wjke-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Antarctica has no flag because no one owns Antarctica. So the 7th grade science has designed our own flags on what we predicted the flag would look like. I drew how the summer looks in Antarctica and how the winter looks too, I decided to do this because it shows what Antarctica looks like.

It all started out as putting my name into the almost filled box. The form took two seconds to fill out. I fold in half two times and then hope that i get in for the modeling position. The next day about 7 pm my mom picks up the phone and talks then she comes out with a smile on her face saying Kelsi you have an audition tomorrow at the fox Run Mall. I SCREAM quietly. The next next day i wake up to go to school After School i get ready then at 6;30 i go to Mall. My heart beating fastly.I walk up and sign my name they give me a line to memorize and to practice my walk. They finally call my number to tryout in front of the judge to say my line and walk down the runway. They ask me a few questions and then they have me say my line then walk down the runway. I say thank you then walk off the stage.When They call winning numbers they call mine i walk up to the stand and they take my picture with other girls that made it in too. I think to my self this might be my future and who knows i could be famous.

Living in space is very risky and hard. Here are just some things that I learned about living in space. I learned about the clothing in space and the food and the hygiene in space.

Crew members usually pick their outfits like their shirts, pants, and short. They pick from Russian or U.S clothing supplies. They pick coveralls heavy or light to work in space in. They pick their clothes out for every 3 days so for example they change their clothes the every 3 days.

Food In Space has came along way since the begging of the space rockets . They actually eat the same things that we do when we eat like brownies, fruit and other things containing water like pastas or macaroni. Condiments like ketchup and mustard are in liquid form. They eat 3 meals a day just like us.

Hygiene is very important just like it is on earth . Have you ever wondered what or how you would go to the bathroom or take a shower or shave. Well you have to be strapped down while doing those things. They have to work out in space because when your space you don’t use your muscles and bones because when you get out of space you’ll need your muscles.

So those are just somethings that happen while living in space. It seems fun to live in space but also very hard imagine sleeping, you have to be sleeping strapped in. It seems also very dangerous.

[LINK]

I remember when Mr.Gianforte came to our school for an assembly. He told us more about space. And more about light years, how there are more than our planets. And more about how it takes along time just to go around space and the different colors of the planets. Those are the things I remember about the talk with Mr. Gianforte.