Copyright (c) 2014 by C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
C -- Blogmeister

Carlo: Master Of All Matter-

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by C teacher: Derek Milloy

Reflecting on Touching Spirit Bear

When I first read 'Touching Spirit Bear', I thought it would be boring. But I decided to read it anyway (Like I had a choice). The characters were all unique and  the author did a great job of bringing me into the story.

When the main character, Cole, nearly died, it felt like the whole story had flipped upside-down. The bully that Cole was known as saw the world in a different perspective, which was really important for the story, and taught us that anyone can change their ways.

I also learned a few things from the story, like life 'is what you make of it'(which taught me that you can look at things any way you want; good or bad), 'animals have something to teach us'(which tought me that you can learn something from any animal, like from taking care of a pet), and 'everything is part of a big circle'(which taught me that everything is connected in some way; even frogs and space dust).

All in all, Touching Spirit Bear was a book that I enjoyed a lot, and I think that it is a book which you can learn some pretty important lessons from.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM • comment • Reads 40 • see all articles

I like taekwondo and computers. And water.