Copyright (c) 2014 by A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
A -- Blogmeister

Andrea's blog

2010-2011

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by A

teacher: Derek Milloy

Title: weekly bog: for Feb 4, your choice of topic (03/01/11)
Description: Weekly blogs should start with some prewriting activity (brainstorming, listing, making a web,...), should be revised, and should be edited before publishing.

Article posted January 12, 2011 at 03:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 495

In social studys we are learning about immigrants is when you immgrant from a differnt country. Like if you are in the U.S.A you can come into Canada. At lest evrey year there are like thousands immigrants come every year. That is alot for me.

Lat year i was in Mr.Milloys class this year is the 2 time in this class. Last year our social studys we learened about Japan it was nite to learn what the eat and were and history. One of the main food that they eat is rice and more.

Did you know that children have to wake up at 5:00 most of the times because to do some chores and get ready for school?Well they do after school they have to go home and do more chores. I would not like it because it is way to early.

Well can you answer this ?

Would you like to live in Japan? or like to vist when you just finsh reading if you do leave a comment thank you.

Article posted February 4, 2011 at 04:36 AM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 80

WARNIG: IF YOU ARE SCARED FROM LOOKING UNDER YOUR BED AT NIGHT DO NOT READ THIS ARTICLE. BUT IF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH READ ON.

Drake was 23 years old. He had come to England to study. His older brother sent Drake his very own cellphone. After 2 weeks Drake lost his cellphone. He looked all around the house. Then he tried using the landline phone so he could hear his cellphone's ring and follow it. Expept someone answerd the phone, the person was screaming and choking. Drake tried again. This time when the person answered the phone it said, " I see you.....I'm coming..." Drake thought someone had stolen his cellphone and now was playing a trick on him. 2 hours later Drake found his phone under his bed....

Article posted February 3, 2011 at 02:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 159

Hi, today I’m going to talk about Martin Luther King Jr. Martin is also known as M.L. Martin was a brave man. He believed that words beat guns. Martin’s dad is Martin Luther King Sr., His mom is Alberta King,his brother Alfred Daniel Williams King, his sister Willie Christine King,and his other sister Sen Feng King.Martin lost his life by fighting for fair laws. King spoke a speech at Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on August 28, 1963. Sadly on April 4, 1968 (age 39) he was assassinated by James Earl Ray. I think Martin Luther King Jr. is a strong man. If he was a alive he would be a very special man. Even though he’s gone he’s a hero to many people. But Martin did a very brave thing. -Gurleen ☺

Hi i'm Param i'm here to give you tips to keep your books in good conditon.Rule#1.never open the book that your reading to wide, if you do there will be a huge white line down the spine.Rule#2.If your reading a hardcover alway's make the spine lying down flat if you don't the bottom edge of the book will be broken and the more chances the book will break apart.well bye for now i'll look for more tip's to keep your books in a good condition so bye.

Hi my name is Danzel Im going to talck about 'ROBOTS!!!',robots are machines with legs,wheels,motion sensors,and arms with hands.I like robots because they are atoumatic mechanical machines and they can be useful for help with people also they can solve mathimatic problems and they can fight in a match with a other kind of robot also there are toy robot,robots that are bugs,and robots that are remote control and many more types of robots in the hole wide world but=http://! dont fo get the one in 'japan=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!!'

Article posted February 4, 2011 at 04:09 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 61

Hi, I read a book called The Art of AVATAR. It was one of the coolest books I have ever read. In the book, the art of Avatar was explained. It showed how the characters were originally made. First, rough sketches were made to show the character. Then, sculptures made out of cement were created to represent the characters. Then finally, the characters were developed and animated at the studio. That is why it took 15 years to complete and edit this masterpiece. In the book, James Cameron, Director of the two most grossing films in Hollywood history(Avatar and Titanic), was quoted saying "When I sat down to write the first draft of avatar in 1995, it burst forth like a river through a dam, seeming to write itself in only 3 weeks". That sure is a short time compared to how long it took to release the movie! Avatar is now the highest grossing movie of all time,making approximately 1.2 billion dollars USD.

Avatar is, and always will be one of my favorite movies of all-time because of its special effects. Thank you for reading my article!

Welcome  to this special edition of Carlo's blog! Today,  I will talk about a website called Voki.com , and why I've decided to do so.

In Voki, you can make a talking character. These 'Vokis' can say whatever you want them to! You can also customize their face, gender, voice, color of skin, hair, and their clothing. So create your own Voki today! Please comment. PLEASE!

Hi this is Mariah today is Robert Burns Day!!!Now he was know for his poems and we preformed a contribute to him at our school assembly today and our class creed! I will tell you the truth I was a bit nervous.We preformed one of one of his

many poems Address to a HAGGIS!!! I also read a

parts of his many poems including Auld lang syne,

Bannock Burn and many more it was fun well gotta go to da loo and The class creed preformance was

great they clapped for us alot and really enjoyed it.

What is Pennies for Peace?

Pennies for Peace is an organization that collects pennies for Afghanistan and Pakistan to build schools for the children there, because children in Pakistan and Afghanistan don't have very many schools and don't have very good education. Lately, my class has been collecting pennies from students in our class and some people from other classes have been donating as well. We are going to give the pennies to the organization. So far we have collected 1 full jar and a little bit in a second jar but we are not done collecting. Today is February 4, 2011. We hope that you will donate to Pennies for Peace. To find out more on how you can donate and more about the organization go to penniesforpeace.org.

Article posted February 4, 2011 at 03:18 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 172

Hi it's andrea again this is a plan b skateboard  i do skateboard and my favourite skateboarder is Ryan sheckler he has been skateboarding since he was 11 years old.

Article posted February 4, 2011 at 02:28 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 72

Guess what!A couple days ago,a woman came knocking on our door saying that they're was going to be a filming.A show called "Fringe," right across my house!When I heard that I was soo excited,but when she said they're only filming for one scene,I was kind of dissapointed.Well anyway that wasn't really the only reason she came,she also came to ask us if we were okay with them filming if here.That was something exciting for me,because no show or movie was actually filmed near my house.Isn't that lucky?

Greek, Roman, and Egyptian there all the same. Same stories same battles. But what is different is how they believed and how the showed passion to they’re beliefs and gods. Over the course of the years people stopped believing in the stories and named them myths and they started believing the one and only god that watches over all of us. Something that I feel mystified about is that those people had a way of living how life was created and how there were storms and fire, they had a way of explaining creation and their way of life, and so we do. We believe god almighty created the earth the stars and the galaxies. We started believing in god when other people stopped believing in their myths, dose this mean in the future humans would think that what we belive right now are just some simple myths?

Article posted February 2, 2011 at 03:28 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 78

Last Tuesday( January 25, 2011) was Robby Burns Day! Hooray! First, we had an assembly.But before we did that we rehersaled our lines for the poem.You see, our teacher Mr.Miloy is saying the poem in scottish and we translate it in english so the non scottish can understand what he's talking about! We all rehersed our lines and everyone could memorize them because everyone had one line to say.Our teacher also brought some haggis to the assembly to show the whole school.When we were walking into the gym my teacher was playing the bagpipes.We all walked in a formal line.We explained to the school what day it was today and what we were going to do.Then we sat down the haggis on the table, with the knife.Eight people talked about Robby Burns.His peoms,about him, how great he was.Then the people who weren't the eight people said their line after Mr.Miloy said the line in Scottish. Then when we were finished we all said,"Serve up the Haggis!" but we said it in Scottish.We only learned about Robby Burns a little bit.Well, that's the end of my story! THE END! Have a nice day!

Hi, last week my class was learning about Marten Luther King. Marten Luther King was born on January 15, 1929 and passed on April 4, 1968. Marten Luther King was a vary brave man and loved to play. He made a big different in the world. Sadly he was killed. He was a good man. He was fighting for a long time. He made the best speech ever I Have a Dream Speech. He fought for freedom, and to end the Jim Crow laws forever. Some black people are steel not free. Still some black people are being treated badly because of there skin.

I hop that more people would treated all people the same.

Hey Its me again today I will be talking about Book swap its when all the students bring books and then swap them for nice one but they bring the books they dont want or are old from there homes.So today we had book swap so all have got books everyone one was so excited they were running to the book swap well anyways thats all I have to say for today

BYE!

Ever wonder why The Mona Lisa painting is so famous? Well, I did too. Until I came across a book based on The Mona Lisa . Leonardo Da Vinci made thousands of paintings. Nature, Animals, Portraits, and many more. They were good, and maybe famous. But The Mona Lisa painting was very famous, all over the world, she was, is, and forever will be the greatest paintings of all times. But why is she so famous? Yes, it is the smile, but there’s a huge secret behind the smile. It’s part of why The Mona Lisa is so famous. Leonardo Da Vinci was born in Italy. And of course, the painting was done in Italy too. But it was so great that it was taken to France, and held at The Grande Gallery Of The Louvre Museum. But, anyways lets get back to the secret. As you know, The Mona Lisa painting was kept at France, until somebody, came to the Louvre and STOLE the painting! He thought that Leonardo is from Italy, the painting should be brought to Italy. So, he took it there. And sold it to some people. Well, at least he tried to. The police came to take the painting, but, instead of taking the painting. They took the thief to jail! They knew that the painting was from France, and that he stole it from the Grande Louvre! So, that’s part of the reason why The Mona Lisa is so famous. Leonardo was glad he created the PAINTING HE CALLED…. 

MONA LISA

Article posted January 29, 2011 at 02:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 79

In class we read a book called "Three Cups of Tea". This book is about Greg Mortenson, a man who is helping many children in Pakistan and Afghanistan by building schools for them.

Now,  he has an organization, the CAI ( Central Asia Institute) who is helping build the schools, but at the beginning not many people helped him with donations, but some of the first who did were children, they were collecting pennies. That is what my class is doing.

Three days ago, we shared our idea of collecting pennies to donate for the Pennies for Peace organization ( an organization that collects pennies to donate for the CAI)  with our school. We were talking about how some children in Afghanistan and Pakistan don't have a school and a teacher, because they can't afford one. Today, we have a jar full of pennies for Pennies for Peace, and we are still collecting more. 

Article posted March 5, 2011 at 02:30 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 772

Charles Macintosh - Great inventor of raincoat, do you even know him? Me too at first I dont know. I am reading a book about inventors and I saw his name and I am confused. Who is this inventor? His invention is so useful why dont we know him?

Imagine a world without raincoat.It was raining so bad and your walking from school to your home. You dont have an umbrella, what will you do? Raincoats are so useful in our lives. I am ashamed that I dont know Mr.Charles Macintosh. A book is really useful, because of it i can know great people who are not recognized.

Raincoats are water proof clothes that protects you from getting wet. Its very useful especially when its raining.

Thank you Mr.Charles Macintosh, your invention is very useful to use especially in a rainy weather.

THANK YOU!

I like to skateboard, and my favourite skateboarding brand is Plan b.