactions....

In this chapter I learned a buch a things! The main thing I learned is what matteris. Matter is  anything that takes up space! I also, learned what an element is. An element is the simplest form of matter! The thing that I enjoyed most in this chapter is the lad with the calcium cloride, cabbage jucie, and baking soda. The reason I liked this lab was I liked how the bag blew up and then exploded in the bag! My least favorite part of the lesson was the lab with the the many different appliences and then we have to add cabbage juice to determain if the solvent was a acid or a base! The reason I didn't like this lab is most of the solvents were danreous and if you smelt them or touched them they would hurt you. I didn't really have any questions on this unit. So, thanks for reading my blog!

In this science lesson, Changes in matter, I learned a lot. Here are some of the things I learned. I learned the difference between a physical and chemical change which is that a physical change may change the way it looks but it still has the same chemical properties or formula. Another thing I learned is that a symbol is a abbreviation for an element or compound, and I learned what a formula is, it is a chemical equation that forms a chemical change and a solution.

What I liked most about this chapter is the chemical change lab, it is the lab that we first mixed calcium cloride,baking soda,and cabbage juice.

I liked everything about this lesson so I have nothing that I dont like.

Now I have a question for you, Is soap an acid or a base?

In this chapter I learned about chemical and physical changes in matter. I also learned about chemical reactions in this chapter. We also learned about endothernic and exothermic energy, but i still can't tell the difference. One more thing we learned about were acids and bases. A strong acid can eat through metal, but most acids are found in foods that we eat such as apples, lemons, and limes. What is the difference between an endothermic reaction and exothermic reaction.

What's up? It's 79 S with my Changes in Matter Reflection. Three things I learned were exothermic reactions, endothermic reactions, and that strong bases are as dangerous as strong acids. I didn't know those things before. What I liked best was the projects. We did a lot of fun projects in this chapter. What I liked the least was going over mixtures and solutions. My question is, Give three examples of exothermic reactions and three examples of endothermic reactions. So COMENT=http://!

80-b here with a great blog and i am going to talk about changes in matter :). This is about chapter 3 and i gotta tel ya about it. The thing I liked about this chapter was the chemical reaction and the bubbling from the product of chemicals(there was some crazy thing there but it was super cool :). I also liked the finding out witch one could be the warm one I thought it was the baking soda I was wrong it was the type of salt that can't remember the name of and (on the 1st experiment I liked when the bag got melted and some of the liquid went though to the big bag :) ). So if you want a good experiment don't do bad ones

Three things I learned in this chapter is what a mixture is , a mixture is anything mixed to together. Also I learned what a physical change is , a physical change is only changing the phase. One example is ice melting. Last, I learned what a solution is, a solution is when two thing are mixed together and one dissolves. . What I liked best about this unit was the Chemistry in a bag experiment. I did not dislike anything about this unit. A question I have about this unit is what are some examples of exothermic and endothermic reactions.

This unit I learned that not all acids are harmful, and some acids are in the food we eat. Another thing i learned is how the pH scale works. I learned that strong bases are at the top of the scale and weak acids are at the bottom. The last thing i learned is that a product is what the substance you get after a chemical reaction. The thing i enjoyed most about this chapter is the lab we did with the baking soda, calcium chloride and the beet juice. I did not enjoy the test was very difficult for me. I get confused with exothermic and endothermic energy, so one question I have is how can I easily remember which one is which. 

I did not do well.

In this chapter we learned about changes in matter such as physical and chemical changes.  In a physical change the object is in a different form but can be changed back.  In a chemical change the object completely changes form, it can not be changed back.  We also did lots of fun experiments including  mixing cabbage juice with baking soda ahd calcium chloride.  It felt hot and cold at the same time, it was a chemical reaction.  I have a question for you name one example of a chemical reaction? 

Three things that I learned in this unit were that there are 2 types of changes in matter - chemical and pysical, that  calcium cloride gets extremely hot when mixed with water or cabbage juice, and that acids have numbers 0-6 onthe pH scale and bases have numbrs8-14 on the pH scale. Neutrals have the number7 on the pH scale.

Hey it's L1 again. We did a new lesson called "Changes in Matter."  I'm going to tell you 4 things about this lesson that i learned. 1. There are 3 states of matter liquid,solid,and gas. All types of matter take up space. 2. Melting point is a point when it turns to a solid to a gas. 3.Boiling point is when a substance that changes from a liquid to a gas. 4.Freezing point changes from a liquid to a solid.

this year i learned what a solvent and solute and a product. a solvent is a substance that disssolves other materials. a solute is a substance that is dissolved, and a product is a substance that is formed in a chemical reaction. The best thing i liked is doing the roler skateing expearment. the thing i don't like is doing nutens law of motion. 

the thing i don't is the deffinishon of reactant.  

The three things i learned is that acid's have a low number on the pH scale. I learned what chemical reactions and physical reactions do. And i learned that when you mix a base and a acid you get mater and salt.

I learned that the melting point of an ice cube is when it melts from an ice cube to water.

My favorite thing was when you put cabbage juice with the styrophome looking balls and that other stuff, it turned hot.

I didn't like when we had to work.

Would the experiment turned hot if we used water instead of cabbage juice?

Three things I learned in this unit is atoms, acids, and bases. The thing I liked best in this unit was the acid and base lab. The thing I did not like about this unit was the atom lab.  Here is a question for you "What is the difference's between and acid and a base and give and example of each?"

I learned that hydrogen is an acid. I liked the bag lab. I had trouble remembering the difference between hydrogen and hydroxide.

II learned that dilut means small. I liked the bag lab because i like expairamentts that pop.

I learned that there are atoms in every thing. My best unit was the when we did the popcorn unit, because I got to eat popcorn. I not disliked any of it I loved the hole thing. What was you faverit part?

The first thing I learned in this unit was physical change. Physical change is when something is changed but is still the same thing that you started with. Next, I learned about chemical change.  When this happens you see bubbles and a gas forming.  I also learned about matter.  All of the things around us is matter.  One thing I liked is the experiment with the cabbage juice, soda and chloride.  When we mixed it, it got fizzy and the bag got big.  I really liked this unit, there really was nothing I didn't like.  Why does bubbles and gas form in a chemical change? 

The three things i learned in this Chapter is, I learned what an acid is, an acid is, a compound that releases hydrogen ions in water. The secound thing i learned was Acids contain, alot of different properties. The third thing i learned about is, A solid has a definite shape  and definite volume. My favorite thing for this chapter was, I loved all the Labs we did! I didnt really have a least thing about this chapter.  But i have one question, im still confused what an neutralization is for?

i learned how all of the stuff works i did not like doing all of the homwork i do likethe exparments

Article posted November 18, 2010 at 02:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

This chapter was about solid, liquid, and gas which are the 3 states of matter. Matter can change from oe state to another. Melting is when a solid changes to a liquid. Freezing is when a liquid changes to a solid. Evaporation and boiling changes liquid to a gas. Condensation is when a gas changes to a liquid. It was also about solutions. In a solution you have a solvent which is a substance that dissolves other materials. A solute isthe substance that is dissolved. Solutions don't have to be liquid. The air we breathe and also lots of solids are really solutions. Another thing we learned was about chemical reactions and energy in chemical reactions. An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction in which more energy is given off than taken in. An example of this is burning wood. An endothermic reaction is a reaction in which more energy is taken in than given off. An example of this is using an ice pack.

3 things that learned is one i learned what a mixture is.  It is 2 or more things mixed together and you can see all the subtances. Also i learned that an Acid is a compound that releases hydrogen ions in water.The last thing i learned was that a solution is a mixture of 2 or more things and you cant see all the particals.I loved the labs in this unit. But i didnt like the Study Guides.My qustion is what is a molecule again?

Hello I am 20n.I learned the difference between evaporation and condensation which is evaporation is a liquid turning into a gas and condensation is gas going to a liquid,a solvent, such as water, dissolves solutes, such as sugar, and I learned that a reactant that undergoes a chemical reaction turns into a product.I liked when we made those bags pop with science. I didn't dislike anything. My question is about how that bag poped in the experiment and how others didn't?

One of the three things I lerned about is: I learned about the fact that most acids you eat on a normal basis.  There is a pH scale that tells you if they are dangerous or not. Another thing I learned is that you see physical and chemical changes everyday. The last thing I learned about is if you mix certain particles together it becomes heat. The thing I liked about this chapter is the lab we did where we mixed the particles together and it became heat. The thing I didn't like about this chapter is it didn't have enough experiments and it wasn't interesting.

But I wonder what chemical is the most dangerous.

What I liked about this chapter was the labs we did . I liked this because Ilike experimenting with things and labs are kind of like them . My favorite lab in the chapter was the " Experimenting with Acids and Bases " lab.This was myfavorite lab because I thought it was interesting how if a liquid was an acid , a base , or neutral it would turn a certain color . During that lab I learned what the Ph scale was and how it worked to tell you if something was a acid , or a base . I also thought it was interesting how a strong base could burn your skin just as bad as a strong acid . I still don't understand how that works .

Three things that we learned in this unit are acids and bases. An acid is a compound that releases hydrogen irons in water. Bases are a compound that releases hydroxide irons when dissolved in water. The other thing we learned about is the pH scale. The ph scale is a set of  numbers between 0 and 14 used to measure the strength of acids bases. What my favorite project was Chemistry in a Bag. There is nothing I i liked least in this unit.  Here is my question what is a molecule?

Hi I am 33T i'm going to tell you what i learn about this chapter.One thing i learn about  is base.Base is are a compound that releases hydroxide ions when dissolved in water. Other thing i learn was about mixture. Mixture is you  mix together.the last thing i learn wasmatter . Matter is anything that take up space.I like the popcorn lab the best in this chapter.I like everything about the chapter.i'm still dose not get solutin  HELP ME!

I learned what an acid, base and the pH scale. Acid is some thing that can burn your skin. A base is a compound that releases hydroxide ions when dissolved in water. The pH scale is where you can tell if an acid or a base is a storng acid or base or a weak acid or base. 

What i learned in science in this chapter is about physical and chemical changes.  Some seamples of chemical changes are baking a cake, frying an egg, and burning wood.  Some examples of physical chamges are cutting hair, bending a piece of metal, and breaking a piece of glass.  Something else we learned in science is solvents and solutes.  A solvent is something that dissolves the solute.  The solute is being dissoloved by the solvent.  What I liked in this chapter was doin the Chemical Reactions lab.  I liked that lab because it was very cool to see the reactions with the cabbage juice, baking soda, and calcium chloride mixed together.  I did not dislike anything in this chapter.  What would happen if we mixed baking soda, calcium chloride, and water?

What I learned in this chapter is that a base is th oppsite of a acid, I also learned that not all acids are strong. Another thing that I learned is that you get a salt when you mix an acid and a base together. I really liked it when Mr. Phillips showed us the movie about mixtures and solotions. I did not like it when we did the dolsiving lab. How did they make up the pH scale?

36R

I learned that the pH scale is made out of elements.I learned that a strong acid burns your skins and are piousness.A neutralization is a process in which an acid and a base react to produce a salt and water.I like the project when we mixed alot of stuff together and it turned green and it was hot.I did not like it when we put the nail in nail polish it was sooooooo borning=http://! I want to know if a ballon will ever pop in the sun.

My favorite thing about the lesson we were in is when we did the salt baking soda and cabbage juice project we were doing the test right now but i think that was the best project yet I had really fun with MY FRIENDS it was awesome when the bag was really hot all of us put it on our cheeks and it was really comfortable and we all learned how to do it and we all knew wat made it hot at the end it was the salt that made it hot it was AWESOME. 

In this chapter I learned about how when you mix some stuff together you can make a new substance.  One thing I liked was when we  did the lab that we mixed the baking soda and chloride together and the bag got hot and it blew up like a balloon.  The one thing I didn't like was all the paperwork that we had to do in this chapter.  What kinds of things happen when there is a chemical reaction?                                                                                                                                                                                                           

In this chapter we lean about the three phases of matter. We lean about mixture and solution. Last thing we lean is acid and bases. The three phases of matter is gas, solid, and liquid. To describe the particles i will start with soild is hard. Gas is air. Liquid is a water in the air. 

What I learned is that a element  is one of the parts of which something is made up. The simplest form of matter. Also, that an acid is a compound or substance that increases the concentration of hydrogen ions. The one thingI liked the most was the lab when we put all of the elements together and the bag blew up. The thing I didn't like the most about this lesson was that we had to do so many papers=http://! What is an ion???

What I liked about this chapter is the lab with the chemistry in a bag because it was very cool. What I learned in this chapter is the pH scale, a pH scale is a scale to see how weak and strong acids and bases are. What I didn't like about this chapter is the test it was very hard. My question is can acids and bases mix?

What it learned in this unit are Solutions and Mixtures.  A solution has a solvent and a solute.  A mixture is anything mixed together.  An example for a solution is Monster Nitrous.  The solvent was carbonated water and the solute is citric acid.  We also learned that molecules are made up of hydrogen and oxygen atoms.  I was not sure the differences of chemical and physical changes.  Can someone explain it to me?

In this unit I learned that there are many acids that wont hurt you. One thing I did not know what bases were. I also learned  about the Ph scale and how it goes from 0 to 14. One thing i really liked about the unit was all the projects we did and how much they helped me. the one I likeed the most is the acid or base on because it was cool seeing what were acids or bases.

My favorite part about this lesson was the lab that we did with the salt, baking soda, and the cabbage juice. My least favorite part about this lesson was the test, but I think the lab was still the coolest. The entire lab was fun to though.The hardest part about the chapter was memorizing the study guides for the test. One thing that I learned was some acids are harmless because some of them you can eat. Another thing I learned was about how food we eat is also an acid because I never knew that I was eating an acid. Oh and one question name one acid that is eatable and one that is harmful to.

In this chapter I learned about heat and matter and how chemical and physical reations happen.  My favorite part of this lesson is the heat experiment.  It was cool how the baking soda, chloride and the cabbage juice turned green and it became hot when we mixed them together.  One thing I didn't like about this chapter was trying to figure out physical and chemical reactions.  What kind of things happen when there is a chemical change?