Copyright (c) 2014 by A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
A -- Blogmeister

Abhi's Blog

2010-2011

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by A

teacher: Derek Milloy

Article posted May 4, 2011 at 05:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 268

Balance is something everyone needs in life. Balance in things you do like fun to work, balanced eating, etc. Almost everything in your life needs balance. Balance is needed for a balanced life. Also, there is balance in stuff like the circus, so balance is very important in almost everything.

The type of balance I will talk about is having fun and doing what you 'ought to do. What you 'ought to do always has to come first, but having fun is very important as well. So you have to keep a balance of then. Thank you for reading my article.

This is from brawlinthefamily.com. Hilarious stuff! 

I like brawlinthefamily because of their funny comic strips that relate to my favorite video gaming characters like Mario. Brawl in the family relates to what type of comic strips they make. Brawl is a video game of all nintendo and some other character, and most of their comic strips are from there.

Article posted April 29, 2011 at 05:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

Doing Your homework, Doing your chores, these are just a few ways of showing responsibility in your life. Being responsible is just how you 'ought to be. It will only benefit you at the end. So do what you have to do, because it helps you, your parents, your teacher, and you'll get better effort marks in school. Be a role model!

Article posted April 29, 2011 at 05:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 93

What music do we listen to? You may think that you choose the music you listen, but you are only partially correct. The music we listen to is determined by our selves, but the way we get to know about theses songs is a whole different story. Many companies, such as Pepsi, buy the right to use artists' music in their commercial. That influences us as to what we hear and are exposed to. Well it's not all marketing a song that gets us to listen to it, but its a part of it. Singers still need to sound good, but not as much as when there were no commercials. Radio stations also get effected by this, they have to play whatever song is hot. In the summer I remember hearing "California Gurls" by Katy Perry 3 straight times on a radio station, because that song had lots of publicity.

The way an artist dresses could also effect popularity,but not that much. The way an artist acts also could effect popularity. The type of music, lyrics, and beat of a song all go into effecting a song's or artists' popularity.

In a commercial, the main thing being sold is the main product, but its not just the product being sold. It's the brand and if there is a song and/or artist in the commercial, that's also being sold. Pepsi is known for having artists in their commercial such as: Pink, Brittney Spears, and Beyonce. Brisk Ice Tea has had Emenim in one of their commercial as well. Thank You for reading my article. Peace!

Tonight is game 7 of the 7-game series of the 'Nucks and 'Hawks. After leading in the series 3 games to 0, this has to come as a surprise, aswell as a dissapointment. Chicago has won three straight games by scores of: 7-2, 5-0, and most recently 4-3 in overtime. Since Raffi Torres (Canucks) hit Brent Seabrook (Chicago), it has felt like the momentum has shifted in Chicago's way. It fired them up I guess. Now game 7 in Vancouver will take place and everyone is a nervous wreck, including me.

After the game...

Whoaah we finally beat the Hawks. That game was thrilling, even if your not a Canucks fan. The stakes couldn't have gotten much higher. Game 7 OT! Then Chicago got a power play, I was shocked. I was so nervous I had to sit in the washroom the entire power play. Then came the goal by Burrows. All the tension built up when he knocked the puck out of mid-air with his hand. Then came the shot....score. I was ecstatic! It was awesome! The Canucks round 2 opponent will be the Nashville Predators. Can't wait. Fantasy points coming soon...

Article posted April 11, 2011 at 04:05 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 72

To me, parts of this video look fake, but then again, I know that some parts are true. So I don't know if it's true or not. So check out this simply amazing video for yourself and leave a comment saying what you think. I'd love to hear what you know, think and answer any questions. The song played in the background is "Mecha Love" by Haduken (No idea who they are LOL).

Article posted April 11, 2011 at 03:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Not again! Everyone that follows hockey knows that the Chicago Blackhawks have eliminated the Vancouver Canucks for two straight years. Well, that might happen again as the Canucks' first round opponent will be the Blackhawks. The standings might give Vancouver the edge in this series, but Chicago is not a team to be taken lightly. So the big question will be to see if the Canucks' have "shaken the demons" lurking around from the past 2 years.

The first game of the series will take place in Vancouver because Vancouver has secured home advantage through the entire playoffs because they clinched the #1 spot in the league. Also known as the presidents' trophy. The Canucks' will have all their starting players on their roster on the first game except Manny Malhotra due to eye surgery, he is expected to miss the entire playoffs due to his injury.

The last part of this article is my 2011 playoff fantasy team. So here it is!

Forwards

1. LW Daniel Sedin Van C Henrik Sedin Van RW Correy Perry ANA

2. LW Henrik Zetterberg DET C Sidney Crosby PIT RW Dany Heatley SJ

3. LW Patrick Marleau SJ C Pavel Datsyuk DET RW Bobby Ryan ANA

4. LW Ryan Kesler C Joe Thornton RW Jonathon Toews

Defenceman

Nicklas Lidstrom DET Drew Doughty LA

Zdeno Chara BOS Dan Boyle SJ

Brent Seabrook CHI Duncan Keith CHI

Goaltenders

Roberto Luongo Van Tim Thomas BOS

If you also have one please write it in a comment. I will be writing articles before all Canucks' games to preview the game and my fantasy points. Thanks for reading my article, I hope the Canucks succeed!!

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 03:01 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 75

This is one of my favorite songs of all-time by one of my favorite bands of all-time! Enjoy this song by a band called Hedley based out of Surrey, B.C., Canada!

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 02:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

In science class we did experiments on static electricity, and magnets. I today will be talking about one experiment about static electricity. During the experiment, we rubbed a balloon on two peoples' heads, then stuck the balloon to the wall. I wondered why this happened, so I searched it up the day after. What keeps your hair down is a balanced mix of protons and neutrons, so when we rubbed the balloon which also had a balanced mix, all the protons and neutrons mixed causing our hair to stick up.

The reason why the balloon stuck to the wall is when you rub a balloon against something, it takes the electrons from that object (in this case your hair) and it becomes a negatively charged object. When you put the balloon near a wall, the electrons in the wall are repelled away from the balloon, and the protons are attracted to the balloon! Thank You for reading my article! Peace!

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 04:29 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 90

Avatar                            

Movie Review

Avatar is an epic thriller that will shock everyone that how cruel human beings can be, and what they can do to obtain money. Wondering why I would make that statement, well you’ll find out soon enough.

This is how the story all began. When his twin brother got stabbed, disabled ex-marine, Jake Sully [Sam Worthington], has to take over his mission. The only way it could happen was if Jake’s and his brother’s DNA matched. Why did it have to match?  They were very lucky it did.

His mission was, to gain the trust, and learn the weaknesses of the na’vi’s [natives to Pandora, which is the planet they are researching on]. Why would they want him to learn that stuff? They wanted him to know because, the village that the na’vi’s live on, happens to be resting on unobtanium (A rock which sells for approx. 20 million a kilo). While Jake is trying to gain the na’vi’s trust, he is entered into the tribe, and before he knows it he falls in love with neytiri [Zoe Saldana], who is a part of the tribe.

The movie is directed by James Cameron, who is a successful director before avatar was released, with blockbusters like Titanic and Aliens.

The human characters include: Jake Sully [Sam Worthington], who is a former marine who has joined the Avatar program with no Avatar training or research.  Dr. Grace Augustine who is an exobiologist and head of the Avatar Program. She mentors Jake Sully, and was an advocate of peaceful relations with the Na'vi, setting up a school to teach them English.  Trudy Chacon [Michelle Rodriguez] is a Marine combat pilot assigned to support the Avatar Program. Parker Selfridge [Giovanni Ribisi] is the corporate administrator for the RDA mining operation and one of the film's primary antagonists. Norm Spellman [Joel David Moore] is an anthropologist who studies plant and nature life as part of the Avatar Program.

The Na’vi characters include:  Neytiri [Zoe Saldana] who is the daughter of the tribe leaders. Mo’at, the Omaticaya's spiritual leader and Neytiri’s mother, and Eytucan [Wes Studi]. Well if I’ve learned from this it’s any thing can happen with special effects!

I like hockey, basketball, and soccer