Copyright (c) 2014 by C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
C -- Blogmeister

Carlo: Master Of All Matter-

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by C teacher: Derek Milloy

Article posted April 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 166

Here's a little drawing of a futuristic machine I whipped up.

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 09:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 60

What do kids say about sleep? Well, read this.

Imagine you're a kid on a Monday Morning. You are sleeping. A distressing noise is heard. It is your alarm clock. You wish you'd slept more the previous night. Wait... don't kids hate sleep? Actually, in a survey, 1,000+ kids were asked whether they wanted to have more sleep. 70% said they did! That's like 700 of them. So, kids do like sleep.

When I first read 'Touching Spirit Bear', I thought it would be boring. But I decided to read it anyway (Like I had a choice). The characters were all unique and  the author did a great job of bringing me into the story.

When the main character, Cole, nearly died, it felt like the whole story had flipped upside-down. The bully that Cole was known as saw the world in a different perspective, which was really important for the story, and taught us that anyone can change their ways.

I also learned a few things from the story, like life 'is what you make of it'(which taught me that you can look at things any way you want; good or bad), 'animals have something to teach us'(which tought me that you can learn something from any animal, like from taking care of a pet), and 'everything is part of a big circle'(which taught me that everything is connected in some way; even frogs and space dust).

All in all, Touching Spirit Bear was a book that I enjoyed a lot, and I think that it is a book which you can learn some pretty important lessons from.

Article posted March 2, 2012 at 03:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 71

13/6/2078

When I first started to notice the world around me, I first began to feel the emotions, colours, and noises everywhere. Along with this consciousness came a greed. There came a greed for knowledge, power, things I couldn't even begin to explain. As I grew older, I yearned to relive the simpler life once more. I wanted to ignore the constant screaming of feelings and thoughts in my mind. I felt weary of this noisy lifestyle. Which is why I decided to go on a journey of sorts, trying to find some way for me to live peacefully. Someone in the earlier 21st century would've easily found peace in clear beaches and open wilderness, but I simply cannot go that path, as people nowadays live in stacked cities with little room to spare, and one would simply not find any peace and quiet since the Breaking. I will go now, as I have more matters at hand to attend to.

-Unknown Traveller

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 03:17 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 68

On Monday, February 6, 2012, I achieved an impressive thing only millions can dream of. I made a movie! Granted, it was less than a minute long, but still, a MOVIE!!! It was a stop-motion animation film involving a Slime (Minecraft anyone?), an alligator, and a guy in a bush. It was really fun to make, and even funnnier to watch. The production had its ups and downs, like us having to redo the audio eight (or more) times to get it right. Overall, it was a great learning experience and I hope to make more films in the future.

Go to thedirectorscut.ca and try to find Slime's Rvenge.

10+0=2 (Figure out why!)

Cole Matthews is the main character in Touching Spirit Bear. He's in two of my older articles, so I advise you scroll down. When he fought a spirit bear and nearly died, he pulled a clump of fur off of it. Later, when he was at the hospital, recovering from his injuries, he told his story to Garvey(his parole officer) and Edwin(a Tlingit elder), they didn't believe he fought a spirit bear. But he had its fur to prove it. When he went out of the hospital, he threw the clump of fur into a river and watched it float downstream, saying that he didn't need any proof, and that his proof were his words.

courtesy of Wikipedia, A REAL SPIRIT BEAR!

Why did he get rid of it? Ithink he got rid of it because he didn't need to prove anything anymore.

Why do you think he got rid of it? Please comment and share your opinion.

Article posted January 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

I've seen and played a LOT of games on the Internet. But I like to play games that are actually good.

So, if you want to play some Internet games, here are 5 that I like:

Best puzzle game: Bloxors  (Tip the Bloxor to get it in the hole)

Best puzzle adventure game: Shift 1 to 4 (The narrator lies a lot)

Best stupid game: Super Mario Bros. Goomba Mode (You're the bad guy)

Best sidescrolling shooter: Aqua Slug (It's intensely difficult)

Hardest game (No, not Aqua Slug): The World's Hardest Game(The less you die, the better your score)

I hope you like these games, cuz' they're fun!

What is loss? Loss is gult, loss is anger, loss is sympathy, loss is grief.

Loss is that knot in your gut after a pet dies.

Loss is the emptiness in your heart when yor grampa passes away.

And most of all, loss is what lets us move on.

I've written about Cole bfore, so if this is new to you, scroll down and read the previous article.

Recently, after Cole was mauled by a spirit bear and nearly died:

Page 68

Cole stared down at his chest. The bear's claws had raked him open. His shredded shirt exposed gashes with long strips of flesh missing.

Cole seem far from okay. In fact, he's almost dead. But he says he's fine, later in page 102:

Page 102

"He's been attacked by a bear." Cole nodded. Fear flashed in Garvey's eyes. "I'm okay," Cole succeeded in grunting weakly. A thin smile failed ti hide Garvey's concern. :Half your bones are busted, your body is swollen like one big mosquito bite, and you're nearly starved to death. Believe me Champ, you're not okay.: Cole forced a nod. "I am okay," he grunted again.

Why? Is Cole okay? He says yes but his injuries say no.

I think why he said he was okay was because he saw beauty in his life earlier. He saw how beautiful the world really was.

And that's why I think he says he is okay.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 12:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 337

When your bucket is full, you're pretty happy. When it's pretty empty, you're rather upset. Cole Matthews, a troubled teen in a book called Touching Spirit Bear, had a usually empty bucket. He was a really lonely guy, and he had no friends. And how did he try to solve his problem? He bullied and robbed.

He had a need for fun. He fulfilled that need by teasing kids, wrecking things, and stealing. He also had a need for power, and he fulfilled that by making people fear him (and by threatening a spirit bear, only to get mauled by it) He had a need for belonging, and he fulfilled that by bullying others and making other people laugh at the person getting teased. And finally, he had a need for freedom, fulfilled by trying to escape the island he was banished to in the story.

So it seems pretty obvious othat Cole is a bully, right? Well yes, but after he gets mauled by that spirit bear mentioned earlier, he nearly dies and goes through a journey of self-realization.

I like taekwondo and computers. And water.